• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tallahassee (206)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    TALLAHASSEE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Emma and Captain Hook scale a giant beanstalk in search of a guide back to Storybrooke. In Emma's past, she meets a man who becomes both her lover and her partner in crime.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2012, 11:31 AM.

rotflolol

in vancouver

think i been in that park.

and the keychain, she'll know it's from him

mmhm, post card?

the effects, cheesy at best. gotta say it, King kong made 30 years ago looked better, but props to Jorge for chewing the scenery

go snow go, take on mulan...fairy tale smackdown

ok, so henry's daddy....now we know I guess

and everyone is having the same dream...spooky
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      and everyone is having the same dream...spooky
      Only the people that have been recipient to the sleeping curse are having the same dream.

Comment

I wonder if they'll use it to communicate to each other.

Comment

Makes me wonder if there is something more to that curse..

Comment

There probably is. Magic has a price. wouldn't surprise me if, in using the curse, something has been given power/unleashed, whatever
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wonder what August had in his box that convinced what's his name(drat! can't think of his name) to believe him.

I wondered if Henry's dad is Bae, and somehow August knew this and there was something in that box that was from his past. Otherwise why would an average person not be shocked or afraid of what could possibly be in the box to effect such an agreement. Hum...

I'm thinking there is some magic that follows these people around, how else could August be able to track Emma so effectively? And if Mr. Gold did not have his memory until Emma came, (as the producers said) how did he come upon Henry and procure him for Regina to adopt?
              sigpic

Comment

I know it's been discussed before jeri, but IMO, and the opinions of many people, it isn't canon if it hasn't been shown on the show. So just because the producers said Rumple didn't remember until Emma came, doesn't make it true. In my experience, producers will say all sorts of things, until it comes time to for things in the show. Then, half the time, they realize whatever they said doesn't work in the show at that point, so the go back on it or twist it. I've watched shows in the past where the writers and producers have said something, and then the show ends up proving the opposite as true. When asked, they always say "well, what we said was the plan, but then it didn't work/fit, so it changed." Go ahead and consider it canon if you want, but I'm sure many of us are basing our own theories and ideas on only what we've been shown in the series, so they may not mesh with your ideas since you go with Rumple not remembering until Emma came. Personally, the question you said about how he'd have been able to get Henry, specifically, is one of the strongest reasons I have for thinking Rumple did know before Emma came.

Anyway...While I think it would be interesting for Bae to be Henry's dad, I don't think it would fit. Everything we saw in the episode pointed to the guy she was with being Henry's father, and he was a thief. What we saw of young Bae doesn't really mesh with this guy's actions. Bae seemed to have a lot more honor, so I just can't see him turning into a criminal.

Of course, even August said this world was filled with temptations, so I suppose Bae could have "fallen of the wagon" and been distracted and tempted by things in this world, especially if he was also raised in foster care like Emma and August. And I suppose, if we go with that guy being Bae, he'd have his memories, so August could have just shown him the book, or some other, non-magical, reminder of the people and world they left behind. If Bae had his memories, then he'd recognize things from and/or about his old world, and understand who Emma was and how important her destiny would be.

If he is Bae, that could cause even more issues if/when he ends up in Storybrooke. Aside from the fact that Emma lied to Henry about his dad, so they'd all have to deal with the truth of Henry's father being alive and a formal criminal, they'd also have to deal with Henry being Rumple's grandson. That would cause all kinds of awkwardness and tension to everyone involved lol!!!
                sigpic
                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                  I know it's been discussed before jeri, but IMO, and the opinions of many people, it isn't canon if it hasn't been shown on the show. So just because the producers said Rumple didn't remember until Emma came, doesn't make it true. In my experience, producers will say all sorts of things, until it comes time to for things in the show. Then, half the time, they realize whatever they said doesn't work in the show at that point, so the go back on it or twist it. I've watched shows in the past where the writers and producers have said something, and then the show ends up proving the opposite as true. When asked, they always say "well, what we said was the plan, but then it didn't work/fit, so it changed." Go ahead and consider it canon if you want, but I'm sure many of us are basing our own theories and ideas on only what we've been shown in the series, so they may not mesh with your ideas since you go with Rumple not remembering until Emma came. Personally, the question you said about how he'd have been able to get Henry, specifically, is one of the strongest reasons I have for thinking Rumple did know before Emma came.

Anyway...While I think it would be interesting for Bae to be Henry's dad, I don't think it would fit. Everything we saw in the episode pointed to the guy she was with being Henry's father, and he was a thief. What we saw of young Bae doesn't really mesh with this guy's actions. Bae seemed to have a lot more honor, so I just can't see him turning into a criminal.

Of course, even August said this world was filled with temptations, so I suppose Bae could have "fallen of the wagon" and been distracted and tempted by things in this world, especially if he was also raised in foster care like Emma and August. And I suppose, if we go with that guy being Bae, he'd have his memories, so August could have just shown him the book, or some other, non-magical, reminder of the people and world they left behind. If Bae had his memories, then he'd recognize things from and/or about his old world, and understand who Emma was and how important her destiny would be.

If he is Bae, that could cause even more issues if/when he ends up in Storybrooke. Aside from the fact that Emma lied to Henry about his dad, so they'd all have to deal with the truth of Henry's father being alive and a formal criminal, they'd also have to deal with Henry being Rumple's grandson. That would cause all kinds of awkwardness and tension to everyone involved lol!!!
                  His name is Neal and I don't think he is Bae. That last scene with August was about his connection to Emma and no hint of his care for Rumpel.

Also if he was Bae, how would being from FTL make him instantly know of Emma's importance? There was no prophecy the queen was going to set a curse and Bae was sent off to our world decades if not centuries before August's father grew from a boy to a old man.

Rumpel was there immortal as ever when Gepetto was a boy and lost his parents, no telling if it was before or after Bae left, but Bae was never immortal like Rumpel so there is still a severe time difference before Bae even knws who Regina is. Regina isn't immortal either, so keep that in mind.

To me Bae doesn't know Rumpel is trying to find him and tracked him to this world. Bae, I believe, is just living his life without any knowledge of the curse or it's effects.

I liked seeing Emma's flashback, very nice. Though I think the whole car thing is over-the-top. She still is using a STOLEN car.

I do wonder, what happened that caused August to track Emma down after he left the orphanage? And also what took him away after Emma was imprisoned, only to return when Emma visited Storybrooke in the pilot?

About the postcard, if you recall Gepetto was looking for his son and someone pointed him to August's room, but August was gone.

So at some point August got up and left when the spell was broken and opted not to find his father. Probably ashamed for falling to temptations.

Comment

Yes, I have heard the cannon party line. But I will take the same stance, those two created this show, and have creative control, I'll be content with what they say until otherwise. It seems in keeping with what they are putting out there about Rumple not knowing every possible side effect of the curse. He may have created the curse but Regina being the one who used it follows that she be the only one to keep memory, but maybe she just added her own safe guard to keep memory. I prefer to speculate about all the possibilities not just one or two. That is the fun of this show, there are so many ways it could go.

As far as the timeline goes for Bae, we don't know if Rumple took that into consideration or not. But it is safe to assume he set the curse up to land in the place and time Bae went to, otherwise what would be the point? We don't know if Bae has been there 28 years or Emma's arrival was set to coincide with Bae's arrival. So Bae could still be a boy.
                    Last edited by jeri; 07 November 2012, 06:36 AM. Reason: spelling!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                      As far as the timeline goes for Bae, we don't know if Rumple took that into consideration or not. But it is safe to assume he set the curse up to land in the place and time Bae went to, otherwise what would be the point? We don't know if Bae has been there 28 years or Emma's arrival was set to coincide with Bae's arrival. So Bae could still be a boy.
                      We do know that for as long as Storybrooke has been in our world, 28 years, the folks who remained in FTL were stuck in on pause, they were left frozen or something, time stood still.

So in terms of the length of the curse here and there remains consistent (although I am fuzzy on the whole Wraith showing up hours before Emma and Snow, when we saw them drop in fairly soon after it).

However, Rumpel being the genius he thinks he is, would have wanted to follow Bae as closely as possible. If say, Rumpel had to devote thousands of years to finding a way to where Bae went, then he needed there to be a way to arrive within Bae's lifetime on the other world.

He could have set Storybrooke to arrive 28 years (or so) before Bae arrives or he could just hope to bring magic to our world with hopes to return bae to a younger self or at least keep him alive and with his papa.

We still are left to wonder exactly what Rumpel's plan has been, we've just seen phases.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        We do know that for as long as Storybrooke has been in our world, 28 years, the folks who remained in FTL were stuck in on pause, they were left frozen or something, time stood still.

So in terms of the length of the curse here and there remains consistent (although I am fuzzy on the whole Wraith showing up hours before Emma and Snow, when we saw them drop in fairly soon after it).

However, Rumpel being the genius he thinks he is, would have wanted to follow Bae as closely as possible. If say, Rumpel had to devote thousands of years to finding a way to where Bae went, then he needed there to be a way to arrive within Bae's lifetime on the other world.

He could have set Storybrooke to arrive 28 years (or so) before Bae arrives or he could just hope to bring magic to our world with hopes to return bae to a younger self or at least keep him alive and with his papa.

We still are left to wonder exactly what Rumpel's plan has been, we've just seen phases.
                        Yeah, what sticks in my mind is Rumple's prophetic statement in the first ep that Emma would save them when she's 28. So if I were him, I would take that into account when planning my curse agenda. (oh boy! I need a shrink! Getting into the head of a fictional character like Rumplestiltskin! )
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                          Yeah, what sticks in my mind is Rumple's prophetic statement in the first ep that Emma would save them when she's 28. So if I were him, I would take that into account when planning my curse agenda. (oh boy! I need a shrink! Getting into the head of a fictional character like Rumplestiltskin! )
                          Speaking of which, he did say "the final battle will begin!". So what "final battle"? And he sure seemed surprised when he realized he couldn't leave.

The curse is still having an effect and I thought Rumpel would have considered this outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            Speaking of which, he did say "the final battle will begin!". So what "final battle"? And he sure seemed surprised when he realized he couldn't leave.

The curse is still having an effect and I thought Rumpel would have considered this outcome.
                            I suspect Regina may have thrown in a few surprises herself.
                            sigpic

Comment

All in all, this was a pretty enjoyable episode. Liked the back-story on Emma a lot.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X