X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beachhead spoilers this way!
    Spoiler:
    i thought beachhead was ok, but didnt really get into it cos my bro needed me to help him with his homework. personally i don't really have a problem with vala.. i like her as a recurring character, she brings some humour to it, but i couldnt take her as a main character. although, saying that, i do think i'll miss her a bit when she's gone. beau bridges seems a bit boring to me. he has nothing on hammond of texas! nice to see sam again, but could have had a bit more team-y things.. like meeting daniel and teal'c on base.thought the super-stargate was kinda cool though
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

hey kids, thrilled to have sam back tonight. loved the references to jack, loved the goa'uld who to me was like a cross between hedonism bot and the robot devil on futurama.
      i chose to read parts of tonight as shippy. the whole phone call thing.

and on a side note i loved teal'cs interaction with vala, but i thought sam was a bit underused, but i'll probably talk about that more on the sam appreciation thread.

Comment

ok, double posting. my directing teacher today was talking to us about directing actors, and casting and all that, and she referenced friends. some of you who watched it might remember joey's theory on actors chemistry, i.e. if actors have chemistry on screen/stage then there is nothing happening behind the scenes, if they have no chemistry when acting they have chemistry behind the scenes. she was saying that this can be true, in that if actors are more comfortable with one another then they cannot portray tension (sexual or otherwise) properly. now i think she was probably talking about less professional actors, but i had to disagree to a certain extent (although not out loud, cos i so don't speak up in class)

i know that there was never any hanky panky, shall we say, behind the scenes with AT and RDA, but i always got the impression that they were really close in a platonic way, and i don't think i need to point out the tension they could portray on screen.
        what i'm saying is, i think they had chemistry both on and off screen. i was just wondering what every one else thought of this theory?

Comment

I think you are probably right there has to be a certain amount of chemistry there, from the behind the scenes stuff that I have seen they seem to get along very well and both appear to have a great sense of humour and have the same mischevious tendancies.

Comment

ROFL, Stargate Barbie, he was like hedonism bot & the robot devil!!
            Spoiler:
            I thought the phone call thing was a bit shippy, but just because of the implication that Sam was with Jack. Here's what I didn't like about it - if Landry was looking for Jack's authorisation to get Sam to the SGC, then does that mean that she's still under his command? But it was a good scene, and it's nice to have Jack there even when he's not really there...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
              No kidding, almost 5 hours since a post!!!
              Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Shelsfc, I agree, 5 hours without a post!!!!!!!!!! where are the shippers!!!!!!
              Well, I had to take off from work to take my mother to the doctor today. So, I've been at one of our local hospitals. Nothing too serious.....just some sort of virus, but she had a fever and was too dizzy to drive.

I wanted to check in early because at this moment, there are two big squall lines headed right at me, and the weather may keep me from being online tonight. So, I just wanted to remind everyone of our upcoming party.....and to ask:

Read any good fanfic lately? Post a link, and I'll be glad to compile everyone's recommendations into a list for the party.

Here's your engraved invitation to Sunday's festivities:

Comment

Spoiler:
                I thought the phone call thing was a bit shippy, but just because of the implication that Sam was with Jack. Here's what I didn't like about it - if Landry was looking for Jack's authorisation to get Sam to the SGC, then does that mean that she's still under his command? But it was a good scene, and it's nice to have Jack there even when he's not really there...
                ah, well here's my take on it. if its not on screen its not illegal!

but really, i think there are many way's you can look at it.

they don't serve on the same base, so its ok.
                or
                he's not her direct CO, so it's ok.
                or
                they just said, screw it! i think we've done enough for the world to deserve this.
                or
                they have presidential permission to go for it.
                or
                they're secretely married. apparently its ok for married folk to serve together.
                or
                well... you get the idea.

i'm not worried. because
                Spoiler:

they are so doin' it!
                they are definitely together, if threads & moebius didn't prove that then "not exactly" does, as far as i'm concerned. and i appreciate that they want to allow individual interpretation and i'm fine with it, because i know they are together. remember, a lot of people denied ship even after divide and conquer. thats what "open to interpretation" is.
                and now i'm rambling and this isn't even spoilers anymore, so i'll shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  ok, double posting. my directing teacher today was talking to us about directing actors, and casting and all that, and she referenced friends. some of you who watched it might remember joey's theory on actors chemistry, i.e. if actors have chemistry on screen/stage then there is nothing happening behind the scenes, if they have no chemistry when acting they have chemistry behind the scenes. she was saying that this can be true, in that if actors are more comfortable with one another then they cannot portray tension (sexual or otherwise) properly. now i think she was probably talking about less professional actors, but i had to disagree to a certain extent (although not out loud, cos i so don't speak up in class)

i know that there was never any hanky panky, shall we say, behind the scenes with AT and RDA, but i always got the impression that they were really close in a platonic way, and i don't think i need to point out the tension they could portray on screen.
                  what i'm saying is, i think they had chemistry both on and off screen. i was just wondering what every one else thought of this theory?
                  I don't know much about acting theory, but as to AT and RDA: Oh, yeah! I think they had instant chemistry, which is probably a big part of the reason she got the job. Besides that, there's the way they've talked about each other in interviews (Anyone can be positive about changes, plots, etc., but it's hard to fake real affection), and some of the things said in the director commentaries.

Once, PDL said (paraphrasing here), "Did you ever notice that when Rick comes into a room, Amanda stops talking to you?"

and, another time.....he said that it was a shame Amanda was already married, because she and Rick were so great around each other.

Like RDA will ever make a commitment to anyone (MajorSal, cover your eyes, if you're reading this!).....

Comment

"Like RDA will ever make a commitment to anyone "

oh, i'm pretty sure i could win him over.

i know that first PDL comment you listed was a joke he made, but it was one of those, sort of joking jokes.

and i don't recall that second one, which ep was that on?

Comment

Spoiler:
                      They've told us Jack and
                      Spoiler:
                      Landry are old friends. I took it as he felt he needed to call Jack, Sam's boyfriend, to explain why he needed Sam so badly, and Jack (who had already discussed it with Sam) was giving him a hard time about it just for fun. When I saw Sam appear in Landry's office with that big grin on her face, I imagined her out in the hall on one of those red phones, just before she entered:

SAM: Ok, Jack, I'm right outside General Landry's office. Walter says he'll let me in as soon as we're ready.
                      l
                      JACK: Right! As soon as we hang up, I'll return his call. When you hear his voice start to rise, sneak in.....just like we planned before you left DC this morning!"
                      l
                      SAM: Right! Love you!
                      l
                      JACK: Right back atcha!

Then we see this…..

Squee!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        They've told us Jack and
                        Spoiler:
                        Landry are old friends. I took it as he felt he needed to call Jack, Sam's boyfriend, to explain why he needed Sam so badly, and Jack (who had already discussed it with Sam) was giving him a hard time about it just for fun. When I saw Sam appear in Landry's office with that big grin on her face, I imagined her out in the hall on one of those red phones, just before she entered:

SAM: Ok, Jack, I'm right outside General Landry's office. Walter says he'll let me in as soon as we're ready.
                        l
                        JACK: Right! As soon as we hang up, I'll return his call. When you hear his voice start to rise, sneak in.....just like we planned before you left DC this morning!"
                        l
                        SAM: Right! Love you!
                        l
                        JACK: Right back atcha!

Then we see this…..

Squee!
                        Why won't it let me green you!?! Wwwwhhhhyyyyy!?!?!?!??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          "Like RDA will ever make a commitment to anyone "

oh, i'm pretty sure i could win him over.

i know that first PDL comment you listed was a joke he made, but it was one of those, sort of joking jokes.

and i don't recall that second one, which ep was that on?
                          I don't remember. I bet LOL4JACK knows! She knows all about the commentaries!

Ok, here comes the thunder. I'm shutting down the computer for awhile.

Comment

The Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team*Presents

An Activity to Create a Memento
                            Of Sam and Jack
                            Or
                            The SG-1 Team
                            Or
                            Any of your favorite Stargate characters

A BOOKMARK!!!

For your own personal use
                            Or
                            To share in Another Activity

Borrowing a Stargate SG-1 book
                            By Sally Malcolm
                            And trading bookmarks among the borrowers!!!

Some possible materials for creating the bookmark.

One of the two books available to borrow.
                            A Matter of Honor is Part 1 and The Cost of Honor is Part 2 (not shown).

Please remember that because we have all ages viewing and participating on
                            the Sam and Jack Family Discussion Thread,
                            the bookmarks should be rated G for All Ages.

All are welcome to post a picture of your bookmark on the Thread next Sunday for the Ship Event Celebrating The O'Neill's First Thanksgiving.

More info to follow.
                            *florence, LOL4JACK, Lys, nell, sg-1fanintn
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              I don't remember. I bet LOL4JACK knows! She knows all about the commentaries!

Ok, here comes the thunder. I'm shutting down the computer for awhile.
                              LOL4JACK runs to get DVD's and see them again

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                                LOL4JACK runs to get DVD's and see them again
                                Go Girl!!!! You cannot watch Stargate DVDs nor read Stargate fanfics too much!!! **clicks back on fanfics**

P.S. Note to Shippers: Is anybody else working on the bookmarks? I'm almost finished with mine! Hint: Whoever gets this will Squee!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X