Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11 (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11 (501)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    TRANSILIENCE THOUGHT UNIFIER MODEL-11
    EPISODE NUMBER - 501
    In the year 2036 the team searches for Olivia, who has been frozen in amber -- only to lose Walter in the process. When he faces interrogation at the hands of the Observer leader, the only hope for the future could be lost forever.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 May 2015, 10:46 PM.

I enjoyed moments of the episode, but for a season premiere, and one of only 13 episodes this season, it didn't wow me. And I'm concerned that fast forwarding the series 20+ years into the future means spending too much time introducing new people and explaining what happened during those 20+ years, rather than wrapping up the stuff that's already been put in place the last four seasons (and they'll also have to wrap up the new stuff they introduce this season).

I did like the ending, though, even though it didn't really fit with the rest of the episode (and I can't quite figure out how the CD player in that abandoned car still had power).

Comment

Overall I thought it was a good episode but yeh it didn't really shock or amaze but I suppose its not supposed to, was a bit disorientating and the pace of it all was quite fast I felt but I suppose thats how you're supposed to feel, given they have just woken up from 20 years of amber

I'm guessing that a lot of the season will deal with what happened that led them to getting ambered (e.g. Peter not giving up searching for etta) and dealing with being in baldland future

Comment

I really enjoyed this season opener. Thrown into an awful future created by the Observers, wonderfully realized straight away I thought. I was as confused as the team were, but I guess that's the idea. Being Fringe I'm sure everything that happens in this future will be linked to what has happened in the past, time is constantly being manipulated by the Observers but the anomalies keep cropping up, and since it's linked to the Fringe division members they will give the Observers the run around and put a spanner in their ordered plans.

I love the idea of hope, the hope that remains in Walter's mind. Music is the key and has been a theme throughout the series where Walter is concerned, it's how Walter's mind works to think and recall stuff. It was a great ending to the episode where he sits in that car and Yazoo's 'Only You' turns up on the random CD he puts into a player that looked like someone set up as a shrine to things that have been lost. At that moment we know he still has the knowledge, the Observer didn't really take it. Walter's mind works in a random way to start with so I guess even the Observer's methods of getting at the information didn't work as it would for any other person.

I just had to put my 1980's compilation CD of synthesizer tunes on and listen to that Yazoo track after watching this episode.

Comment

I enjoyed the season opener myself. I thought it was good to see what was happening in the future. I hope they find a way to get back what Walter lost. I must say, that I missed some of the quirky Walter.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I missed some of the quirky Walter.
            He did have a funny scene when he took a bite of the egg stick, then spit it out disgustedly. "What a miserable future." Indeed, considering how much he loves food.

Comment

I watched it again today and sort of got into it a lot more so to speak, maybe one of those episodes that you just have to rewatch before you fully appreciate it

I liked how Walter had his hope placed in music and memories of etta, his mind works in unexpected ways, the Observer couldn't take that from him at least

I also liked that Peter is a lot more like Walter than I had thought at least, he went to great lengths to keep searching for Etta when he lost her because he couldn't live with it even when the Observers were invading; I thought it was a bit harsh of Walter to be snide at him given the lengths he went to to try and save Peter (hopefully this comes up later). It made a lot of sense that Olivia concentrated on her work though and just tried to concentrate on something else than the grief.

They dropped in the part about finding Bell in the amber though; I'm wondering if that will somehow relate to Walter rediscovering his plan to get rid of the Observers...

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                He did have a funny scene when he took a bite of the egg stick, then spit it out disgustedly. "What a miserable future." Indeed, considering how much he loves food.
                True...but it seems like we didn't get full-on Walter in this episode.

I can't wait to see how we start tying things together from now to the future.
                sigpic

Comment

We know Bell will be able to help, as he was able to trap September after watching an episode of Supernatural. I hope Nimoy makes another active appearance.

Comment

Personally, I really enjoyed this final season premiere. It gives me a lot of hope for what is to come in these final 12 episodes. That ending with Walter in the car was a great scene.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Personally, I really enjoyed this final season premiere. It gives me a lot of hope for what is to come in these final 12 episodes. That ending with Walter in the car was a great scene.
                      I did like it as well. They chose etta really well as an actress !
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the episode, but I just really wish original Walter and Astrid were with the team. The fact that Peter is happy just with Olivia and doesn't care that he lost the father that raised him and loved him....I just will not get over that.

I really hope the series ends back to the original world and timeline. Wipe the slate clean

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          I liked the episode, but I just really wish original Walter and Astrid were with the team. The fact that Peter is happy just with Olivia and doesn't care that he lost the father that raised him and loved him....I just will not get over that.

I really hope the series ends back to the original world and timeline. Wipe the slate clean
                          I just don't see that happening.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                            I did like it as well. They chose etta really well as an actress !
                            I couldn't agree more.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

The observers tried their best to get the original Timeline back and just messed things up more. I guess when it comes to different Dimensions and Time Travel, that once something is changed there is no complete going back to it.

Besides for Peter it is probably not as easy. He had to do with more versions of his Dad then anyone could handle. At some point he is probably just happy with having a close as possible version of him. Not to forgett that our Walter is not even his Dad, but more his Kidnapper.

I liked the Episode, though it left me half the time wondering wtf happened. The writers left us more clueless then the characters of the series. I was hoping that this was not permanent, but just a second part to the Episode in the last Season, but it is really going to continue like this. I am not sure if I like it. I mean it feels like another restart, though Fringe does that every Season.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                              X