• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Memory Serves (211)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON TWO
    IF MEMORY SERVES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211

Hicks and Kat find themselves being chased when they hit the road to transport a valuable Parish asset whose memory and gift for gab seem to know no limits. Meanwhile, as Rosen plots against Parish, he faces his own threat with the unexpected arrival of Senator Burton. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 16 October 2012, 03:36 PM.

Interesting new Alpha ability...Sean Astin was great.

Can't wait for the next episode, and to see what Stanton is up to...
    sigpic

Comment

Where's all the discussion? Has no one liked the last two episodes?
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't like the convenience of throwing physics out the window to kill the caretaker. Sure, this is a show about people with super abilities, but still.

It's the thing that annoys me the most about this show. They come up with something that sounds like explains it, and then goes overboard with it.

Like the invisible woman. Really, she can increase your blind spot and move into it? What an awesome explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Where's all the discussion? Has no one liked the last two episodes?
          Sorry, but c'mon what do you expect when the average number of posts is less than ten?

Frankly, I like this forum better. I dislike groups that have 200 posts that are "that was great!" without substance. I've been essentially banned for bringing up a plot hole on some groups because I didn't love every single thing about the show.

Comment

I've thought about it, and I'm feeling odd about the goals now. Maybe that was the point of the writers.

So Parish feels bad about Dani. Touching, but this lets some viewers get sympathy about the villain, which is usually a bad idea. More so that Rosen is now going to exploit Parish's feelings, making Rosen look even less of a hero to me.

Rosen wants to exploit Parish's feelings how, but Parish has been offloading those to Mitchell, so Parish isn't bogged down with them. Therefore, Parish isn't bothered by the memories he doesn't have any more, so Rosen is trying to exploit something that may not be there. Really, they should try to find a way to get Mitchell to release all the bad memories back to Parish so Parish can feel bad about his plan.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
              I've thought about it, and I'm feeling odd about the goals now. Maybe that was the point of the writers.

So Parish feels bad about Dani. Touching, but this lets some viewers get sympathy about the villain, which is usually a bad idea. More so that Rosen is now going to exploit Parish's feelings, making Rosen look even less of a hero to me.

Rosen wants to exploit Parish's feelings how, but Parish has been offloading those to Mitchell, so Parish isn't bogged down with them. Therefore, Parish isn't bothered by the memories he doesn't have any more, so Rosen is trying to exploit something that may not be there. Really, they should try to find a way to get Mitchell to release all the bad memories back to Parish so Parish can feel bad about his plan.
              Yeah I'm with you...but seriously I think this is the new thing that writers are trying these days it seems. Take BSG for instance you spend 3.5 seasons running from these SOB's cuz they are literally trying to wipe out humanity or whatever and then in the last .5 of season 4 you have some weird turn of events where now all of a sudden I'm suppose to have sympathy for them and watch Sam rode off with them into the sun? NO!! There are many other examples of this idea of ...Oh I know lets make the villian really look good or give it such a twist that the audience will absolutely be too confused to even know who to root for. Apparently now a days it's more PC to not have these bad feelings about the "villians" we need to learn to embrace them and all hold hands and sing Kumbaya

I am even more annoyed with Cam right about now and how angry, bitter and over the top he is over the death of Dani... I want to puke every time he says her name....it seems so overly forced and unreal to me. I understand everyone grieves in a different way but for him to beg to be pushed in order to forget....please...give me a break.... GROW UP dude and get a pair in the process *sigh*

Sorry for the rant....was that enough of a discussion for ya?
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                Sorry, but c'mon what do you expect when the average number of posts is less than ten?

Frankly, I like this forum better. I dislike groups that have 200 posts that are "that was great!" without substance. I've been essentially banned for bringing up a plot hole on some groups because I didn't love every single thing about the show.
                No, I am just surprised that at the time of me posting that message no one had responded to this episode or the previous one.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok so .....I am just so annoyed with Cameron right now...he is just MEAN!! and hateful and the way he is treating everyone is inexcusable. I mean it wasn't like he was married to Dani and or she was the father of this children...she was a girlfriend and a relatively new one...I mean seriously their relationship was pretty much still in the budding stages. So to make him and Rosen so bent on revenge almost makes it like it's a sickness in them. Cam is just acting out like a raving maniac. I mean I understand their need to get and stop Parish...and they don't want to just stop him but kill him. I don't blame them really ....but in this instance does the end justify the means? They are becoming pretty ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    Ok so .....I am just so annoyed with Cameron right now...he is just MEAN!! and hateful and the way he is treating everyone is inexcusable. I mean it wasn't like he was married to Dani and or she was the father of this children...she was a girlfriend and a relatively new one...I mean seriously their relationship was pretty much still in the budding stages. So to make him and Rosen so bent on revenge almost makes it like it's a sickness in them. Cam is just acting out like a raving maniac. I mean I understand their need to get and stop Parish...and they don't want to just stop him but kill him. I don't blame them really ....but in this instance does the end justify the means? They are becoming pretty ruthless.
                    Don't forget their was about a 8 month gap between S1 and S2 so the relationship was close to a year. Way past the early stages to me. Its not so crazy to me that he want to kills Parish giving his grief.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Don't forget their was about a 8 month gap between S1 and S2 so the relationship was close to a year. Way past the early stages to me. Its not so crazy to me that he want to kills Parish giving his grief.
                      well all the more reason for Cam to be pissed that she more or less lied to him for a year keeping her relationship with Parrish a secret and reporting their activities to him covertly... I'm sorry I just cannot forgive her character for what she did. She put them all at risk time and time again all the while smiling and jumping into bed with Cam... I don't care if she was being manipulated by Parrish this is inexcusable and then they try and make her ending all touching by making her all stoic and heroic at the end....but it's a little to late IMO. The damage she caused was already done. Parrish wouldn't have gotten as far as he did if it weren't for her. Cam should by rights hate her frelling guts for that.... I mean the way he reacted to Nina just pushing him this is waaaaaaaaaaay worse IMO.

Comment

If she died when being captured I might agree with you but thier was the whole redemption episode where she risked her life to stop Parish. That is probably why Rosen and Cam are not as angry as they would be for her being a traitor
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

If she died when being captured I might agree with you but thier was the whole redemption episode where she risked her life to stop Parish. That is probably why Rosen and Cam are not as angry as they would be for her being a traitor
                          but again I can't excuse a whole year of bad behavior that nearly got everyone killed over and over again for her "redemption move" I mean really ....what else was she going to do anyway?? She was facing a life in Building 7 chipped all up and stuff...and that is no life at all anyway...and I guess she figured she lost the respect of Cam and Daddy...so why the hell not try and redeem what she could....but if you ask me it was too late. For me anyway... I have little tolerance for a whole season of deception just to try and turn that around in one ep...NOPE I'm not buying it

Comment

Does a parent really ever stop loving a child because they have done bad things? THier is no denying some terrible things in misleading the Alphas team to help Parish. But at the save time Dani saved millions of lives when she sacrificed herself in front of that bomb. So they balance each other out and like I said their is nothing logical about this. Its emotional which is to be excpected in those relatonships but it does blind a person. Despite the wrongs a loved one does I can see that they want revenge. And revenge is driven by the emotional state of losing someone they care about. Just because Dani did wrong it seems even more inconsistent for people like Rosen and Cam to stop caring especially given how she died. Finally given Dani's alpha ability was emotional based maybe that is a factor.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Does a parent really ever stop loving a child because they have done bad things? THier is no denying some terrible things in misleading the Alphas team to help Parish. But at the save time Dani saved millions of lives when she sacrificed herself in front of that bomb. So they balance each other out and like I said their is nothing logical about this. Its emotional which is to be excpected in those relatonships but it does blind a person. Despite the wrongs a loved one does I can see that they want revenge. And revenge is driven by the emotional state of losing someone they care about. Just because Dani did wrong it seems even more inconsistent for people like Rosen and Cam to stop caring especially given how she died. Finally given Dani's alpha ability was emotional based maybe that is a factor.
                              I am not talking about Rosen so much as Cam. No a parent really never does stop loving their child.... well most don't I would hope. So to me Rosen's rage and revenge is somewhat more justifiable than Cam's. I just think they have written Cam a bit too over the top. He's pissing me off with his cruel anger and lashing out at everyone and just being mean and nasty. and it is true that everyone handles grief differently and maybe that is how he is trying to handle it..but it just bugs me because to me I just didn't see them as being that close really to warrant him begging Nina to repress his memories I mean Really? I just think he is all over the map right now...and maybe the emotional thing did have something to do with it...with regard to Dani's ability. IDK??

Comment

Working...
                              X