How Good Is Serenity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Good Is Serenity?

I watched the whole Firefly series and it kinda grew on me but it still didn't even compare to Stargate in my opinion. Stargate is hard to beat.....anyways, is Serenity worth watching?
    sigpic

I would vote yes, even though I'm not a huge FF fan either. (and yes I have seen both the series and the movie) FF just didn't hit "the right buttons" for me, but MANY of my RL friends love it to bits. If you enjoyed FF, I would urge you to watch Serenity as well, it answers alot of questions.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Alright, yeah I'm the same way. A lot of my friend love Firefly so they told me how great they thought it was and so I watched it. And it just didn't hit the spot. It was decent but I was like ya'll need to watch Stargate and then you'll know what's good ha ha
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickblack2010 View Post
        Alright, yeah I'm the same way. A lot of my friend love Firefly so they told me how great they thought it was and so I watched it. And it just didn't hit the spot. It was decent but I was like ya'll need to watch Stargate and then you'll know what's good ha ha
        I guess it depends on what you are after. I love my Gate for some "Action/adventure escapisim", but there are far better stories out there such as B5 or DS9. Just depends on what "tickles your fancy"
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Firefly took a couple of viewings before I latched on to it.

Serenity is well worth seeing, as it answers a few questions that I had and kind of puts the full stop to the end of the series.

Think of it as a feature length finale episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes it is worth watching
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I loved FF and the movie. I also have been reading the graphic novels (not comics that my wife calls them ), they are also worth looking into if you enjoyed the sereis/movie.
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

I'll be honest, I loved Firefly with a passion but Serenity fell flat with me. Not sure why but I just didn't enjoy it much.
                sigpic

Comment

Serenity does help bring closure to the FF show, I myself found it somewhat entertaining. I would recommend watching the series first, the first three episodes set the stage for the rest of the series, the movie brings it home. Still a Stargate fan first and foremost though.
                  An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

I watched the whole Firefly series and it kinda grew on me but it still didn't even compare to Stargate in my opinion. Stargate is hard to beat.....anyways, is Serenity worth watching?
                    Why does it have to compare to Stargate? Can't it simply be entertaining in it's own right? As for the movie... if you watched all fourteen episodes of the series, why not see the movie? It's the big-screen ending to the series, might as well. I would definitely recommend it. It's a very good science-fiction film in it's own right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      Why does it have to compare to Stargate? Can't it simply be entertaining in it's own right? As for the movie... if you watched all fourteen episodes of the series, why not see the movie? It's the big-screen ending to the series, might as well. I would definitely recommend it. It's a very good science-fiction film in it's own right.
                      I second this. I love SG--all of it, but I also loved FF in its own right. I was very sad that I came so late to this wonderful show and nearly cried when the last episode ended. My only consolation was the movie, which answered a lot of questions and was very good and very frustrating (in parts) at the same time. I would be over the moon if this show ever came back, even as an internet only show.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Very very good.

I actually saw Serenity before I saw any of Firefly.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

It is not quite as good as the TV show, but it is still quite good (aside from a particular scene involving Wash... ). If you enjoyed Firefly at all, you should definitely watch Serenity.

Comment

Then Serenity is certainly worth watching!
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Watch it, it was the film that got me to check out firefly :-)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X