• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Recordist (503)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    THE RECORDIST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 503
    The first of a set of clues left by Walter in the past sends the Fringe team to a remote forest community, whose residents have committed themselves to maintaining a record of human history.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 May 2015, 11:19 PM.

Not as good as the first two episodes but I liked Paul McGillion in this episode. I loved the interactions between Peter and Olivia. Walter was awesome as ever with his addiction to weed "I had a prescription for that" ". Ten more episodes to go... I don't want this show to end. I really don't want to but I think we can be glad that there were five awesome seasons ! So they got tape six ( I guess ? ) and they are not in order. I wonder if the search of the tapes are gonna happen during the whole season or if it's gonna be finished before the finale. I'm really curious when Bell, Sharp and Broyles are gonna show up again. I thought it would have been this episode.
    What I really liked about this episode was this "history" archive stuff. That was really awesomely made. I thought I wouldn't like this George Orwell Fringe Type of future but I pretty much get used to it by now. By the way next week there is a break and the fourth episode is on October 26th.
    sigpic

Comment

It was an ok episode but felt a bit sort of cobbled together, I liked the idea that Olivia wasn't sort of mad with Peter for when he kept searching for Etta, it was more as if she was mad with herself, her punishment so to speak; still they should just have a heart to heart and get it out of the way

as always though excellent acting from the sort of filler characters I suppose, I was genuinely suprised that he went down there to get the rocks, I thought he had chickened out

but I hope his speech on doing what needs to be done doesn't point to something for the characters in the next episodes

Comment

This was an enjoyable episode. They are laying the groundwork for what will go on in the final few episodes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Comment

That final scene with Walter and those sunglasses was the best part of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
              That final scene with Walter and those sunglasses was the best part of the episode.
              That was pretty great. Walter has been such an amazing character throughout the entire run of this show.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm really getting drawn into this awful future and the quest for the answers to change it all, given they only have 13 episodes to tell this story they are doing a great job of setting the scene.

I love the sense of hope that continues despite the great odds stacked against humanity. The way Paul McGillion's character kept it alive by recording events, events that showed humanity was still thriving despite everything. The ominous air of the Observers is there constantly, watching and waiting. You have to wonder when it all goes wrong and what it will take for the Fringe team to succeed, I love this tension!

I have no doubt the end will be something pretty inventive knowing this show! Can't wait to see what note the show is closed on, I hope it will be a satisfying poignant one, then again, jaw dropping can't be dismissed either!

That screen cap is wonderful, another great Walter moment to add to the 'Wonderful Walter' gallery. He really continues to be one of the best characters out of any recent shows I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  That screen cap is wonderful, another great Walter moment to add to the 'Wonderful Walter' gallery. He really continues to be one of the best characters out of any recent shows I've seen.
                  I am in complete agreement on that.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I really liked the Walter we saw in "Letters in Transit". I miss him. Yes, the big MacGuffin was in his head, but they didn't necessary have to do that.

They could have had it so:

A) the plan was a long job over the season

or

B) Walter didn't have a plan, but was ambitious and working on one.

I just hate they they keep giving us a version of Walter that is mentally damaged, scared, and unsure of himself.

John Noble is a great actor...I wish they would stop type-casting him!

Comment

Not the best one, but it was still quite interesting. My main complaint, though, is that it did not have enough Astrid!

I really hope we'll see more of her this season. I know the current situations don't allow much liberty outside the lab, but I do hope we will learn a bit more about her. It would be a shame to end Fringe without giving us more background stories about a character that's been there since the beginning!

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
                        Not the best one, but it was still quite interesting. My main complaint, though, is that it did not have enough Astrid!

I really hope we'll see more of her this season. I know the current situations don't allow much liberty outside the lab, but I do hope we will learn a bit more about her. It would be a shame to end Fringe without giving us more background stories about a character that's been there since the beginning!
                        While I understand that we've been told (before the start of the season) they can't just pack up and go to the lab to solve problems and that they will need to keep moving. We are 3 episodes in and 2 of those episodes had the crew in their same lab in Observer territory, and it's a highly secure location. But yet, the Observers have no one in the lab nor have they at any point in the last 20 years (or whatever) did anything to the Fringe team members when they were THERE!

And yet, we are still in the lab as if it's all safe and sound. At the end of the episode, guess what, they are heading back to the lab. So far, I like the new locations, but I dislike seeing the lab in use again and forcing a character to remain back there. Astrid does deserve more than they have given her and they didn't even have to do the whole "change the timeline" just for us to see her kick ass in Season 4.

We'll see how this all ends.

Comment

Christine it's like his not even trying to remember Astrid's name anymore
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I'm pretty Walter called her "Asgard", a nod to a friendly alien race from Stargate. Not sure of the actual episode since I watched the entire season 5 over the past two days.

Happy belated Fourth from Walternate & Fauxlivia!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps2b877e2d.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X