• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need To Know (212)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON TWO
    NEED TO KNOW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212

An Alpha prisoner is kidnapped and interrogated by Rosen, who is still reeling from the death of his daughter; and Harken and Gary track down Skylar, but freeing her from Parish's clutches proves tricky. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 16 October 2012, 03:40 PM.

God...why must there only be one more episode...I want more...
    sigpic

Comment

For sake of spoilers, I'll refrain from making statements about Parish's plan.

I will point out a theme that this show reminded me about a plot from the show "Heroes". The series had titles at the bottom of the screen saying the city of each group of characters ("New York", "Austin Texas"...). This episode was about a solar eclipse. The titles were missing from this episode show because if you saw the titles, you'd know that a solar eclipse cannot be seen by all parts of the US at the same time. It'd point out this plot line is not possible.

Comment

How did that episode remind you of Heroes and the eclipse again? I'm confused
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          How did that episode remind you of Heroes and the eclipse again? I'm confused
          I didn't really want to spoil it for people, but it looks like this effect is going to work with city and office lights. I picture street lights doing a strobe effect and such. Even if Skylar's device could change the frequency, many lights just cannot work that way because the bulbs cannot operate at that frequency.

For example : Where I work there are big halogen lights in the inventory room. They require 1 minute of power before producing light, and take 3 seconds without power to go dark, because of capacitance load required. They cannot be strobed. Street lights are quite likely the same way, in addition that their on/off are from a photosensor.

Speaking of which.... Can anyone tell me what Skylar was building, cuz I'm a little confused by it. Parish wanted Skylar's project completed, but she was rescued before that got done right?, and it looks like the whole plan is taking place anyway, so why was Skylar's part needed????

Also: Was the strobe used on Skylar? I thought I only saw that in a couple of frames but not an actual scene. If it hadn't been used on her, it could be and she could then make a device to counter Parish's plan.

Comment

Working...
          X