No announcement yet.

God's Eye (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of Skylar somehow reprogramming the strobes so they don't kill at the last moment. Parish did mention some people would gain alpha abilities but that most would die so it could be possible that the strobes can be programmed to turn normal people into alphas but in the extremely short time they had it's more likely that she simply turned off it's lethal effects...
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I was thinking maybe the strobe might have been modified at the last second to cause non-Alphas to gain Alphas abilities.
      Sorry, but I don't see where that would matter at all. From the season open, there's already more Alphas than the series can support. If everyone at the station was suddenly an alpha, that would change..... not much of anything. They'd all be confined and never seen again, but some would escape and be with all the other uncontrolled alphas, which is the way it was before the photostims happened.
      Last edited by ZeroPoint; 24 October 2012, 07:03 AM. Reason: Posting while upset causes bad sentence syntax

Comment

WOW Awesome Season Finale and THANK GOD they redeemed Rosen and Cam with respect to their want on Revenge....well Cam is still questionable I am just glad that Rosen came to his senses on that issue. That was really bugging me.

As for the Rosen being dead. I have always thought that Rosen was an alpha. He either hasn't unlocked his ability yet hence he doesnt' even know he is one...or he knew and was keeping it hidden or under control with meds. Also who would've thought he could've killed Parrish with meds by blocking his regeneration abilities I mean if it was that easy why didn't he think of it long ago. I also did like that Nina showed her concern for Cam with that kiss *sigh* BUT I really hope they work all that hostility out of Cam's character soon cuz he has turned into a big jerk and I am getting to where I don't even like him.
        Kat was kickin butt which was cool to see too She's a little firecracker and I'm enjoying her character which I didn't think was possible since at first I thought she was a tad annoying.

As for Why Gary wasn't affected. Well we know he can tune into EMF fields and maybe that protected him? IDK? But that was just WOW.....creepy when that music played and all the people were dead. I somehow wonder if they will bring them back trying to say it only partially worked. But wasn't it supposed to make new alphas too? I'm not really clear on what Parrish is actually after...maybe I missed that point. Making Alpha's stronger but also isn't he wanting to make new Alphas? Or just unlock them? HELP?

The only other thing that sort of annoyed me was watching Rosen hobble around injured the whole ep. I almost wish they hadn't even put the shooting thing in there but I guess they had to ante up the stakes making it seem that he could die either from his injuries or from the photostim thing. I just think that was a bit distracting and it was making me a nervous wreck. I mean when I was in New York it's a hike to go anywhere...and I mean if you are nursing a half healed gun shot wound with a loss of blood at his age..that just seemed to be a tad over the top.

but other than that.... it was awesome
        Last edited by squirrely1; 24 October 2012, 07:01 PM.
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I've never thought of Rosen possibly knowing he was an Alpha and merely suppressing it on his own...Perhaps it's an extremely dangerous ability.

I suppose anything is possible.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
            To me, this is series reboot time. Anything can happen. Was written that way.

Skylar could have found something at the last possible moment that stopped the strobe so it only knocked people out instead of killing them, or that it turned non-lethal at a range. Nobody is confirmed dead...

Gary could have been looking at communications, and had his eyes shut. Rosen could have fallen on his syringe which saved him somehow.

Even Parish was down with his eyes open. How does enhanced alpha ability work for immortality? Could be insta-olded 100 years and actually dead.

Since people were trying to stop the strobe, it might have had other effects, permanently changing people's alpha abilities to something completely different.

My opinion is that the photostims were turned into knockout flashes at the last moment. This prevents the uncomfortable mass death plot and would make Parish's plan fail. This also means we wouldn't have to deal with all the present alphas having extended abilities all at the same time after having half of them (Gary/Nina/Rachel) in this season alone. Rosen could have survived from falling on the injection or leftover from the healing finger poke.
            Knowing that the writers are cowards, it more than likely that they will avoid the mass death of the population of New York. Like they avoided dealing with the world knowing about Alphas at least in the episodes I seen so far of season 2.
            Last edited by knowles2; 25 October 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
              Yeah I know what you mean-cliffhanger for sure. Is there a season 3 in the works, or has that been decided yet?
              Nope, that's it. Show's over. Gary is the last person left alive on the face of the Earth...

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                I've never thought of Rosen possibly knowing he was an Alpha and merely suppressing it on his own...Perhaps it's an extremely dangerous ability.

I suppose anything is possible.
                It might be that his ability (up until possibly now) had never been triggered.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Well I guess we'll never find out the answers to our questions now-I was really liking this show, too.

Comment

Just watched the entire show in the last couple of days and while I thought the ending was a bit too much of a cliffhanger, I kinda like the idea that everyone except Gary is dead. It's sad for him, of course, but it would be nice to see that the theory was actually wrong.

I'm also still unsure about whether they managed to turn off the grid and the backup generators in NYC, so if there had been a darker third season I wouldn't have been surprised if almost everyone in NYC but Gary (and maybe a few other Alphas or those who were sitting in the dark) had died. But I guess that would be too drastic for an American TV show, so maybe just everyone in Grand Central Station.

I also liked how it was implied Gary's teammates and even Parrish didn't make it, considering how quickly Rachel and that homeless guy in the subway tunnels (beginning of finale) got up and regained consciousness. It really seemed like everyone at the station was dead, except for Gary, and not merely unconscious. It would have been nice karma for Parrish too, although I got the idea he already expected to die because of how he wanted Rosen to lead the Alphas in the future...

By the way, I'm pretty sure Gary was unaffected because of how the brain of an autistic person is wired and don't think it (necessarily) had anything to do with his ability.

So, very sad and kinda dark ending but I also kinda liked it because it was unexpected for a TV show about "super heroes". Plus, Gary was my favorite character so I'm glad he made it, even though he might just be the only survivor...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                    X