Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would have the SG-Atlantis expedition ended if it wasn't cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would have the SG-Atlantis expedition ended if it wasn't cancelled?

In this thread I want you to imagine how the show would have run it's course if it was still on. Starting with after they succesfully returned the city from the moon to the Pegasus galaxy.
    Before that I have to say that I haven't read Malozzi's twitter posts about the script so I will just assume they have returned safely and the cast is the same as it were at the end of season 5.

Let me begin:

The expedition's brief leave from the Pegasus galaxy surely would effect the events of the return. Would they return to the same planet or would they go to a new one to avoid the impending Wraith retribution? I would say they would go to a new one with similar ocean and main land.
    They said in one episode (doesn't remember which one, maybe was in the 1st season) that the wraith has 60 or so hive ships at their immediate disposal. I suppose they could build (or grow) more if the need arise, but that would take some time. The Atlantis expedition disposed quite a few (lets' say 20 or so) of them already and they have certainly lost some during the still ongoing infight or civil war, or whatever you want to call it.
    So there are approx. 30 or more ships left and some cruisers. That's a serious cripple for the wraith I would say. So the question is that how would the Atlantis expedition continue the fight? Head on attacks on the remaining wraith fleet fractions one after another or would they continue with the subtle missions to achieving the same goal in an extended timespan?
    I would go with subtle, since they still seriously outnumbered, and despite the Asgard beam weapons taking on hive ships head on is still quite a feat for the crew of any ship. By the way those Asgard beam weapons is somehow always the first to go after they take some damage. It's a mistery really. Maybe it's a plot thing to prevent the Earth ships destoying the entire wraith fleet in a one felt swoop. Because if we dwell in further there wouldn't be much a show if they just go on and on beaming away those hives and cruisers and whatnot.
    So write down your thoughts.
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

I think there are way more than 60 Wraith ships. The Wraith ships are grown pretty rapidly, they probably get a new Hive every weekend.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The 60 hive ships was before they wraith were fully awakened....

Comment

Well, I pretty much wrote that already here and here. To sum up:

* The leadership of the Wraith is defeated in Stargate: Extinction, making the rest of the Wraith "empire" split into smaller protions troughout Pegasus Galaxy and probably a couple of other Galaxies. The movie would take place sometime after the events of Stargate SG-1: Revolution.
        * Elizabeth Wier would return and be re-instated as the leader of the SGA expedition. At the end of the series, she becomes a human again and her replicator side is eliminated.
        * Atlantis is fully explored and all of its secrets are revealed.
        * During season 6, the remaining portions of the Wraith civilization are defeated.
        * Another version: The Wraith are defeated by the beginning of season 5 and the Asurans become the new main villains of the show. Post #65 in this thread. The movie still happens, but with the expedition having to defeat the last remaining Wraith troops. That season 6 deals with dealing with Asurans, and the SGA expedition is aided by SG-1, whcih return home along with the Atlantis expedition once the Asurans have been defeated and the city is safe and the Earth is no longer in danger from anyone.
        * Oh, I would also like to see Sheppard and Wier to hook up.
        * Everyone returns home safely. Even Ford shows up somehow.
        * In the last scene of the last episode, I would make someone mention the Icarus project, which would be a direct lead-in to SGU.

Comment

Why do they go back to Pegasus? I still don't understand that part. I can understand at most giving Ronon and Teyla a free trip home and some resources, maybe maintaining a quiet undercover operation.

It would more likely become "Stargate: Pegasus", kinda like how SG1's last two seasons were supposed to be SGC.

The SGP saga would be very different. Hiding out, keeping track to make sure the Wraith don't find any other routes to the Milky Way, maybe a few sabotage missions but nowhere near as much adventure or exploration.
          With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Why does every fanfic have them go back to the Pegasus galaxy with Atlantis. In my opinion, a sequel would involve one or two Daedalus-class ships being sent there instead. If there's another season, I would've postponed Enemy At The Gate until Season 6 finale.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Why does every fanfic have them go back to the Pegasus galaxy with Atlantis. In my opinion, a sequel would involve one or two Daedalus-class ships being sent there instead. If there's another season, I would've postponed Enemy At The Gate until Season 6 finale.
              Well probably because a lot of people don't like the unfinished nature of the Pegasus Galaxy conflict. If the Wraith had been defeated and the other major hanging threads tied up then perhaps people would have been more willing to think about the 'next step'. But if you think about it Enemy at the Gates; in terms of the overall story it didn't actually mean very much, one hive ship gets to Earth and is destroyed, but there are a heck of a lot more wraith still to be dealt with.

I have to be honest though, I wouldn't have minded seeing them do something other than cause havoc in the Pegasus Galaxy, the Wraith Conflict was stagnating a bit, it was round and round on the merry go round and they didn't seem to be any closer to figuring out a way to get rid of the wraith problem, which isn't that interesting when you see the same plot lines over and over and over (retro virus and Keller's.....whatever that was).

I would like to have seen a bit more about the Ancients and have the 'real' finale be something to do with them and Atlantis itself, closing the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Heck, have Atlantis thrown into another galaxy for whatever reason. There are plenty out there. But with the Wraith still on the loose, it only makes sense for them to go back to Pegasus to finish the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilord View Post
                  Why do they go back to Pegasus? I still don't understand that part.
                  That's why I love the finale. When the show first started, I predicted that the finale would be Atlantis flying back to Earth. I so called it. For me, it was the perfect way to end the show. I also like that the Wraith are still at large. Had the franchise not been cancelled due to MGM's money troubles, it would have allowed for further Pegasus adventures. I wouldn't be opposed to Atlantis returning to Pegasus, but if it did... please... something better than "self destruct, because the city left the galaxy, but it waits weeks or months before activating." If that was going to be the beginning of the sixth season, I'm glad it ended on a high note.

Comment

The Wraith get to earth and turn it into a giant buffet. A Happy Ending.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      The Wraith get to earth and turn it into a giant buffet. A Happy Ending.
                      So, essentially it's: Everybody dies. The End.

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric_Sheep View Post

I like it.
                        Well....it would be definitive at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric_Sheep View Post

I like it.
                          No. NOT EVERYBODY! I am sure they would keep large farms of humans alive to keep the species going.. ....Maybe the lucky ones would be kept like veal.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

An SGA fanfic could have 'em return to Pegasus galaxy and make peace with the Wraith only to go to war with the Genii who now have spaceships.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              No. NOT EVERYBODY! I am sure they would keep large farms of humans alive to keep the species going.. ....Maybe the lucky ones would be kept like veal.
                              Sure sounds like they would be "lucky".

Comment

Working...
                              X