This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<W>>
    is for WHEN are they gonna give us a big honking kiss and WHY is it taking so long???

For Sam and Jack, forever started already! SHOW US!

Just sighin', just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

A modified announcement originally posted by sg-1fanintn yesterday.
      sigpic

Comment

Love all these pics!!! I'm new to shipper-world, but I LOVE Sam and Jack and tried to expand my creativity and made a Sam/Jack video. It's my first one...depending on the feedback (and school) I'll figure out if I want to make another one. Feedback appreciated!

Title: "Falling Down" by Avril Lavigne
        Pairing: Sam and Jack (You do see Kerry and Pete, but only for a little bit.)
        Summary: A collection (at least, the best I could muster) of Sam and Jack
        Spoilers: Well, pretty much Threads, Moebius 2, Window of Opportunity, Into the Fire, Lost City, Grace, Small Victories

Thank you, everyone!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
        My Stargate Videos
        It's meant to be!

Comment

The Ship, Ship, Hooray Special Ops Team* would like to take you in a journey of 8 wonderfull years of Sam and Jack... Now that they are together they have invited us to join them in their first Thanksgiving but before we get to that day, they also wanted to share with us some of the past moments so they have given us (SSHSOT) access to their own personal album, memories and thoughts... Now Thanksgiving is a time to share with love ones, family, friends, in the good and in the bad times and always around a dinner table.... with food, lots and lots of food...here we go....
          *florence, LOL4JACK, Lys, nell, sg-1fanintn

Sam: Shippers, I remember this day, it was our first mission together with the Abydonians, I was thinking OMG, I can't believe I have to spend my time with this wonderfull man....

Sam: Squeeee... and he's funny too.... I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with him

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
            Love all these pics!!! I'm new to shipper-world, but I LOVE Sam and Jack and tried to expand my creativity and made a Sam/Jack video. It's my first one...depending on the feedback (and school) I'll figure out if I want to make another one. Feedback appreciated!

Title: "Falling Down" by Avril Lavigne
            Pairing: Sam and Jack (You do see Kerry and Pete, but only for a little bit.)
            Summary: A collection (at least, the best I could muster) of Sam and Jack
            Spoilers: Well, pretty much Threads, Moebius 2, Window of Opportunity, Into the Fire, Lost City, Grace, Small Victories

Thank you, everyone!
            LtColonelSamC,
            WELCOME to the Sam and Jack Family Discussion Thread!!

Please visit us often!! Loved the video!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              LtColonelSamC,

WELCOME one and all to shipper haven
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                Your video is really good! I registered just so I could rate you! I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  LtColonelSamC,

Indeed ((((Welcome))) Loved your video LtColonelSamC or is it SamO

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                    WELCOME one and all to shipper haven
                    Lexa Jayde, CONGRATS ON 500 POSTS!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...noftheGods.jpg
                      Sam: Shippers, I remember this day, it was our first mission together with the Abydonians, I was thinking OMG, I can't believe I have to spend my time with this wonderfull man....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...oftheGods2.jpg
                      Sam: Squeeee... and he's funny too.... I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with him
                      (((LOL4JACK))) You just put a big smile on my face!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        You know a lot of shippers hate the episode Affinity which is on tonight in syndication...and I do to mind you but not for shippy reasons. Just read my review of it under the Affinity episode thread for my full opinion.

There is however a very shippy scene in this episode...but it had a line I never could understand because I couldn't figure out what either Sam or Jack meant:

It is the Ring Scene....

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *she trails off*
                        Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here.

This back and forth never made sense to me...before tonight. If what things had been different? Her not dating Pete? If they had gotten together? And what did Jack mean by "I wouldn't be here?"

Then I realized what they were saying to each other and would like to share it with you here.

Let's put it into context. These are two people who've cared about each other for years but have ALWAYS put duty first. They knew they could not serve together and have a relationship while in the same direct chain of command...and therefore they would not be able to do what they needed to do to get rid of the Goa'uld and Replicator threats. Duty before personal interests.

With this thought in mind, let's re-examine what they were saying to each other...which now seems really obvious to me (my thoughts are in blue):

Sam (thinks for a moment, then looks into Jack’s eyes.): What about you? If things had been different ... *and the major threats against this galaxy had been taken care of so that we were free to move on from the SGC and explore a relationship with each other*
                        Jack (looks at her for a moment before speaking): I wouldn’t be here. *because I'd leave the SGC so I wouldn't be your CO as I want to be able to explore a relationship with you too*

Enter Season 9. Goa'uld...gone. Replicators...gone. Pete...gone. Jack is no longer at the SGC and is no longer Sam's CO.

So my interpretation is...Sam's "if things had been different" actually scenario plays out and Jack follows through on his end..."I wouldn't be here."

So what do you think?
                        I've been confused by this scene too. I've always thought Sam was asking, "What if we hadn't had to fight the Goa'uld and could have explored our feelings for each other?"

But I thought Jack was trying to push her away by responding, "I wouldn't be here," meaning that he never would have gone through the Stargate in the first place because Charlie would be alive and he wouldn't have taken part in what was expected to be a suicide mission. And, because he wouldn't have gone through the gate, he would never have met Sam and wouldn't have fallen in love with her.

I also thought that Jack's remark was meant to be hurtful to Sam, because she had hurt him by starting a relationship with Pete (thus violating their unexplored vow of love to each other). And Sam seemed to wince after he said it. It was just a very, very sad moment for me. But I didn't think Jack really meant it. I thought he was just lashing out.

Über, I like your interpretation much better! Maybe you're right. Maybe that's part of the reason we finally got to Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I've been confused by this scene too. I've always thought Sam was asking, "What if we hadn't had to fight the Goa'uld and could have explored our feelings for each other?"

But I thought Jack was trying to push her away by responding, "I wouldn't be here," meaning that he never would have gone through the Stargate in the first place because Charlie would be alive and he wouldn't have taken part in what was expected to be a suicide mission. And, because he wouldn't have gone through the gate, he would never have met Sam and wouldn't have fallen in love with her.

I also thought that Jack's remark was meant to be hurtful to Sam, because she had hurt him by starting a relationship with Pete (thus violating their unexplored vow of love to each other). And Sam seemed to wince after he said it. It was just a very, very sad moment for me. But I didn't think Jack really meant it. I thought he was just lashing out.

Über, I like your interpretation much better! Maybe you're right. Maybe that's part of the reason we finally got to Threads.
                          I think your assessement is right, I think he was lashing out and I don't blame him. What did she think he was going to do? Start crying and beg that she stay with him, not Jack we know!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                            I think your assessement is right, I think he was lashing out and I don't blame him. What did she think he was going to do? Start crying and beg that she stay with him, not Jack we know!
                            Nah...I don't think he was lashing out at all.

Earlier in the conversation he was even trying to sound supportive. That would be quite a shift in attitude to go from supportive to lashing out.

Furthermore, how is "I wouldn't be here" lashing out? If his response had been something like "I guess we'll never know NOW...will we, Carter?" THAT would have been lashing out.

I think he was saying that if things had been different and there were no threat that they had to take care of together, he wouldn't be at the SGC because he'd want the opportunity to be with Sam.
                            Last edited by Uber; 12 November 2005, 09:33 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Nah...I don't think he was lashing out at all.

Earlier in the conversation he was even trying to sound supportive. That would be quite a shift in attitude to go from supportive to lashing out.

Furthermore, how is "I wouldn't be here" lashing out? If his response had been something like "I guess we'll never know NOW...will we, Carter?" THAT would have been lashing out.

I think he was saying that if things had been different and there were no threat that they had to take care of together, he wouldn't be at the SGC because he'd want the opportunity to be with Sam.
                              I think the writers were deliberately vague with it so that it could be interpreted both ways. I do think there was a "Charlie" connotation in there. On the other hand, I agree with Über that Jack was also saying he wouldn't be Sam's CO anymore, either. I think "things" in this context had a much broader scope than one or the other alternative. "Things" in this conversation meant - everything. In general. If, and if, and if, and if, and if, and if - ad infinitum - to which Jack replies, in that case: "I wouldn't be here." Meaning also, there's no point in speculating, because "IF" goes on forever.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

This is exactly how I took it. And I still do. What makes me sad is that there really shouldn't be a million ways to interpret a scene like this. It should have been solid. I haven't seen solid since season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X