X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Slice of Kevin (807)

Episode synopsis :

Originally posted by BuddyTV
    From the CW: "Mrs. Tran and Kevin work to concoct a demon bomb to use against Crowley, and Sam and Dean are stunned when Castiel appears and tells them he escaped from Purgatory."
    Original Air Date : 11/14/2012
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 November 2012, 03:26 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

good episode!

this series can be very violent.

jensen is a very good actor.

so i wonder if naomi is good or bad? i hope she's good!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Really strong episode last night. Crowley is a great bad guy. Castiel coming back, and everything being revealed about Purgatory, was great. Amanda Tapping's brief first appearance was very intriguing as well. I can't wait to get some answers into what is going on with her character. Will she be friend or foe?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        good episode!

this series can be very violent.
        Noooo idea what you are talking about. (Ouuch!)
        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        jensen is a very good actor.

so i wonder if naomi is good or bad? i hope she's good!
        Yes, he is.
        I'd find it interesting if AT turned out to be an evil angel. I like her on the dark side.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Really strong episode last night. Crowley is a great bad guy. Castiel coming back, and everything being revealed about Purgatory, was great. Amanda Tapping's brief first appearance was very intriguing as well. I can't wait to get some answers into what is going on with her character. Will she be friend or foe?
        Crowley is amazing. My kind of evil. I missed Cass and I kinda suspected he never left Purgatory because he never deemed himself as worthy of leaving. That to me, makes more sense than the way Dean remembered it.
        As I said before, I'd prefer AT as a foe.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Ooooo. Maybe Naomi is the warden of heaven jail. (Didn't Anna say she was in heaven jail before she came back to get rid of Sam?) That room looked like it had an interrogation room style mirror/window in it. If so, I'd say that makes Naomi a bad guy.

If there is a compendium of tablets, perhaps one of them deals with getting rid of angels or making them stay in heaven and quit messing with earth and that's why the angels would want to spy on Sam and Dean. Would it get rid of Cas, too?

ETA: Was Cas in heaven jail, too, back in season 5? Isn't that why Jimmy was there instead of Cas in that one episode?
          Last edited by Callista; 16 November 2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Okay here's the thing. Why has no one talked about Castiel's host? He was thrown into Purgatory as well. That makes Castiel partly human.

I think it's odd that we had one episode and no one cares about Castiel's host. He let Cas possess him to spare his child so Cas could fight the Devil, but oh well. Let's forget that deal.

About Amanda Tapping's character, is that Naomi?

Since when have Angels been on Sam and Dean's side? Castiel is and has always been the lone Angel always on Sam and Dean's side.
            Last edited by Mrja84; 01 December 2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

They've never clearly stated this, but I always figured Jimmy died (or his soul left his body and went to heaven) the first time Cas got exploded. Either that or when Cas reinhabited Jimmy's body because Jimmy appeared to be almost dead at that point. If so, maybe it's the human soul that mattered to get out of purgatory rather than the human body? Benny said he used to be human, so maybe that means something, or maybe it didn't and Cas really could have gotten through if he'd wanted to.

Yes, AT is Naomi. I don't think she is on their side. I think she's just manipulating Cas into spying on them for her own (and other angels) benefit.

Comment

A great episode, I really love Kevin's feisty mother, fiercely protecting her child, but so out of her depth in the situation they've ended up in!

Crowley is just a brilliant character, the more things change with him, the more they stay the same. Has to be one of the best villains in any TV show in a long time for me!

So happy our poor tormented Cas is back, as the almost childlike one too with his fascination with TV! Also the angels are back, with Amanda Tapping no less, as the latest one to give Cas and the Winchesters some grief no doubt. I think she's using the Winchesters and getting Cas to help them for some ulterior motive. Given the previous ways the angels have behaved, can we believe otherwise?! Shades of sinister manipulative 'Replicarter' here me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  A great episode, I really love Kevin's feisty mother, fiercely protecting her child, but so out of her depth in the situation they've ended up in!

Crowley is just a brilliant character, the more things change with him, the more they stay the same. Has to be one of the best villains in any TV show in a long time for me!

So happy our poor tormented Cas is back, as the almost childlike one too with his fascination with TV! Also the angels are back, with Amanda Tapping no less, as the latest one to give Cas and the Winchesters some grief no doubt. I think she's using the Winchesters and getting Cas to help them for some ulterior motive. Given the previous ways the angels have behaved, can we believe otherwise?! Shades of sinister manipulative 'Replicarter' here me thinks!
                  Yeah, Crowley is amazing. The kind of villain you absolutely love to hate.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                    I think she's just manipulating Cas into spying on them for her own (and other angels) benefit.
                    I'd say so, she's giving him ruffies! He never knows he's been helping her and the Winchesters are oblivious because he is gone and back in an instant.

How powerful does that make Naomi? Or just Angels? We saw that Cas could visit the Winchesters without them ever knowing he is in the room, but we didn't know that Angels could leave Earth and go to Heaven and return without anyone the wiser.

They just keep piling on abilities for the Angels, might as well make them Supermen. Who needs a God when you have all the Angels acting like demigods.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                      Okay here's the thing. Why has no one talked about Castiel's host? He was thrown into Purgatory as well. That makes Castiel partly human.

I think it's odd that we had one episode and no one cares about Castiel's host. He like Cas to possess him to spare his child so Cas could fight the Devil, but oh well. Let's forget that deal.
                      I thought it was implied somewhere along the way that Jimmy essentially died and obviously his soul got sent to Heaven thus Cas just inhabits a shell/just takes that form.

Or that's what I've assumed anyway. Especially after Cas was killed at the end of S5. Why resurrect Jimmy as well?

Interesting ep. Didn't think AT would be playing a nice angel...or that's my first impression anyway. lol. What a way to use Cas against the brothers. I wonder what her agenda is.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        I thought it was implied somewhere along the way that Jimmy essentially died and obviously his soul got sent to Heaven thus Cas just inhabits a shell/just takes that form.

Or that's what I've assumed anyway. Especially after Cas was killed at the end of S5. Why resurrect Jimmy as well?

Interesting ep. Didn't think AT would be playing a nice angel...or that's my first impression anyway. lol. What a way to use Cas against the brothers. I wonder what her agenda is.
                        I guess I just never caught that. So why can't Angels take a dead body as it's host? Since Castiel is using a corpse with no human soul, apparently, then why can't the other Angels?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          I guess I just never caught that. So why can't Angels take a dead body as it's host? Since Castiel is using a corpse with no human soul, apparently, then why can't the other Angels?
                          Dead people are smelly? Got me. They probably could if they wanted to.

Well nothing was explicitly stated that I can remember. I think it was mostly left up to your own interpretation. I don't think of it so much as Jimmy's body but rather Cas has taken that image when he was resurrected at the end of S5. Like Anna did in S4's episode "On the Head of a Pin". It had this dialogue:

CAS:“Anna.”
                          ANNA: “Hello, Castiel.”
                          CAS: "Your human body, it was destroyed.”
                          ANNA: “I know. But, I guess I’m sentimental. Called in some old favours, and...”

Granted she was born into that body and didn't possess it but it was still destroyed and yet she got to come back looking like that. Obviously for practical show purposes, but it set a precedent that such things could happen.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

I think also that Cas is a special case in that he keeps getting resurrected by...well, God, I guess. That hasn't happened with any other angel, right? So, I'd guess that the physical vessel is being resurrected along with his angel self because whomever is doing the resurrecting wants him to be in human form so that he can interact with humans or learn more about humanity or something.

Comment

I am curious on what Cas did when he went against Crowley. Was it a bluff or did he surge with power?

I am curious about Amanda Tapping's character.

The name Metatron is interesting. At first I got to thinking maybe it was him that freed Castiel. Probably will here more of him and maybe see him.
                              Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                              X