• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over My Dead Body (206)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    OVER MY DEAD BODY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Monroe’s old flame Angelina returns with a warning that he may be in danger due to his continuing alliance with Nick. Meanwhile, Hank expands his Wesen knowledge while working with Nick to protect Monroe; and Capt. Renard receives a visit from a European acquaintance. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 October 2012, 12:48 PM.

wow that was a good episode. though not much grimm Nick. I liked the Hank and Monroe scene. and the end almost made me cry.
    sigpic

Comment

An amazing episode!

I hated Angelina last year and yet found her perfect for this episode.

So many awesome scenes. Grimm is doing fabulously this season.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

What a heartbreaking end! It's so sad - poor Monroe! I reallly wanted to sit beside him, howling with him in the end *sniff*.

More later ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The best Grimm episode so far? Looks like it.
          So many great things that I even don´t know whare to start.

The beginning with three diffferent dinners, that are actually connected by their participants (who will be interrupted by following events), was great.

So many little personal moments - I absolutely loved Angelina and Nick cooperation. That scene where Monroe had to calm them down was hilarious and great.
          Nick finding out it was actually his "fault" was pretty strong (kudos to David for delivering it). How Nick then sat at Monroe´s bed, all broken, teary and sad, was...well, heartbreaking. Same for Rosalee´s call with Monroe and the others. Great interaction with everybody involved and Angelina´s realization, at that moment, that Monroe cared about Rosalee and vice versa, was a great acting from Jamie (I am so sorry she won´t be around anymore).

Wow, Hank killed a guy and saved Nick´s life. I am curious how far will they go together because this is not a standard police work.
          I am not sure how long they can keep up being cops with this.

One little thing that bothered me was Nick´s "you killed a guy and I should arrest you for a murder". Technically, his actions in last episode, when he killed a guy and put his body into a river, were not also really...well, legal. It was a self-defense, but I think Nick created this "off the book" attitude when he divided his cop life and Grimm life and when something happens in a Grimm life, can´t influenced the other. But he can´t do this forever, because eventually, it all collapses.

I hated how Nick was interrupted during the dinner with Juliette because I think this fresh start with telling her everything could be good for them both.

Now, they all have a reason to continue in what they do. Nick must be angry about Monroe, Angelina and that people around him are in danger. Monroe because of Angelina and also that someone tells him who he should be a friend with (I understand that this mixing Wesen/Grimm is bad for the royals but this won´t help them ) And Hank? He is in it deep now and I am so glad he is there and knows. And I am reaaaally curious about how he will react about Adelind next week.
          Last edited by Klenotka; 06 October 2012, 03:40 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Well, what should I write?
            First of all, I wasn't really able to write a review this morning, I still was shocked and all in tears. Anyone living in Germany or near by? That howling you've heard this morning, that was me .
            Stop kidding now ...
            I loved this episode but I have to say, I hate the end. Angelina was one of my favourites in season 1 (the second placed behind Arial) and I really hoped she would make it. But she saved Monroe's life, caught the bullet that was meant for him and he took revenge and buried her in the forest *sniff*. I really think both were still in love but had realized that they weren't a good couple (I confess, I'm shipping Monrosalee *blushes*). Rest in Peace, Angelina *iz crying again*.
            Okay, rest of the ep ... as I've said above, I loved it! Good work on that again and I'm really begin to wonder what they will show us for the midseason when they are right now on this high level - or season-finale, what comes next? Wow!
            I loved Nick again, his reactions, how you can see what he feels. I think he was a little calmed down this ep, not such an angry Grimm than before. So, Juliette cooking his favourite meal for him and the talk they had during dinner really works on him. It was so cute when he wanted to ignore Monroe's call just to have some more time for Juliette *happy sigh*, and then again, how alarmed he was, after Monroe told him about the dead-thread.
            Nick teams up with Angelina still makes me giggle. Plotbunny anyone? I think I've seen one at hoppling around the crime-scene LOL. And Hank and Monroe ... OMG! I was so laughing my ass off when Hank asked Monroe about the woge and finally his question: "Can you do it again?" Line of the week, sweetie, that was the line of the week for me .
            Rosalee ... well, I loved how worried she was about Monroe but was a little disappointed that she left Monroe's home. True, Angelina insulted her but isn't she supposed to fight for the man she is in love with and not only go away when there's a rival? This whole "My aunt's in the hospital" was a little too thin as an excuse for me (yes, I know why Bree had to leave, I'm talking about the storyline, not about her baby).
            And then Nick sitting right to Monroe while he's poisening himself ... I so LOVE this friendship! And it was a great moment again for both of them *sniff*. How worried Nick looked ...
            Well, to me it wasn't too surprising that Renard's old chick was after this whole thing *wanna kick her ass back to Asia*. The fight was again well done and Hank saving Nick's life ... well deserved (but I still don't see him in Team Grimm. This time I think it was a kind of payback for him, nothing more). He's not thrilled about WHAT he knows about the Grimm-thing, and I really think, he would quitt his partnership when he would know about whatelse Nick had done so far since he became a Grimm.

As I've said, I love the ep, at least also the end. BTW, it IS an existing ritual what Monroe did with his watch. After my Grandfather passed away my Grandmother and my Dad did something similiar - they destroyed his alarm-clock.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Was it my imagination or is the actress that played Angelina the same actress that played in the SGA episode Duet?

Comment

It wasn´t your imagination. It was Jamie Ray Newman, who was indeed in two episodes of SGA. She was also in Eureka

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

And lots of other shows.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

loved this episode - wondering how Monroe will cope with this loss and if this will influence his relation with Nick
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                      loved this episode - wondering how Monroe will cope with this loss and if this will influence his relation with Nick
                      that will be interesting. I think that he will continue to help Nick, but yeah now he realizes he isn't only putting himself in danger.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X