Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Season 3 Chapter 1

Hi all,

I spent the past couple of weeks writing a possible continuation of Stargate Universe. I just wondered what you guys thought. Thanks

Stargate Universe Season 3 Chapter 1 - Reoccupation
    4 Years 247 Days after the events of Gauntlet
    A star filled the vast emptiness with light that bounced off the barren planets orbiting its celestial relation excruciating slowly. Nothing happened here, nothing had and for millions of years changed but instead remained in a constant state of unchange. Without warning a ship burst through a cloud of blue gracing the system with change. The ship had deliberately altered its course so that it faced the star head on, ready to resupply on the energy it had so dearly missed whilst forcing its way through the void and into the edge of the galaxy it had been programmed to reach.
    Before being set to release the crew from their icy slumber, Destiny had to refuel. Plunging into the star, piercing white light filled empty rooms, the surface of the sun slipped over the shields causing them to flicker and disperse the magma elsewhere. Moving slowly under the surface and recharging on the light, once completed Destiny began to tilt upwards again and exit the star.
    Lights began to blink and flicker to life after years of being unused, whilst console lit and filled rooms with pure blue light. Slowly the ship came back to life vanquishing the darkness that had dominated for so long.
    Stasis pods drained the stasis fields followed by all the doors sliding upwards simultaneously releasing their now almost conscious users. Colonel Young was the first to regain his composure followed by Greer and Tamara. Rush and Camille were next. “Hell of a headache” Young commented, Rush and Eli had never told him of the side effects of such technology. Then he remembered…. ELI! He and Rush exchanged looks figuring it out at the same time, both rushing to find the man who saved had both of their lives.
    4 Years 247 Days ago
    “Damn it” roared Eli in anger. His second attempt at fixing the pod had failed and a week of his time had already passed. He had finally decided that he would not be able to fix the pod alone. He could not contact Earth for help as the stones were in a part of the ship sealed off to conserve power and taking people out of stasis to help would only result in wasting precious power that he needed to stay alive.
    Present
    Rush had reached the control interface room only to find himself alone and had not found Eli standing there with a huge grin on his face as he had hoped would have happened. He took himself back to the first time he met Eli; an under achiever who had answered the door who had turned into a man that Rush knew for sure was essential to the mission.
    Young had checked the observation deck and gate room but had not found Eli. Young too remembered the first time he had met Eli. He had met Eli on a cliff face outside of Icarus base. He had really underestimated the boy who had stood in front of him but over the course of everything that had happened had developed a great respect for him. He had also come to see Eli as a son, just like he had with Scott and Chloe too.
    After being unable to locate Eli, Rush and Young had to put the entire crew before continuing the search for Eli. They returned to the stasis halls and briefed the crew on what had happened just after they had entered stasis and also what they had been able to find out since exiting stasis.
    Young was first to speak with the congregated crew. “From what Dr Rush here tells me, we have reached the next galaxy and have found no signs of the drones” stated Young in a loudish tone. The crew let out applause but it died down almost instantaneously as Young raised a hand. “We have however not been able to find Eli who had two weeks to fix a pod before having to….” The colonel could not continue and the atmosphere was spookily silent. Rush decided to continue, “We should form teams of roughly three and search the areas of the ship that we have access to” ordered Rush before the crew divided themselves into teams and spread out through the exits and into the general ship all trying to find the man who had saved their lives countless times.
    4 Years 240 Days ago
    Eli sat behind a console, with only two days until he had to kill himself, Eli sat thinking about how much he had seen and how lucky even under the circumstances that he found himself in. Eli had only yesterday come up with the idea to download his consciousness into the Destiny computer using the chair. He hated the idea of giving up his senses, he would not be able to see his mum again and he remembered also how upset it made Ginn. He had finally resigned himself to the idea but continued staring at the console screen hoping for something to happen until the very last moment he had.
    Suddenly he felt disorientated and a red message zoomed onto the screen after taken a couple of seconds to read it through, translate it and finally understand it he realised what it meant. The ship was out of FTL and the gate was active!. Eli ran as fast as he could and reached the gate room the moment the gate shut down, no one had come though except a small scribbled note he found lying on the floor.
    Present
    “Colonel” asked Rush, walking into the colonels private quarters without asking. “What is it Rush?” queried the colonel before getting up to re-join the search. “Remember the simulation the ship put you though and I told you the ship knew we was here, was learning about us?” “yes Rush I remember that situation very clearly” Young also recalled the time TJ was going through emotional turmoil and the ship tried to reconcile her with a fictional scenario that she should have never been able to check. “Well it just presented us with a way to save Eli” stated Rush in a tone that almost sounded excited.
    4 years 240 Days ago
    Eli read the note three times over and realising whom must have sent it, he did as it instructed. He put on the ancient suit and made his way through the sections of the ship without life support and after 40 minutes of walking found another Stasis hall exactly where the note had said it would be. Eli pressed the door control which opened the door with a not so encouraging squeak. He activated the stasis pod closest; shutting down life support in all sections and getting around the power usage override took him about an hour but eventually he managed to make sure there was enough power left from his two week reserve to activate the pod and keep it running for a couple of years, which it appeared it could if it wasn’t being used to power various systems for a couple of days.
    Present
    “I realised something was wrong when I saw the autopilot system was still active but there was no countdown. I immediately checked for a pulsar or starts that shouldn’t be here but there was nothing that’s when I saw the notification with a way to save Eli on the console next to me” said Rush. “And you think it’s the ships idea” asked Young. “Yes colonel I do, at the moment Destiny has four gates in range one that will intersect a solar flare capable of going back 4 years into the few days Eli had left, normally the wormhole automatically tries to loop back on itself provided there’s enough energy” said Rush, “I though you needed a hell of a lot of power to dial another galaxy?” enquired Young “Well hopefully the flare will give the wormhole enough energy to reach back to the other galaxy so that the wormhole can loop back on itself.” stated Rush. “Don’t you think this is a bit of a coincidence Destiny just being in this area with a solar flare capable of bringing Eli back?” “Well I don’t think Destiny just dropped out in this area just to recharge I believe it chose this area after its long range sensors detected this flare brewing” replied Rush. “and then what?” questioned Young, “well colonel, Destiny also gave directions to another stasis hall further down the ship but Eli will need a space suit to get there, and we need to make sure we do it at the exact time Destiny has predicted if we miss it even by a couple of milliseconds we may overshoot and Eli will already be gone or not close enough and Eli will not have enough power” replied Rush. “Ok then, do it” ordered Young.
    Rush tapped the screen to being dialling the address to the planet given by Destiny. The gate lit the room with a white light and the gate stated locking in each co-ordinate and complex equations that calculated the exact area where a Stargate should be. They waited until the gate came to a sudden halt and the seventh coordinate locked and the gate activated sending a rush of energy out from the puddle before it retreated and ripped the pond created. Rush waited until the exact time and threw through the note before the gate shut down again. The countdown clock activated showing 52 minutes before Destiny was set to jump and a familiar face entered the gate room clad in some very strange clothing indeed, “that space suit really suits you” called out the colonel with a smile on his face.
    It took about the entire countdown time to explain to Eli what had happened. The countdown expired and the ship once again jumped into FTL leaving the system it had designated #8856472 and started pushing though the universe continuing a function set in motion millions of years ago.

Genius. I myself have tried fan fiction(I've written an SGU movie to end the series). I vote for everyone to read this and give this guy reputation.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know if what I was writing was any good. Thanks for you good review.

Comment

You're welcome. Brilliant stuff here, write more.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I like it! Couple picture it all in my head!
          www.stitchsloft.com
          For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
          "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
          www.scifihero.net

Comment

More please, soon please!
            With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Good start and an elegant solution...Destiny...

Comment

Brian Krause as villain.
                On the other hand, have James Earl Jones as the villain, YEAH.

Comment

The second chapter is on it's way, it's called "Repairs".

Comment

Originally posted by Thor2008 View Post
                    The second chapter is on it's way, it's called "Repairs".
                    Ohboyohboyohboy

Comment

Only a couple of days now!

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas for episodes? I have mapped out the main episodes that are vital to the underlying series plot but need ideas for individual stories. Any one have any good ideas?

Comment

you should send it to them and see if they'll consider using it

Comment

To be honest I don't think any thing is going to happen with Stargate for some time but thanks.

Comment

Hi,

The second chapter can be found here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...%80%93-Repairs

Please comment on what will make it better

Comment

Working...
                              X