Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you a "week to week" or a "marathon" viewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon = binge-watching

Don't have the time for that anymore, so I'd probably have to say one episode every few months or so. I was doing a rewatch but got stuck at Heroes part I - can't get myself to watch it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm a marathon viewer (since I have the SG-1 DVD Collection )

Comment

For me i hit BOTH. When i initially watched it on Sci-fi i was a week to week guy. BUT once i got my hands on the disks, i was a marathon viewer, sometimes just doing the 4 to 5 eps per Disk per day, sometimes doing 2 disks a day..

Comment

Once season 6 of SG-1 hit SciFi I was week to week! If for some reason I missed it live, I would have it recorded on my TiVo.
          sigpic
          [call me loser.]

Comment

I watched the occasional episode when the shows aired, but I've only seen every episode consecutively on DVD. So I guess both.
            sigpic

Comment

Got into Stargate later. I have a friend who has all 10 seasons on DVD, so I was able to marathon it.
              sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
              ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

I started watching it sporadically in syndication. I was first exposed in, I think 1998. It would air on the weekend along with The Crow: Stairway to Heaven and Mortal Kombat: Conquest. I was instantly drawn to the concept and, it just so happens that we had a copy of the 1994 movie, so I watched that after having its existence mentioned to me in a conversation about how much I enjoyed the show. Funny enough, I was legitimately convinced that they cast the same guy from the movie to play Daniel Jackson for a good while.

Unfortunately, it wasn't long until that station stopped airing syndicated Stargate episodes and no channel in my area ever picked it up for the duration of the time that I lived there. (Sadly, I did not have cable, so I was beholden to 4-5 stations.) I would, though, travel elsewhere a few times a year, and I would look forward to those trips, in no small part, so I could see (and tape) a number of programs that I couldn't ordinarily view, chief among them being Sg-1 and a short-lived UPN show called "Seven Days." So I continued to catch the odd episode from time to time.

Then, in the summer of 2005, I managed to get my hands on every single previous episode of the show. Naturally, I spent the next two weeks marathon watching every episode up until that point, which included the first season of Atlantis. Sg-1's season 9 and Atlantis' season 2 were just starting around then, and I was finally able to watch it as aired, so after I was all caught up I consistently watched them on a weekly basis.

That only stopped with the start of SGU because I knew it would get canceled early, so I waited for that to end before also marathoning it rather than letting myself get too invested.

So, yeah, I've been an occasional, weekly, and marathon viewer at different points in the franchise's history.
                Last edited by Xaeden; 26 August 2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X