No announcement yet.

The Other Side (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that a scene is coming where Hank will either see Nick kill a wesen (who deserves it) or find its remains. I think it would be interesting to see what Hank would do about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Hyndara71 - Yes, that helped a lot!! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        I have a feeling that a scene is coming where Hank will either see Nick kill a wesen (who deserves it) or find its remains. I think it would be interesting to see what Hank would do about it.
        Well, question is will Hank believe Nick when he will explain that the corpse was Wesen and "deserved" it to die ... but keep in mind his reaction after he saw the rifle. When he actually S E E s Nick's killing a person ... I'm pretty sure he won't get him away with that *shakes head*.

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
        Hyndara71 - Yes, that helped a lot!! Thanks!
        You're welcome . Whatever or whenever you have a question, I'm sure we will try our best to answer you promptly

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
          Saying that I recognize that we are almost there: with losing Juliette and becoming a more grim Grimm Nick is mostly alone now. Monroe was first together with Rosalee, now after Rosalee's gone and the death-threat Nick and he seems to take a time off their friendship. Bud we've only seen so far informing Nick about Juliette's research and I'm pretty sure, Nick's behaviour freaked him out again.
          The only one Nick is "having" now is Hank, and Hank is also the angle that could take Nick out of his duty as a detective. And that's a scenario I really don't want to see but I fear will happen.
          I don´t think they would want to lose the procedural part of the show just yet but I believe if Nick will go on like this, he will have to quit the Force. I mean, Hank could get Wu as a partner and keep the procedural part intact for some part but after I watched the episodes with Nick´ s mum again today, I almost saw Nick doing the same - leaving Portland in his trailer, stealing money, hunting people who wanted to hurt him...or maybe he wouldn´t leave Portland but I think if something worse should happen to Juliette (like, if she dies), I think it would really made him to do something bad. Also, FBI are on his trail, he can´t keep hiding bodies forever. He already did one mistake with the gun on the crime scene back then, and as you said, Hank is a cop, a good one, an honest man...he would probably give Nick a head start but if it would get to the point where Nick would kill somebody without reason or for some really not-so-justified reason, it may get ugly. That Hank helped Monroe was because he knew he was helping a friend and knew they were bad guys. But to see Nick beating a kid? (who Nick saw as a monster but Hank saw just a kid)...I think after Adelind´s return, it may be just too much for Hank.
          It is exciting, unpredictable and that´s exactly what I love about this show. One thing is for sure - the atmosphere of Season 2, especially the "grim" atmosphere around Nick (ironically, the more people know, the more secretive he is), is a forshadowing for something bad to happen.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I still do not know what to think about this episode.

the story of the kids was okay, but I do not like the direction the show is taking.

the only part I really liked of the episode was when Renard goes for the first time to the spice shop - I loved his interaction with Monroe.

but the second time he goes to the shop and Monroe says that basically he cannot be helped I did not like it

forgot: I also liked when/how Nick saved the kid at the end

waiting to see what happens in the next episode to make up my mind
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              I don´t think they would want to lose the procedural part of the show just yet but I believe if Nick will go on like this, he will have to quit the Force. I mean, Hank could get Wu as a partner and keep the procedural part intact for some part
              That would be difficult because, as far as I know, Wu would have to make a special test before he could become a detective. That's not so easy. Besides that ... we already had the situation before in 1.07 when Nick was in the woods to find Holly.

but after I watched the episodes with Nick´ s mum again today, I almost saw Nick doing the same - leaving Portland in his trailer, stealing money, hunting people who wanted to hurt him...
              So I'm not alone with this impression. Good to know . And I really hope they won't take this road for Nick. With Portland they have such an amazing backdrop. it would be a shame to lose that!

or maybe he wouldn´t leave Portland but I think if something worse should happen to Juliette (like, if she dies), I think it would really made him to do something bad.
              Mh, something is telling me that something worst will happen to Juliette, or at least to their relationship. I hope they won't write her out of the show. but I fear she will change the sides ... or something else. I don't see her die, I have to say. But maybe she's also more than expected (thinking about that scene at the end of 1.15 ...)

Also, FBI are on his trail, he can´t keep hiding bodies forever. He already did one mistake with the gun on the crime scene back then,
              Yeah, the gun could bite him in the butt one day ... About the FBI ... I'm not so sure if there will be something else. To me that sounded more like a treat. But, hey, I also had the impression that one of the FBI-guys was in a relationship with the killed female agent. Maybe I was wrong ...

and as you said, Hank is a cop, a good one, an honest man...he would probably give Nick a head start but if it would get to the point where Nick would kill somebody without reason or for some really not-so-justified reason, it may get ugly.
              Yep, I'm completely with you. It would be very, very ugly ...

That Hank helped Monroe was because he knew he was helping a friend and knew they were bad guys. But to see Nick beating a kid? (who Nick saw as a monster but Hank saw just a kid)...
              Mh, don't forget about the little dirty secret Hank told Nick in 1.08 ... personally I thought it was more about that that Hank helped Monroe and Angelina. True, also because there were some bad guys, but mostly I think it was a kind of payback. But I can be wrong there.

I think after Adelind´s return, it may be just too much for Hank.
              That will be intresting to see how they will manage this return and how Hank will react when he sees Adalind and finds out what she did to him. I don't think he will handle that so easy, especially that Nick didn't tell him the truth.
              Funny, I rewatched 2.07 on Friday and noticed that Hank began to ask Nick about the Wesen when he was on the Hexenbiest-page. I so love this little details !

It is exciting, unpredictable and that´s exactly what I love about this show. One thing is for sure - the atmosphere of Season 2, especially the "grim" atmosphere around Nick (ironically, the more people know, the more secretive he is), is a forshadowing for something bad to happen.
              Unpredictable? Mh ...
              Yes, the show is getting darker every week now. And I think that's the problem for the most. I mean, something has to happen, that was clear. and on one hand I like some parts of the season-arc, but on the other hand ... hard to explain *sighs*.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I'm preferring the darkness. I was tired of random creature of the week, and I think the writers are trying to give the show longevity.

As much as I liked Season 1 it would become Grimm: Law and Order if that pattern continued. I appreciate that the Wesen world is opening up more. I can't imagine 44, 66, or 88 episodes of that.

I see the writers creating a team around Nick, so I don't Hank rejecting Nick. I see him grabbing him and telling him when to stop, but given his past and his own overly emotional moments, I don't see Hank pushing away from Nick. If anything, I see him saying that since Nick pulled him out of the darkness that he will do the same for Nick.

I agree that I see Nick and Hank leaving the police force eventually when the truth about the captain comes out. Wu will remain the police contact and hopefully have more to do than be the comic relief.

Nick will have a wonderful team in Hank, Monroe, Rosalee, and perhaps Wu. Juliet even fits given her day job.

The Juliet/Renard arc, as annoying as it is, allows for Nick to discover the captain when his team compares notes down the line.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                X