Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

destiny going one way, maybe others in other directions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

destiny going one way, maybe others in other directions?

The ancients launched destiny to discover the message. That ship went one way, but because of the enourmous size and scope of the universe, plus their understanding of the universe, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to have launched more than just the one?
    An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

i do believe there's a fanfic out there somewhere about this exact possibility. it seems like it makes more sense to me to launch multiple ships if only because of the greater chance of success. if thats the case, what would the names of the other ships be? i'd imagine something along the lines of what we do with the shuttles/rovers.. destiny, discovery, curiousity, opportunity.. etc. Quite a bit to think about there

Comment

I do not believe other ships were launched, the Destiny database would've contained information about it. It takes a long time to build a ship like that, especially considering the Ancients weren't as advanced then. Besides, they'd only need another ship if that one failed. Which it hasn't so far. And overall, they got too caught up in ascension to bother.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

My theory was that Destiny was the only one, besides the Seed ships, and was traveling out from the Milky Way in a helical course; doing ever increasing circles around the Milky Way. That being said, the evidence of multiple seed ships could suggest that there are multiple Destiny-class ships out there; but how would they gather all the data together given that they are billions of light years apart...
        SG Vennix
        (Executive Producer/Creator)
        - Coming Soon -
        http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier
        (Executive Producer/Creator)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
          My theory was that Destiny was the only one, besides the Seed ships, and was traveling out from the Milky Way in a helical course; doing ever increasing circles around the Milky Way. That being said, the evidence of multiple seed ships could suggest that there are multiple Destiny-class ships out there; but how would they gather all the data together given that they are billions of light years apart...
          If there had been multiple ships, it would've been mentioned on the database. Besides, the multiple ships meant faster gate-planting.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

based on the information obtained from the ancient database, only one 9 chevron address had been discovered, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't more. Remember that the scope of knowledge of the Alteran's/Lantean's, was as infinite as the universe itself. It's a lot of information to sift through. The Destiny may not have contained information about others if it was the first in the design.

Comment

Perhaps the ancients were working on making a 2nd to send out the otherway, when the Ori virus forced them to change plans..

Comment

the theory is sound, provided the Ori were the ones responsible for the plague the ancients were suffering from on Earth. This is my whole theory,

1. 9 ships were designed to gather information from the seed ships, of which there were many.
                2. Each ship was launched in the hope that they would be able to explore the universe without having to leave their home 'avalon', which we later came to learn was the milky way.
                3. The seed ships were not just depositing gates, but various constructs of life.
                4. When the time was right, 9 separate teams would be sent to each of the 9 ships to further their knowledge and to study the information that was brought back,
                5. The 'hidden message' was nothing more than a signal from the other ships as to their location.

Again this is still just both an unfinished hypothesis and speculation.

Comment

Working...
                X