No announcement yet.

We Are Both (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon or its not true. Writers disagree on the less explained elements of a story all the time. Or they could have just flat out lied. The BSG writers did that a lot. So unless it is shown in the episode I would go with what makes sense which is Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Golc always knew about the curse
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Canon or its not true. Writers disagree on the less explained elements of a story all the time. Or they could have just flat out lied. The BSG writers did that a lot. So unless it is shown in the episode I would go with what makes sense which is Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Golc always knew about the curse
      Agreed, it has to be mentioned or shown in the show otherwise, it's just one person's interpretation. Regardless of that person's position on the show.

How then was it that Rumpel happened to get Emma's child adopted by Regina?

How was it then that anyone knew someone (such as the guy in the season 2 premiere) who lived outside of Storybrooke to send them a postcard when the spell broke?

Also, they still have left out any explanation of what life inside Storybrooke was like before Emma arrived. Storybrooke could have visitors as shown by Henry, Emma, and August arriving. Not to mention supplies the town needs (has anyone seen a farm?).

What tipped Henry off that something was wrong about the town before he got the book?

There definitely seems to be a contrast between Henry's claim that time was standing still and the fact that he could get books from his teacher, have a therapist that recalled all their sessions, etc.

Comment

The creators of the show, Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis wrote the first episode as well as other episodes and have creative control. They said he did not know until he heard Emma's name. That is all I need to know. There are many things left unexplained for us to speculate, and I think that's their plan, to keep us engaged. And doing what we're doing here.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          The creators of the show, Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis wrote the first episode as well as other episodes and have creative control. They said he did not know until he heard Emma's name. That is all I need to know. There are many things left unexplained for us to speculate, and I think that's their plan, to keep us engaged. And doing what we're doing here.
          No offense, but proof?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            No offense, but proof?
            When I'm done with this project, I'll find the video interview for you. It's on YouTube and the OUAT fan site has a collection of those interview vids.

I'm not offended by your question, I just find it amusing, I would not make it up, nor do I say something definitively without accurate recall.
            sigpic

Comment

<snip>

How was it then that anyone knew someone (such as the guy in the season 2 premiere) who lived outside of Storybrooke to send them a postcard when the spell broke?

Also, they still have left out any explanation of what life inside Storybrooke was like before Emma arrived. Storybrooke could have visitors as shown by Henry, Emma, and August arriving. Not to mention supplies the town needs (has anyone seen a farm?).
              I'm seriously thinking that the stranger was Bae, Rumple's son. Bae had gotten magic to send he and Rumple to "a world without magic" but Rumple didn't want to go because he'd be helpless again. But Bae got sucked down into the magic. So Bae could have been set down anywhere, and possibly anywhen, in time. I'm thinking he was sent into our world, since we know there is no magic here. So when Rumple arrived in Storybrooke, I'm sure he started trying to find Bae, but I don't think Bae could enter Storybrooke, since Henry has said Storybrooke doesn't have visitors (which we also know because they don't even have a bus that goes to/from the bus stop).

I think the reason Emma and August can enter Storybrooke is because of how they got to our world. They came through a magic tree and Emma's destiny was to break the curse and August essentially had to get her to believe. But aside from that, August didn't come until after Emma did. And August isn't technically human, so that might also be part of it. I think Henry was able to enter Storybrooke because he wasn't born in FTL. He was of our world, so he wasn't restricted by the curse. I also think that is why he wasn't effected by the curse.

I don't know that they do get supplies...Maybe they do, but just as you said you hadn't seen any farms, I don't recall ever seeing a supply truck. So I think it's probably just as likely that they are a self-sufficient town. Especially if Regina worked it into the curse that people would keep the useful skills in order to support the town. If people really couldn't leave or enter town, it's entirely possible she'd have known that ahead of time in order to work a solution into the curse.
              What tipped Henry off that something was wrong about the town before he got the book?

There definitely seems to be a contrast between Henry's claim that time was standing still and the fact that he could get books from his teacher, have a therapist that recalled all their sessions, etc.
              In one episode he mentioned that there were no crickets. I don't know that that "tipped him off" but that might have been part of it. Personally, I think that, while time was stopped and part of the curse was that no one would notice the lack of time passing or people aging, Henry was not subjected to that. As I said before, he was born to the "cursebreaker" outside of Storybrooke or FTL, so he wouldn't necessarily be subjected to the curse. I think that he realized people weren't aging even though he was, and that no one was noticing. That probably upset him enough that events happened and Mary Margaret eventually gave him the book. That's probably when it all started to "make sense" to Henry and he realized his town was under the curse. Then, since I'm sure he knew he wass adopted, whether Regina told him or he figured it out, he realized his birth mom must be the curse breaker since he wasn't subjected to the curse.

I don't think there is a contrast at all. Not noticing that time isn't passing isn't the same as time standing still. Part of the curse would likely be that people wouldn't notice that things weren't changing, but that doesn't mean they can't remember things that happen to them in Storybrooke.

On the subject of Rumple knowing who he was before Emma came to town...

I don't know about other countries, but here in the US ABC aired a "preview" episode before airing S2E1. I hadn't yet watched it, but I am now because I have to empty my DVR lol.

Anyway, I'm not done with it yet, but they are going through talking about the characters and some of the events, especially who people were in FTL and who they are, or think they are, in Storybrooke.

It specifically said that, like Regina, Mr. Gold had his memories of FTL and Rumple. To me, that says that he always knew, not that he needed Emma to enter town to remember.

I think that the reason he asked about the name of Snow's baby was because he wanted to know who to watch for. And when he heard Emma's name at Granny's it wasn't giving him back his memories, but rather telling him the curse was on its way to being broken.
              sigpic
              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Here it is, at 6:40 minutes in,
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEay...feature=relmfu
                sigpic

Comment

So they wanted proof and I gave it to them. One wonders if they have watched the interview?
                  sigpic

Comment

Regarding the guy at the beginning (of episode 2x01), anybody notice the sign on the wall behind him in his flat? "Cleaners & Hatters". Maybe he's not Bae but the creator of the hat? or perhaps, they are one and the same person?
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 15 October 2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      I'm seriously thinking that the stranger was Bae, Rumple's son. Bae had gotten magic to send he and Rumple to "a world without magic" but Rumple didn't want to go because he'd be helpless again. But Bae got sucked down into the magic. So Bae could have been set down anywhere, and possibly anywhen, in time. I'm thinking he was sent into our world, since we know there is no magic here. So when Rumple arrived in Storybrooke, I'm sure he started trying to find Bae, but I don't think Bae could enter Storybrooke, since Henry has said Storybrooke doesn't have visitors (which we also know because they don't even have a bus that goes to/from the bus stop).

I think the reason Emma and August can enter Storybrooke is because of how they got to our world. They came through a magic tree and Emma's destiny was to break the curse and August essentially had to get her to believe. But aside from that, August didn't come until after Emma did. And August isn't technically human, so that might also be part of it. I think Henry was able to enter Storybrooke because he wasn't born in FTL. He was of our world, so he wasn't restricted by the curse. I also think that is why he wasn't effected by the curse.
                      August returned, because time started flowing again. His Magical side was frozen in time just like the rest of Storybrooke until Emma arrived. So Bae would be a exception to the rules since he got a entirely differnt way of getting to our World. He is from FTL and therefore is able to enter Storybrooke, but due to the time he arrived he had no idea what happened and doesnt even know it exists or what the Deal is. So the message the Pigeon brought to him is more mysterious to him then to us.

I still wonder if Rumple was able to leave before or not. He got Henry to Storybrooke and that probably did not happen all by Phone. I guess the Curse hit him harder then anyone else. At first he was able to roam free through our World, but due to the fact that there are to many People it was impossible to find Bae without Magic. So he released it in order to be powerful enough to find him, but that effectifly started the real curse. So now he is trapped like anyone else and Magic at last takes its price.

Its open if the Barrier will erase FTL Memories even if it is crossed from the other side, but it probably will. Though neither Rumple nor his Son ever had fake Memories, so their Fake selfes cannot become their real ones. Its at least obvious that the curse is still in affect and it moved on from keeping People in their endless Dream. Question is what is its point now. I guess we will have to see where the Writers will take this. At the moment all possibilities are open.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

i wish regina had been in the ep more.

but, another good ep!!

i hope snow and emma aren't in fantasy land too long... i don't like everyone being split up.

i also *really* hope that cora is able to come to our world, and have a juicy confrontation with her daughter regina! more than anything else, just so ppl can see *why* regina turned out the way she did.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i wish regina had been in the ep more.

but, another good ep!!

i hope snow and emma aren't in fantasy land too long... i don't like everyone being split up.
                          I have a feeling it will continue like this for awhile. Emma needs to feel what it's life to be in FTL.

I feel and fear it will take the majority of the season for her to return.

Comment

I have a feeling it will continue like this for awhile. Emma needs to feel what it's life to be in FTL.

I feel and fear it will take the majority of the season for her to return.
                            Are they going to split it into 2 halfes again or will this be a entire Season without breaks? Depending on that it could go either way.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              Are they going to split it into 2 halfes again or will this be a entire Season without breaks? Depending on that it could go either way.
                              Primetime television doesn't work that way. Probably new episodes until Christmas and then reruns until the Febrauary sweeps and then reruns until May
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Primetime television doesn't work that way. Probably new episodes until Christmas and then reruns until the Febrauary sweeps and then reruns until May
                                I could never really tell. In Austria I believe they always showed a Season from Start to finish without breaks. Though thats probably because the Original Episodes are far ahead because of the time it takes to Dub them to German first. Now in Guatemala I lost all sense for Seasons. Its freaking Summer all year long.

So if they are going to split it up, then we can be quite certain, that they need a Cliffhanger for the first half. Only thing that presents itself at the moment is one of the three getting to Storybrooke while the other 2 are still stuck in FTL. Though it could be any of the three that makes it. Cora got the best chance since she got magic. Emma doesnt even know yet that she has it. Convincing her of it will be even more difficult then make her Believe in Fairytale Characters.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X