• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quill (204)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON TWO
    QUILL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Nick discovers a highly contagious Wesen disease while investigating an accident. Elsewhere, Monroe and Rosalee come face-to-face with an infected creature; and Capt. Renard learns that a dangerous international fugitive has arrived in town. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 September 2012, 02:47 PM.

Yay! They cut out the talky part at the beginning.

Comment

You mean the opening? It's still in but no more narrator *thanks the Lord!*.

So, episode ... I think I have to watch it a second time but so far I liked it. I only felt it was a little rushed at the end but that was more because they needed the time for the outbreak *yay!*. Uhm, wow, seems like I have to change something in my current fic because there I mentioned that the former Grimms never did researches about Wesen-sicknesses. Well, seems like they never were interested in any cure but at least one of them reported that Plague.
      Okay, enough about the ff-writer-stuff, back to the episode. Juliette ist still struggling with her memory and *facepalm* she calls Bud *yay! I so missed the Eisbiber!* to come over and talk to her about her relationship to Nick. Awe, "the perfect couple", that was soo sweet off him. But true, I think that's why I'm really heartbroken now for them both and keep on hoping that they will find together again.
      Juliette calling Monroe was also cute, not as cute as Bud but I liked the scene. BTW, I had to laugh so hard when Monroe called Nick who stood on his porch at the moment and you could hear the phone's ringing and hear his voice twice . Classic, I know, but classic doesn't mean bad humour. For me it worked, and I loved the talk after Monroe let Nick in - especially the part when Nick left ("Uh, Hank knows!") That was so damned funny to look at his face !
      So, and another Wesen is out there for the key. I think there will be another fight soon (Trailer anyone? Thank you, NBC, for confusing me - and move Grimm to another week *gnargh!*). But ... what kind of Wesen is that one. BTW, didn't I knew that guy from Spartacus or am I wrong here *scratches head*?
      Renard making researches about Nicks family was interesting. Was that a Wesen-database where he logged in to? Didn't look like a normal police-site to me, mh?
      And ... Parker is back! Lord, I missed her and her snarky comments! Awe, now she's back. Hehe, looks like someone doesn't like to lose some drops of blood, especially to her, right Nick?
      Next ... the picknick. Awe! I mean, big AWE! They are soooo cute together! I love this couple as much as I love Nick/Juliette. Grimm is one of the rare shows where I can stand the relationships TPTB are shipping. (better I keep my mouth shut now, otherwise I will spoiler mi_guard about something *whistles innocently*). I so hoped they would do a little more focus on Monroe and Rosalee at the picknick. I so loved it!
      What else? Oh yes, the cat. I would say, problem solved immediatly . And poor Wu in the house of the other infected Wesen.
      And Nick introducing Hank to the Wesen-world. Doesn't look like they are both too enthusiastic about that and it also doesn't look like Hank is very interested in becoming Nick's Grimm-sidekick (thank the Lord!). They have to deal with it, true, because they are partners in their real jobs but I don't see Hank sneaking around with Nick and Monroe watching out for bad Wesen. Better for both I think.
      So, I think that's all. I liked the episode. Anyone knows about "The Good Shepherd"? I looked at TVGuide.com. There the episode is still listened for next Monday. I'm still confused about the trailer that Grimm will move back to Fridays at September, 28th (another week in the back. NBC will kill the fans *gnargh!*)

EDIT:
      Okay, airing date is clear. NBC WILL definetely kill us poor Grimmsters: 2.05 The good Shepherd will air on September, 28th. I'm dead now! *how will I survive this long without any new Grimm 'whimpers'*
      Last edited by Hyndara71; 04 September 2012, 03:29 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I liked that Wu was so upset about having to shoot that lady.

I was a little afraid that Juliette was going to start thinking Nick was a dirty cop or something when she remembered the beaver guy being so afraid of him.

I think they're doing a good job of hiding Bree's pregnancy. I mean, you can totally tell if you already know, but considering that she's like 8 months pregnant here, I'm very impressed that they aren't making her stand behind plants and counters all the time. I hate it when they hide the pregnant actresses on other shows and make them look incredibly awkward with the weird ways they stand....to me that makes it more obvious that there's something up. I guess maybe I'm more willing than some to just ignore the baby bumps.

But, the best part was that half way through the episode, an ad for flu vaccine came on with a little talking porcupine.

Comment

great episode

I loved the encounter between Hank and Monroe and Monroe admitting that it was him whom Hank saw in Big Foot.
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            Yay! They cut out the talky part at the beginning.
            i was so happy when i saw that they got rit of it. i like just the music . i was wondering if that was what aired or just on hulu.

i loved the episode! specially hanks questions. and i was thinking that i wonder if monroe would say "sorry for hitting you in the park to hank" and that's exactly what he did lol.

and the monroe and rosilee stuff .

oh and i forgot the great scene with Juliett and Bud. I love his attempt to cover up the reveal of nick being a grimm lol.

i could be wrong here, but isn't Rosalee actress like 8 months pregnant now? or at least was on comic-con. this episode would have been probably filmed a few months earlier, so she was like 6 months pregnant?
            Last edited by blueray; 04 September 2012, 09:21 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

First, I agree with you about the opening. It is back to its freaky self with just pictures and a wild music. I could live without it but at least the cheesy voiceover is gone. I think they made it just to introduce it to new viewers.

Second, I LOVE the new dynamics of the show. Now, in S2, when Nick knows who he is and is much more experienced, he can finally do well on his own. He and Hank actually look like partners right now - they talk, they are comfortable next to each other and Hank´s reactions to things are perfect.
              It still looks like he doesn´t really want to get involved ("you go do your thing, I´ll stick with mine") but when they were all in the shop, it seemed "right". Like an instant click. Rosalee´s shop quickly became "Giles´Library" of sorts. I am curious how will Hank react to the other stuff - Nick faking murders, hiding bodies...Hank is an experienced and honest cop, so I am sure he will have issues with that.

Also not leaving Renard out of the story as last time (however, in the last episode, they wisely focused just on Hank coping with things). He obviously wants to keep Nick safe and we still hear about his plans but we don´t know what his plans really are! I think he wants to get rid of royal families and either rule himself or just...get rid of them. Especially if he is some kind of a "bastard son". That would make an interesting fairy tale twist, too

The promo to the next episode looked fantastic (did you notice the last shot with Nick holding an axe, Hank and Monroe standing behind him?) but I hate NBC for doing the mess with the programming - I don´t mind Friday (Grimm did good on Friday) but after such a heavy promotion and attracting people on Monday, they make a break and then move it. It´s a bad, bad move. Hopefully Grimm has enough loyal fans now. I would watch, but I am not in the US, so....but Iread they were shooting episode 7 so I guess they just want to give the creators time to finish more episodes.

And pregnant Bree - I wouldn´t notice either. Kudos to her wardrobe people who picked
              right clothes.

Hank asking "How do they know you are Grimm" was in heads of many viewers and Nick is about it as confused as we are. I guess he will need to ask mum next time he gets a chance to see her

Nice to see some character development for Wu - he was shaken and wasn´t just a funny element. It was a nice and refreshing change.

And Juliette searching may lead into her finding out anyway. Yay for Beaver neighbour and his big mouth

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

@ blueray:
                She's in the ninth month now, birthdate is something in September/early October. I am really wondering that she is still filming.
                Don't know if anyone here followed Bree on Twitter yesterday. I have to say, as living in Europe, I always first watch the episode and than go to Twitter re-reading what they said. So Bree tweeted that a lot of what we saw was her double, especially the running scenes in the park and at the end in that alleyway. But Bree was very talkative, last week Bitsie was much more quiet (well, maybe they had better tried to bring in Russel as that was his episode).

@ Klenotka:
                We all knew that this move was coming, NBC did the show a favour letting it air on Mondays after the first episode. But true, it's kind of heartbreaking that first they mentioned that there would be only a weekly break within the move (2.05 should have aired next Monday and than 2.06 would have been on Friday a week later). Maybe NBC reacts now on the falling ratings, don't know *shrugs*. Maybe they moved it to another week because on the 21st there will be some other premieres (Haven anyone?) on other networks. I really have no clue. As I've written before, I was completely confused when I saw the new trailer the first time with the big news that Grimm would move NOW. Researching told me that 2.05 is still listed for next Monday, only NBC itself on their own website have changed that to the 28th.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

its a shame, I like the monday timeslot. because after a long day of school, its great to sit and watch grimm (well except this week).
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, for me the move is "better" as I have (very) early shift on Saturdays and could watch it nearly live - IF it is uploaded when I come home (which should be according to other shows I watch(ed)).

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure about the ratings. I find it interesting that skiffy moved alphas and WH13 from 8 to 7, basically setting it up so that they don't compete against grimm, not first run anyway.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ratings for this Monday I've posted at the "Speculation"-thread, Sky. Again a small loss but still more than 4.5 Million people who were watching it.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a very stupid question. I checked the word quill (which I didn't know before) and now I am wondering why this episode had this title - anyone can help?
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

maybe because the park service guy was a porcupine kinda thing?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I find it strange that the assassin was outside watching Nick and Hank leave, and yet no one follows Nick and finds the trailer
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X