No announcement yet.

How Good Is Serenity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly was absolutely wonderful (I've watched the entire series 2-3 times now, and "Jaynestown" at least 7 times. ). Serenity is a very good movie to watch, especially if you are missing the series. It's also definitely good if you have not watched any of Firefly, as it gives a reasonable amount of backstory. The characters are all still wonderful and funny. I would say it's definitely something I'd recommend.
    sigpic

Comment

Definitely worth watching.
      Same good humour, great story and gives you a bit of closure if it grew on you!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        I second this. I love SG--all of it, but I also loved FF in its own right. I was very sad that I came so late to this wonderful show and nearly cried when the last episode ended. My only consolation was the movie, which answered a lot of questions and was very good and very frustrating (in parts) at the same time. I would be over the moon if this show ever came back, even as an internet only show.
        I came to FF as it aired, but that's a rarity for me. Plenty of great shows have aired before I saw or in some cases even knew about them. I have emotional connections to both SG and FF. The movie had frustrating moments in part because Joss was trying to introduce new viewers to it and tell the best possible story in roughly 2 hours because that may be its final curtain call.

Excepting the occasional comic/graphic novel (why no ongoing series like Buffy? Sales insufficient?) it has been.

I've been watching a couple animated scifi series and I'd love to see Firefly to return that way.

Comment

Originally posted by nickblack2010 View Post
          I watched the whole Firefly series and it kinda grew on me but it still didn't even compare to Stargate in my opinion. Stargate is hard to beat.....anyways, is Serenity worth watching?

Absolutely.

There are some great actors/characters, some very good, stand alone episodes, the start of what could have been an amazing series story arc, and the writing/dialogue was smart, funny and just plain good.

There are some not so good points about the series, but I see the positives by far outweigh the negatives. It's unfortunate that the show got messed up some by the network, something which "Firefly" experienced at the beginning of it's run as opposed to Babylon-5 which got messed up in the last season.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
          X