X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitten (804)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by buddyTV
    From the CW: " Sam and Dean investigate a bizarre murder in a college town. Close on the tail of their suspect, they bust into an apartment to find two dead bodies and a laptop cued up to some disturbing video footage. The footage begins with Brian, Mike and Kate hearing about an unusual animal attack in their town and the rest of the story is revealed through their eyes. Sam and Dean become unknowing participants in a unique student film."
    Original Air Date : 10/24/2012
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2012, 12:00 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

It's been so long since I've been in here. Anywhos...

While I'm still processing the ep, I'm just gonna say I love how they divided the credits around all "that". Kinda like it was all one, big teaser. Always enjoy those little creative details they give us.
    sigpic

Comment

I really like this episode. I think I read (though now I have no idea where) that this season would do a lot with perspective, and I'm liking the different ways they're doing that so far. We get the monster's point of view this week, the monster's lover's last week, Dean's somewhat hazy pov of what happened with Cas in purgatory and how his opinions on dealing with monsters has changed...probably because of his relationship with Benny..., Kevin's pov as the guy who hasn't gotten jaded yet after being thrust into this different life and Sam's pov as the guy who has done all that and is ready to take control of his own life back. I'm intrigued!!

Comment

Well, Dean has been hacking and slashing since getting out of purgatory. SO I wouldn't saw his POV of monsters has changed. Not sure why he didn't go after her.

Comment

last week i fell a sleep watching the show
          this week i hoped i will fell a sleep while watching this episode

this show need's to be ended in this season
          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Watched like the first 10 minutes and then turned it off. Waste of an episode. Don't like those type movies (the way it was filmed). So certainly don't like it carrying over to tv shows I watch...especially if the main characters are going to barely be in it.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

This was an ok episode. They completely copied the plot and character dynamics of the movie Chronicle (great movie btw). I never was a fan of the found footage movies, but SPN's PTB didn't over use the cliches of said shooting style. The characters felt a little flat, you're typical teenagers with their usual quirks and problems. I couldn't really connect with any one of them, though the girl was the most sympathetic of the three. Her unfortunate and forced upon destiny made her somewhat of an interesting character, as acknowledged by Dean himself by letting her live.
              I always like seeing Dean and Sam, as well as their relationship, from another perspective. But I'm actually more interested in getting to know more about Dean's time in purgatory and Sam's time off hunting, than some random teenager's runins with a werewolf. So please PTB of SPN get back to the main storyline!
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

This was the worst SPN episode I've seen in a long time, if not ever. There was about nothing right with this one - and it wasn't the lack of Sam and Dean.

If they wanted to make an Winchester-light episode, I'm Okay with that, but not in this way.
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                  This was an ok episode. They completely copied the plot and character dynamics of the movie Chronicle (great movie btw). I never was a fan of the found footage movies, but SPN's PTB didn't over use the cliches of said shooting style. The characters felt a little flat, you're typical teenagers with their usual quirks and problems. I couldn't really connect with any one of them, though the girl was the most sympathetic of the three. Her unfortunate and forced upon destiny made her somewhat of an interesting character, as acknowledged by Dean himself by letting her live.
                  I always like seeing Dean and Sam, as well as their relationship, from another perspective. But I'm actually more interested in getting to know more about Dean's time in purgatory and Sam's time off hunting, than some random teenager's runins with a werewolf. So please PTB of SPN get back to the main storyline!
                  What? Copied? The character dynamics were completely different. Instead of three high school guys getting powers, it was one guy in a group of two guys and one girl.

There was the obvious love triangle that wasn't present in Chronicle.

It's a different dynamic when one person in the group has powers. It creates resentment and isolates the group's members. Specifically in this case the person outside of the romantic couple was further removed.

Yes the footage and the mysteriously gaining powers is similar, but A) didn't originate with Chronicle, 2) was only given to one member of the group, 3) Dealt less with how the people used the powers and more with how the power was used as a way to leverage the dynamics of the relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                    Well, Dean has been hacking and slashing since getting out of purgatory. SO I wouldn't saw his POV of monsters has changed. Not sure why he didn't go after her.
                    I think it has changed in regard to monsters who "promise to be good". I suspect it's because he's trusting Benny to go against his monster urges so Dean has to believe that that is possible for other monsters, as well. Since the girl hasn't killed any people yet (she only killed another monster), he's giving her a chance. I don't recall him ever doing that except for way back in the episode where they met Gordon (which coincidentally is the one that Ty Olson was in, right?) and also in respect to Sam back when he was afraid of becoming a monster. Dean wasn't even going to give himself a chance when he got turned into a vampire; he wanted Sam and Samuel to kill him right away.

So, I suspect this episode was placed here so that we can better appreciate Dean and Benny's relationship next week and to show that Dean's black and white view of monsters and their lack of humanity has changed because of that relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                      I've watched that movie and while it was okay plot wise, I didn't particularly care for the way it was filmed. (And thought the ending was thrown together.) When this ep started off that way, that was the first thing I though of and the reason I turned it off after 10 minutes of hoping those people would hurry up and die so the episode could get back on track.

As far as I'm concerned if they had wanted to save money/time they could have just cut the season short by one episode.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        As far as I'm concerned if they had wanted to save money/time they could have just cut the season short by one episode.
                        Yes, but you're apparently elemental.
                        (What the heck does that mean!?!?!?)

Comment

I have no idea. It's something to do with the supernatural/Supernatural theme for the next couple of days.

I didn't luck out and get a SPN themed rank.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                            This was the worst SPN episode I've seen in a long time, if not ever. There was about nothing right with this one - and it wasn't the lack of Sam and Dean.

If they wanted to make an Winchester-light episode, I'm Okay with that, but not in this way.
                            I'm going to have to agree with you. I've never felt like this about a SPN episode since the show began. Even the twist on the 'Cloverfield' style of filming with the kids themselves being the 'monster' of the piece, it just didn't work and SPN has been so good at putting great twists on themes that have been done before.

Very disappointing and forgettable.

Comment

I sort of agree with a lot of you. I didn't hate the episode, but I probably won't really be rewatching it any time soon. To me, this is another example of the root problem for SPN the last few seasons. With Kripke through S5, there was a clear plan and progression. Everything was connected somehow. They don't have that anymore. Someone needs to sit down and develop an extended course for the stories so they don't end up so disconnected.

Maybe they're just trying to set us up for The Main Event and we just aren't feeling it like they thought we would. Hopefully once they start bringing in Benny, things will pick up and everything will start to fall into place.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X