• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bullet That Saved the World (504)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    THE BULLET THAT SAVED THE WORLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 504
    Peter makes a risky excursion to get a present for Etta, and the team learns that their position inside the lab has been compromised. A brief reunion with Broyles leads to a direct confrontation with Winmark and the Observers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 May 2015, 12:28 AM.

No. Just. No, I have lost my crush, damn you writers ! Other then that awesomly awesome episode which you can usually expect from Fringe ! I am really sad that it is ending but I really hope we wont get any reset button happy ending, which I have a feeling we might. Two things I want to see before the end are the alternate universe ( even if its only for a glimpse ) and the original timeline ! I worry do with Etta being dead that it looks like we get a reset-button thingy finale going on !
    sigpic

Comment

If we do not see the alternate universe. Then that is very ****ty of the writers to put that line by Peter in there

Comment

Well that was unexpected, so early in the season. I have to admit, though, that it had less of an impact than it should have. Even though she was Peter and Olivia's daughter, and therefore important to them as characters, she was still so new to the show that there wasn't enough time to build up that strong of a connection to her as viewers.

The reunion scene with Broyles was sweet. And I had to laugh at Captain Winmark playing the Simon game, and then Broyles' expression when he saw him.

Comment

I knew when she was talking to Olivia about the bullet necklace that she was gonna get it (heard beforehand there would be a death) especially after Broyles gave em those antimatter grenades

but yeh I think its more about the impact on the characters and less us, looking at the preview for the next ep, Peter looks mighty pissed off

Comment

Well, this was an episode with some surprises! Etta killed by that cold emotionless Observer and Broyles turning up again! Happy and sad one after the other, that's Fringe!!! I agree that her death didn't have as much of an impact on the viewer as such because she's such a new character, but she's been a part of the events long enough for me to hope that her death isn't cheapened by her return somehow. I would like to see how things go forward with Peter and Olivia's actions now fueled by loss, anger and grief!

Loved the idea of using the weird stuff they investigated as Fringe division against the Observers. That mouth, nose and eye sealing virus was horrible but effective, shows how inventive and ruthless they have to get to survive!

Still wondering how the Observer couldn't sense Astrid hiding nearby, I would have thought that her fear of discovery and not knowing how to mask her thoughts would have alerted those creepy mind readers, I guess they have to focus on the individual! I was glad they didn't find them in the lab, as it isn't Fringe without Walter doing something weird and whacky in his lab!!!

Comment

One thing that I keep wondering: if the Observers can see all possible futures, why weren't they able to see the Fringe team working in the Harvard lab in any of them? Granted, they haven't been unambered that long, but there's been a resistance going on for quite some time. Why isn't there a think tank of Observers looking at all possible futures? Sure, there may be an infinite number of possible resistance-related futures, but wouldn't they all lead back to the Fringe team - and their location - in some way? It seems odd that it took the mind rape of a resistance mole who fortuitously aroused suspicion by failing a security check for the Observers to discover the Harvard lab angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                Still wondering how the Observer couldn't sense Astrid hiding nearby.
                I think they have to be looking at them similar to when they are reading someone. When the guy was interrogating the resistance member, he turned to the camera, and at that point the "noise" stopped and the resistance guy relaxed, when he turned back and looked at him again, the torture restarted.

It's also possible the Observers don't even know she's alive, so wouldn't be looking or sensing for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                  One thing that I keep wondering: if the Observers can see all possible futures, why weren't they able to see the Fringe team working in the Harvard lab in any of them? Granted, they haven't been unambered that long, but there's been a resistance going on for quite some time. Why isn't there a think tank of Observers looking at all possible futures? Sure, there may be an infinite number of possible resistance-related futures, but wouldn't they all lead back to the Fringe team - and their location - in some way? It seems odd that it took the mind rape of a resistance mole who fortuitously aroused suspicion by failing a security check for the Observers to discover the Harvard lab angle.
                  I remember from that movie "Push" that there was a Girl who did not really see the future, but more a prediction of the decisions People take. So as long as there is no plan in place, the future the observers see cannot change. As for how they see possible futures, they change their own prediction by deciding to change stuff and then check. Its just a guess, but it would fit a bit.

I liked the Episode and agree with the rest of you that Ettas death came way to fast. Her early passing has the upside that a reset is not really needed. Nobody had a chance to get invested in her to begin with.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Even though I kind of saw it coming towards the end of the episode, Etta's death still hit me pretty hard. I felt so horrible for Peter, Olivia, and Walter.

That Observer is so going to get his in the end. And I hope it is a slow, painful death.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Even though I kind of saw it coming towards the end of the episode, Etta's death still hit me pretty hard. I felt so horrible for Peter, Olivia, and Walter.

That Observer is so going to get his in the end. And I hope it is a slow, painful death.
                      I'm trying to think of a particularly nasty Fringe event they investigated in the past that the team are looking at to fight back that they could use on that Observer. The computer file in episode 'The No-Brainer' that liquefies the brain of anyone who opens it and looks at it perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I'm trying to think of a particularly nasty Fringe event they investigated in the past that the team are looking at to fight back that they could use on that Observer. The computer file in episode 'The No-Brainer' that liquefies the brain of anyone who opens it and looks at it perhaps?
                        Oh, nice choice.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The preview for next week
                          Just stop it. I have seen a few recent post in threads talking about the next week's episode through a preview. Sorry, but if it's not what happens in THIS topic's episode, don't discuss it. Make a thread for it, but please spoilering it for the us (at least me).

I saw it in a recent Revolution thread about this past week's episode last week. Good thing I missed it cause people were given the wrong impression (maybe on purpose). But geez, I skip the previews for a reason and I look at specific episode threads for a reason. I don't want spoilers.

Sorry about that rant, but it was a good way to vent.

On topic:

This episode was solid, though I do feel that Etta's loss isn't really effective to the audience and heck we haven't even seen her develop relationships much with the others. Especially Astrid. Etta talks and reminisces with everyone but Astrid. Come on!

They just don't know what to do with her, but aren't willing to kill her off, develop her, or write her away.

I just never fully got a relationship between Peter and Olivia and I just never got a solid relationship between the parents and their "child".

Why is it that the show did a great job with original Walter and Walternate's relationship with Peter, but all other parental relationships have fallen short?

I just really don't know what this season is trying to do? We're 4 episodes in, lost a character, and still looking for tapes. Really, the final season and we're doing a scavenger hunt? Didn't we do that with the machine?

I just want Fringe to start telling us a story, some message, but it's like it wants to keep running in circles.

Comment

Working...
                          X