X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Brother (805)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by buddyTV
    From the CW: "After Benny gets brutally beat up by some vampires, he calls Dean for help. Dean abruptly packs up and tells a confused Sam that he’s taking a “personal day.” Benny confesses that he’s going after his Maker so Dean offers to help, flashing back on the many times Benny helped him and Castiel in Purgatory. Meanwhile, Sam uses his solo time to reflect on the life he left behind with Amelia. However, when things go bad for Dean and Benny, Dean calls Sam for help, which makes everything very complicated."
    Original Air Date : 10/31/2012
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2012, 11:58 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Boy, the heads were really flying (and bouncing) in this one!

I loved Dean using Sam yelling at him over the phone as a diversion. And Sam thinking maybe Dean had snuck off to go hunting with Garth. And then Sam's major b-face at the end. That is one unhappy brother. I hope they show us Dean telling Sam about Benny, but I don't know how they can unless next week's episode picks up immediately from the end of this one.

Also, now I'm wondering if that guy outside Sam and Amelia's house in the first episode was maybe watching her instead of him. She seems pretty concerned about the possibility of Sam stalking her. Plus, she's sitting around drinking a lot and not making any friends.

I also liked Benny whistling "Hall of the Mountain King" while he fights in Purgatory. Since Guy Bee said that was a reference to "M", I watched that movie (the one from 1931). Very interesting as the guy who whistles that song in the movie does it when he is giving in to his monstrous urges.

Oh, I also liked Sam telling Dean that all his friends are dead and Dean saying "That's not what I called to talk about!!!!" Poor Dean. (But it still made me laugh.)

Comment

Great episode. One of the best of this young season. I really like Benny thus far.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great episode, I only wish the fight with the leviathons was longer. It was a nice touch having them be able to transform from ooze unlike outside of there where they have to take hosts. I'd like it best if they were able to stay in their full monstrous form in purgatory but this will do.

On a side note is anyone else bothered by the lack of man-made (or in this case monster-made) structures in purgatory? They may be monsters but most of them are still human(oid) and not animals. Plus I remember in a past episode there was some sort of explanation for leviathons being in purgatory because they would eat everything up like piranhas. In purgatory there seems to be a lot of other monsters running free.
        Originally posted by Descended
        That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Final View Post

On a side note is anyone else bothered by the lack of man-made (or in this case monster-made) structures in purgatory? They may be monsters but most of them are still human(oid) and not animals.
          Nope. Like Alpha Vamp told Dean, "When humanity was sitting around in caves, I was the thing in the dark that they feared." (non-verbatim) I like to think that when monster souls go to purgatory, most of what was human within them is stripped out, leaving a purer form of the monster. After all, monsters don't normally wear a tux and carry a top-hat; they will do whatever is necessary to blend in with humans. If there's no humans in Purgatory, there's no need to blend in.

Plus I remember in a past episode there was some sort of explanation for leviathons being in purgatory because they would eat everything up like piranhas. In purgatory there seems to be a lot of other monsters running free.
          Leviathans. Two a's. And the episode you're thinking of is the one in season 6 where Death tells Dean, Sam, Bobby and Castiel that God locked them away because he "feared they'd eat the petri dish." I think that since monsters and Leviathans are distantly related (as said by the Alpha Vamp to one of the Leviathans) they would probably not taste as good as terrestrial things, such as humans and their world. I also like to think that Eve protected her 'children' in Purgatory from the worse of the Leviathans, even though some of them probably fell prey to 'em.

Of course, feel free to make up your own headcanon!
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Working...
          X