• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor (205)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    THE DOCTOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    When she discovers that her dead fiance may be wandering the town, Regina remembers the day she met “Dr. Whale.” Emma and her companions come upon a survivor of an apparent ogre attack, but suspects that he may not be telling the truth about who he is.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 05 November 2012, 11:51 AM.

so doctor frankenstein played regina to get the heart to make his monster???
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      so doctor frankenstein played regina to get the heart to make his monster???
      I guess so! I'm still laughing, where will they take us now?
      sigpic

Comment

Had a feeling that Dr. Whale was Dr. Victor Frankenstein, especially after I saw the preview last week for the episode.

So, I'm guessing in Frankenstein's world there's no magic. As he said at the end of the episode...

Spoiler:
        "It's not magic. It's science."
        sigpic

Comment

I think no story is safe from the writers....pick a figure, any figure, any mythos and they can run with it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
            Had a feeling that Dr. Whale was Dr. Victor Frankenstein, especially after I saw the preview last week for the episode.

So, I'm guessing in Frankenstein's world there's no magic. As he said at the end of the episode...

Spoiler:
            "It's not magic. It's science."
            Jefferson's hat only goes to realms with magic though.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              Jefferson's hat only goes to realms with magic though.
              I just rewatched the episode, Jefferson did use his hat to transport Dr. Frankenstein. They stated there is no magic in his world. So I'm confused about the hat thing, I had previously thought it would not go to a world without magic.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                I just rewatched the episode, Jefferson did use his hat to transport Dr. Frankenstein. They stated there is no magic in his world. So I'm confused about the hat thing, I had previously thought it would not go to a world without magic.
                Jefferson's hat does only go to worlds with magic. Jefferson even said so in the episode. The logical conclusion is that Dr. Frankenstein's world does have magic in it, just not the kind of magic he needed to make his monster.
                Meh...

Comment

They never said Victor/Whale's world doesn't have magic. Just that he does not use magic
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps in Victor/Whale's world, science is magic. If Jefferson's hat only goes to worlds with magic, then it's safe to assume that in that world, science is magic. However, it's entirely up to the writers and creators as to how they want to explain that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Somehow I don't feel that Victor is a strong character. They shouldn't have written him off, because I doubt he could be used in any other active storyline.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

My wife and I loved this episode. I knew he was Dr. Frankenstein from the outset of this. I love how the writers are using so many characters from so many stories.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So we get Dr Frankenstein now! What a weird episode! Wonder when Captain Nemo from that same world of 'science' turns up.

What next??? Darth Vader to give Rumpelstiltskin a run for his money who was using the dark side of the force all along, now that Disney owns that franchise too!

Comment

I just kept channeling Gene Wilder and Fraankhensteen

sigpic

Comment

Did not see Frankenstein coming. I guess there could be vampires and werewolves (besides Red). Maybe even Sherlock Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X