X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch: Atlantis Season Four Nominations

Nominations, Please!

It's time to nominate the very best of Stargate Atlantis Season Four!

Please read these notes before you nominate.

This month the new Best SG-1 Crossover category continues! Please nominate the actor and the specific episode. Any SG-1 cast member or recurring guest star is eligible in this category. SG-1's main cast members are not eligible in the Best Guest Star category.

We have some cast changes in Season Four, so we've added a category for Best Carter Moment and dropped Best Weir Moment and Best Beckett Moment -- since those characters appeared in a small number of episodes as guest stars.

As with previous months, the category of "Best Villain" is meant for a single, individual character. So if you want to nominate the Wraith, the Genii, etc., that would fit into "Best Race." Think of individual characters for the category of "Best Individual Villain."

Let me also encourage you to think outside the box and not necessarily nominate the Wraith, the city of Atlantis, and all the other mainstays that are consistent throughout all five years of the series. We're looking to diversify the award-winners season-by-season, so we may end up disqualifying some of these very common go-to favorites.

You can review the winners for past seasons of SGA here: Season One - Season Two - Season Three.

We'll take nominations in this thread for the first half of the month, and then unveil the award ballot for voting on the GateWorld home page the second half of the month. At the end of September, we'll announce the winners to wrap up this season of the Stargate fan community Rewatch project.

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to SGA Season Four only!)
    • Best Episode (Season Four)
    • Best Sheppard Moment
    • Best McKay Moment
    • Best Teyla Moment
    • Best Ronon Moment
    • Best Carter Moment
    • Best Keller Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Alien Race
    • Best Individual Villain
    • Coolest Ancient Technology
    • Coolest Alien Technology
    • Best SG-1 Crossover (based on one specific Season Four episode)
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific Season Four episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Atlantis Season Five Awards.) Remember that the best alien race, villain, and technology you nominate don't have to be new to the franchise in Season Four, but they do have to make an appearance in Atlantis Season Four!

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) You must use the poll for your "Best Episode" nominations to be counted (don't just post them below). Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where McKay says 'Oh, come on!'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post. (If we detect fake "sock" accounts stuffing the nominations box, ALL your noms will be disqualified.)

The final ballot will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate what you think is the best of the best!

Nominations will close on or around Sunday, September 16. Thanks!
    Adrift
    9.89%
    Lifeline
    8.79%
    Reunion
    1.10%
    Doppelganger
    5.49%
    Travelers
    1.10%
    Tabula Rasa
    8.79%
    Missing
    0.00%
    The Seer
    4.40%
    Miller's Crossing
    2.20%
    This Mortal Coil
    4.40%
    Be All My Sins Remember'd
    14.29%
    Spoils of War
    1.10%
    Quarantine
    1.10%
    Harmony
    0.00%
    Outcast
    2.20%
    Trio
    7.69%
    Midway
    7.69%
    The Kindred, Part 1
    1.10%
    The Kindred, Part 2
    6.59%
    The Last Man
    12.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Darren; 03 September 2012, 11:15 AM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Let me add one more suggestion to SGA nominators:

It's better for the awards scheme if we have a diverse ballot. In months past (and last month, especially) we've had 10 nominations for the same fan-favorite, then only one or two for all the others. In some cases we've even failed to reach a total of three different nominations, and I've had to nominate a third just to fill out the final ballot.

If several people have nominated your favorites already, you might conclude that those will make the ballot -- and then think about what else you think should be on there. Remember, you're not voting for your favorites here: you're helping us get the best three to five moments, villains, tech, guest stars, etc. on the ballot.

So if a bunch of other people have already nominated Teal'c's appearance in "Midway," for example, think about another fun SG-1 guest star crossover to add to the ballot.

Thanks!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four)

Best Sheppard Moment
      An alien entity takes on Sheppard's image when it appears in his friends' nightmares, forcing John to fight himself. ("Doppelganger")

Best McKay Moment
      McKay travels back to Earth after his sister is kidnapped at gunpoint, only to get captured himself. ("McKay and Mrs. Miller")

Best Teyla Moment
      Teyla takes Dr. Keller to visit her people on New Athos, only to find that they have vanished and may all be dead. She also tells Keller about Kanaan, an Athosian man with whom she has kindled a romantic relationship. ("Missing")

Best Ronon Moment
      Ronon reunited with a group of fellow Satedan survivors, decides to leave Atlantis to join their efforts against the Wraith. But when he learns they are Wraith worshippers, Ronon is force to fight his own friends. ("Reunion")

Best Carter Moment
      In the alternate timeline, Sam takes out several Wraith hives before ramming her critically damaged ship into another, taking out it and another two in the process. The only Tau'ri casualty is herself as she manages to save her crew. (The Last Man)

Best Keller Moment
      Keller joins Teyla on an off-world visit to New Athos. But when they find the village deserted, the two must flee from a tribe of brutal warriors, testing the mettle of the hometown girl from Wisconsin. ("Missing")

Best Team Moment
      The Atlantis teaming up with the wraith and the travelers to defeat the replicators ("Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best Alien Race
      The Travelers ("Travelers")

Best Individual Villain
      Connor Trinneer as Michael ("The Kindred Part 2")

Coolest Ancient Technology
      The Ancient Mini-Drones. ("Harmony")

Coolest Alien Technology
      Wraith stun 'bomb' ("Midway")

Best SG-1 Crossover (based on one specific Season Four episode)
      Christopher Judge as Teal'c ("Midway")

Best Guest Star (based on one specific Season Four episode)
      Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir ("This Mortal Coil")
      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 04 September 2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Best Episode- Be All My Sins Remembered (i also voted for lifeline and midway)
        Best Sheppard Moment- Sheppard climbs the Atlantis base tower from the outside to turn off the self destruct. (Quarentine)
        Best McKay Moment- McKay defends his manhood against Ellis when it comes to the best way to destroy the replicators (and his plan is what destroys them, Ellis u dick!) (Be all my sins remembered)
        Best Teyla Moment-Teyla takes down and kills 3 bola kai to defend herself and Keller while also capturing and suffocating the 4th. (Missing)
        Best Ronon Moment- Ronon fights Teal'c and actually ties! (Midway)
        Best Carter Moment- In the alternate timeline, with Atlantis and of Earth's government ending the fight against Michael, Samantha Carter continues the fight as the leader of the Phoenix and heroically sacrifices herself to save her crew and destroy a few of Michael's ships. (The Last Man)
        Best Team Moment- The team along with Carter teams up with Todd and the wraith and Larrin and the travelers and together destroy the replicators. (Be All My Sins Remembered)
        Best Alien Race- The Wraith (Be All My Sins Remembered)
        Best Individual Villain- Michael (The Last Man) (Evil ruler of the Pegasus Galaxy and killed Teyla and most of the Atlantis team? Yea thats scary) (2ndly is Oberoth u took Weir from us!)
        Best Ancient tech- FRAN! (the hottest machine i ever saw) (be all my sins remembered)
        Best Alien tech- if fran isnt ancient tech which it should be since mckay's tech is based off ancient tech and he used them to make her then put her in this one.
        Best Sg-1 crossover- Teal'c (Midway)
        Best Guest Star- Christopher Judge as Teal'c (Midway) (what he was the best not just my favorite)

Comment

Best Episode
          Trio

Best Sheppard Moment
          Sheppard correctly recalls Rodney's password. (Quarantine)

Best McKay Moment
          McKay offers to let Todd feed on him, then, when refused permission, actively attempts to break into Todd's room, in order to save his sister. (Miller's Crossing)

Best Teyla Moment
          Getting her lights punched out by Danny Trejo. Danny Trejo, man! (Missing)

Best Ronon Moment
          Shooting Sheppard and saying "That never gets old." (Tabula Rasa)

Best Carter Moment
          Carter dresses down Ellis for his rudeness to McKay. (Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best Team Moment
          The raid on the Wraith cloning facility. (Spoils of War)

Best Alien Race
          The Bola Kai. (Missing)

Best Individual Villain
          Evil Dream Sheppard (Doppelganger)

The mini-drones. (Harmony)

Coolest Alien Technology
          The Beckett clone. (The Kindred I&II)

Best SG-1 Crossover
          Bill Lee. (Adrift, Lifeline)

Best Guest Star
          Danny Trejo, man!
          Boobies!

Comment

Best Episode

Best Sheppard Moment
            Sheppard is forced to fight a duplicate of himself when an alien entity takes on his form and starts terrorizing his friends in their sleep ("Doppelganger")

Best McKay Moment
            Rodney offers to let Todd feed off him, in order to save his sister. ("Miller's Crossing")

Best Teyla Moment
            Teyla is stranded on New Athos with Dr. Keller, with no sign of her own people anywhere. She must protect herself and Jennifer from the Bolo Kai. ("Missing")

Best Ronon Moment
            Ronon lets his men escape a Hiveship, and stays behind with Todd to blow it up, sacrificing himself in the process. ("The Last Man")

Best Carter Moment
            Carter puts Col. Ellis in his place, and lets him know not to ever speak to McKay, or anyone else on Atlantis like that again. ("Be All My Sins Remember'd")

Best Team Moment
            Atlantis teams up with the Travelers, the Wraith and a home-made Replicator to destroy the Asurans once and for all. ("Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best Alien Race
            Satedans ("Reunion")

Best Individual Villain
            Michael ("The Kindred Part 2")

Home-made Replicator/FRAN ("Be All My Sins Remember'd")

Coolest Alien Technology
            Traveler's Ship ("Travelers")

Bill Dow as Dr. Bill Lee ("Midway")

Paul McGillion as Dr. Carson Beckett ("The Kindred, Part II")

Comment

BAMSR stands for Be All My Sins Remember'd, obviously, just got sick of typing it out.

Best Episode: The Last Man
              Best Sheppard Moment: Talking Henry Wallace into a dark end (Miller's Crossing)
              Best McKay Moment: Creating F.R.A.N. and (belatedly) pondering the morals of his actions (BAMSR)
              Best Teyla Moment: Fighting savages and saving Keller on New Athos (Missing)
              Best Ronon Moment: Fighting his Satedan friends (Reunion)
              Best Carter Moment: Smacking down Colonel Ellis verbally (BAMSR)
              Best Team Moment: Teaming with the Wraith and Travellers to destroy the Asurans (BAMSR)
              Best Alien Race: Evil Crystals (Doppelganger)
              Best Individual Villain: Michael (The Kindred)
              Coolest Ancient Technology: Drone Research Area (Harmony)
              Coolest Alien Technology: Wraith Replication Lab (Spoils Of War)
              Best SG-1 Crossover: Gary Jones as Sgt. Harriman (Miller's Crossing)
              Best Guest Star: Jill Wagner as Larrin (Travellers), Michelle Morgan as F.R.A.N. (BAMSR), Jodelle Ferland as Harmony (Harmony)

Let me just say that this season was definitely my favourite of Atlantis, and rivals the best seasons of SG-1, there are very few weak episodes, major character and plot developments throughout, and some of the coolest CG shots I've ever seen. The sheer variety in most categories will make the voting particularly interesting.

Comment

UPDATE:

Though Jewel Staite was technically a recurring guest star in Season Four, I've added a category for Best Keller Moment. Thanks!

Comment

Best Episode

Best Sheppard Moment
                  Sheppard engages in a round of Kirk-style diplomacy as he encounters the travelers and succeeds in gaining their respect (Travellers)

Best McKay Moment
                  Alternate-universe McKay convinces General Lorne to allow him to manipulate time to try to save his team (The Last Man)

Best Teyla Moment
                  Teyla's discovery that she is pregnant is cause for both joy and despair, as the father has been seemingly abducted (Missing)

Best Ronon Moment
                  Ronon guides Sheppard through his duties when the Lieutenant Colonel loses his memory (Tabula Rasa)

Best Carter Moment
                  During a stressful IOA evaluation, Carter is shaken by a prophetic vision of the seemingly imminent destruction of Atlantis. (The Seer)

Best Keller Moment
                  Keller is forced to confine her predecessor, Carson Beckett, to a stasis chamber due to fatal complications of his cloning process. (Kindred, Part 2)

Best Team Moment
                  The team barely escapes Asuras after stealing a ZPM, but is forced to leave a compromised Weir behind. (Lifeline)

Best Alien Race
                  The Travelers (Travelers)

Best Individual Villain
                  Wraith Queen in Spoils of War

Best Ancient Technology
                  Asuran warship (Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best Alien Technology
                  Asgard Beam-weapons (Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best SG-1 Crossover
                  Robert Picardo (The Seer)

Best Guest Star
                  Kavan Smith as General Lorne (The Last Man)
                  Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Best Sheppard Moment
                    John climbs up Atlantis' main spire (Quarantine)

Best McKay Moment
                    Rodney lowers Sam and Keller into a mine shaft before abseiling down himself, getting to the mine shaft just before the room they were in collapses and falls into the mine. (Trio)

Best Teyla Moment
                    Teyla takes on the Bola Kai and saves Keller's life, unaware that she's pregnant (Missing)

Best Ronon Moment
                    Ronon gives Teyla his congratulations when he finds out she's pregnant, and accompanies her to the infirmary (Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Best Carter Moment
                    In the alternate timeline, Sam takes out several Wraith hives before ramming her critically damaged ship into another, taking out it and another two in the process. The only Tau'ri casualty is herself as she manages to save her crew. (The Last Man)

Best Team Moment
                    The Team, accompanied by Clone!Beckett try to rescue Teyla from Michael (The Kindred, pt. II)

Best Alien Race
                    The Travelers (Travelers)

Best Individual Villain
                    Connor Trinneer as Michael (The Kindred Part II)

FRAN - Rodney was just using Ancient technology after all! (Be All My Sins Remember'd)

Coolest Alien Technology
                    Wraith stun 'bomb' (Midway)

Christopher Judge as Teal'c (Midway)

Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir (Lifeline)
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Best Sheppard Moment: Sheppard overcomes his captors by starting the engines of the ancient ship without the inertial dampeners. (Travelers)
                      Best McKay Moment: The conversation informing clone Beckett of the situation (The Kindred, Part 2)
                      Best Teyla Moment: Teyla convinces the trader to give her information by threatening to tell the villagers that he is a wraith worshipper. (The Kindred, Part 1)
                      Best Ronon Moment: Ronon confronts Teal'c about his excessive use of the word 'Indeed.' (Midway)
                      Best Carter Moment: Carter destroys the hive ships in the alternate timeline (The Last Man)
                      Best Keller Moment:
                      Best Team Moment: The raid on Michael's facility to get Teyla back. (The Kindred, Part 2)
                      Best Alien Race: Satedans (Reunion)
                      Best Individual Villain: Michael
                      Coolest Ancient Technology: 'Mini-drones' (Harmony)
                      Coolest Alien Technology: Wraith lab (Spoils of War)
                      Best SG-1 Crossover: Dr. Bill Lee (Lifeline)
                      Best Guest Star: Mark Dacascos as Tyre (Reunion)

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four): Doppelganger

Best Sheppard Moment: When he has to face "himself" and wins in Doppelganger.

Best McKay Moment: When he tries to sacrifice himself to save his sister in Miller's Crossing.

Best Teyla Moment: When she effectively defeats and controls a Wraith Queen to save her team in Spoils of War.

Best Ronon Moment:
                        When he and Teal'c save the SGC from the Wraith in Midway.

Best Carter Moment: When she caringly tries to talk to Ronon about his review at the SGC and calls in an old friend to help him.

Best Keller Moment: When she promises Beckett that she'll keep working to find a cure for him in The Kindred Part II.

Best Team Moment:
                        When they all go to save Teyla and her People in The Kindred Part II.

Best Alien Race: Human Form Replicators

Best Individual Villain: Michael

Coolest Ancient Technology: Quarantine Lockdown tech.

Coolest Alien Technology:
                        Replicator City in Lifeline.

Best SG-1 Crossover (based on one specific Season Four episode): Teal'c in Midway.
                        Best Guest Star (based on one specific Season Four episode): Carson Beckett in The Kindred Part II.

sigpic

Comment

Best Sheppard Moment
                          Trapped in the future with a hologram of McKay, Sheppard fights his way through a sand storm and returns to his own time with the information to find Teyla. (The Last Man)
                          Best McKay Moment
                          Left without his memories, McKay escapes the Mess Hall and searches for Teyla through Atlantis, before succeeding in finishing the team's plan. (Tabula Rasa)
                          Best Teyla Moment
                          Teyla fights the Bola Kai New Athos after she has discovered that the Athosians have mysteriously disappeared. (Missing)
                          Best Ronon Moment
                          After finding out about the death of Sheppard's father, Ronon accompanies him to Earth. (Outcast)
                          Best Carter Moment
                          Carter volunteers to climb a towering stack of crates in an attempt to get out of an underground room where she is trapped with McKay and Keller. (Trio)
                          Best Keller Moment
                          Keller races against time to save Weir when Weir's brain is swelling dangerously and finally has chooses to make Weir half replicator in order to save her life. (Adrift/Lifeline)
                          Best Team Moment
                          With the city floating in space with a depleting shield, the team all work together to save the injured, fix the damaged city and even to invade the replicator homeworld to steal a ZPM (Lifeline)
                          Best Alien Race
                          Glowing crystal beings (Doppelganger)
                          Best Individual Villain
                          Henry Wallace (Miller's Crossing)
                          Replicator building machine (Be All My Sin's Remember'd)
                          Coolest Alien Technology
                          Wraith Stun Bomb (Midway)
                          Best SG-1 Crossover
                          Christopher Judge as Teal'c (Midway)
                          Best Guest Star
                          Kate Hewlett as Jeanie Miller (Miller's Crossing)

Atlantis will survive forever!!!!

Comment

Lifeline

Best Sheppard Moment
                            Sheppard must try and find a way back home after a gate malfunction throws him 48,000 years into the future where a hologram of McKay tells him what happened to most of them after he disappeared.

Best McKay Moment
                            Rodney offers to let Todd feed off him, in order to save his sister. (Miller's Crossing)

Best Teyla Moment
                            After being tormented by dreams of Kanaan (the father of her baby) Teyla sets out to find him and their people (The Kindred)

Best Ronon Moment
                            When Sheppard’s father dies Ronon shows his support by following him back to earth (Outcast)

Best Carter Moment

Best Keller Moment
                            Worried that she can’t live up to the reputation Dr. Beckett left behind, Keller makes sure to pack lollipops to give to the Athosian children (Missing)

Best Team Moment
                            The Team finds a way to stop the replicators once and for all with the help of a replicator version of Elizabeth Weir and themselves (This Mortal Coil)

Best Alien Race
                            Bola Kai (Missing)

Best Individual Villain
                            Oberoth (Lifeline)

Replicator building machine (Be All My Sin's Remember'd)

Coolest Alien Technology
                            Wraith stun 'bomb' (Midway)

Christopher Judge as Teal'c ("Midway")

Torri Higginson as Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Lifeline)
                            sigpic

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four): the last man
                              Best Sheppard Moment: fighting with his evil double (doppelganger)
                              Best McKay Moment: mckay bonding with his sister (miller crossing)
                              Best Teyla Moment
                              Best Ronon Moment: deciding to side with the atlantis team (reunion)
                              Best Carter Moment: taking out hive ships in alternate reality (the last man)
                              Best Keller Moment: trying to find a cure for carson clone (kindred pt 2)
                              Best Team Moment: searching for teyla's people (kindred pt 2)
                              Best Alien Race: replicators
                              Best Individual Villain:
                              Coolest Alien Technology: wraith bomb (midway)
                              Best SG-1 Crossover (based on one specific Season Four episode): Christoper Judge (midway)
                              Best Guest Star: Paul Mcgillion (kindred pt 2)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X