X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well in this past episode when Nick calls and they are both there
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was a great scene. And I was glad to see them talking also about a personal stuff, not just Nick asking "what is this?"

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        well in this past episode when Nick calls and they are both there
        I was so laughing my ass offf there ! OMG, one good advice: Never, never ever watch a new episode of Grimm during breakfast. It's not good for you, it's not good for your breakfast and it's not good for your laptop ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            I was so laughing my ass offf there ! OMG, one good advice: Never, never ever watch a new episode of Grimm during breakfast. It's not good for you, it's not good for your breakfast and it's not good for your laptop ...
            that i can relate too, except it was lunch .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              that i can relate too, except it was lunch .
              Dinner anyone ?

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

That´s cute I saw some of their interviews and they are obviously friends also behind the scenes

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I just watched episode Of Mouse and Man and the scene at the end, with Nick and Monroe saying "we are not going to give up this" after Monroe was attacked gave me goosebumps. It was, I think, one of the definitive confirmation of their trust.
                    While I believe (after rewatching Game Ogre) that Nick sent Monroe to his trailer purely for practical reasons (he couldn´t and there was nobody else to do it) and he wouldn´t have revealed the trailer to Monroe for a while without the attack, this scene showed that Monroe wanted to help Nick for the first time without any specific reason. He was reluctant helper in previous episodes but I think after he was beaten by other wesen (probably sent by reapers), he was determined to help Nick.
                    Simply put, I loved that scene

Comment

Yeah, that scene also gives me goosebumps every time I watch it! Another one is in "Last Grimm Standing" when Nick decides to go into the fight-cage to keep Monroe save. Monroes mimic in that moment when he's realizing that Nick would give his life for him (no matter if or if there's no backup coming, that croco-creature could have killed both in that time the backup needed to go there).
                      About the scene in Game Ogre ... Nick is definetely hesitating before he tells Monroe about the trailer. I think it IS a big sign of his trust to give the key to Monroe und tell him about the Airstream. After I've finished season 1 today (with a big rewatch of the three-parter ) I'm again thinking a lot about how the different relationships are growing during season 1. Game Ogre is a key-moment in their relationship because all the time Nick also have Marie's warning in mind about Wesen and that they better never learn about the trailer. And just Kelly reminds him again on that, when he drives her there.
                      True, there's no one else there who he can send in Game Ogre but his hesitating before he finally tells Monroe about his inheritage also makes me think. And after Game Ogre their relationship (aka friendship here, I'm not a slasher - usually) changes. Nick is much more open to Monroe than before.
                      That's what I love on the show, we actually SEE how this friendship is growing not like on SGA where Shep and McKay suddenly and out of the blue became buddies (don't get me wrong here, I still love McShep-friendship, but I never got how this friendship began).

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                        )
                        That's what I love on the show, we actually SEE how this friendship is growing not like on SGA where Shep and McKay suddenly and out of the blue became buddies (don't get me wrong here, I still love McShep-friendship, but I never got how this friendship began).
                        I've never thought about that before. yeah, I too can't think of when Shepard and Mckay become freinds, but I'm glad that they do .

I hope there will be some good Monroe and Nick scenes in tomorrows episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am not a slasher at all so let´s not go there
                          I love McKay/Sheppard friendship and I think it was also very well developed in the course of Season 1. But then it was on and off in the following seasons but I still loved their moments.

You are right about the change of Nick´s relationship to Monroe. I am curious to see how Hank will react if he finds out it was Nick and Monroe who saved his life that night.
                          After the Game Ogre, you can see them talking about personal stuff, having dinners (and breakfast!) together and also, there is Nick´s concern for Monroe´s safety that was there never before. He just took it for granted that Monroe was there to help but I think after this (and the cage fight) it was a huge step for him and them both.

Comment

Don't get me wrong (and yes, I know this is getting OT) but where in season 1 we saw any development of the friendship between Shep and McKay? During Rising they barely noticed each other (besides the puddlejumper-base showed to Shep by Rodney), Hide & Seek this continued, 38 Minutes McKay was too busy with the Jumper ... the first real development (and the only) was in Brotherhood, when Shep said he had done the Mensa test and McKay suddenly became aware of him as a person of interest not only as dumb military-man. After that, suddenly they were friends - a little too fast for my personal taste.

Nick and Monroe grew slowly to friends, and that's what I like more. At first all the lamentos from Monroe whenever Nick showed up at his place (oh, I soo LOVE that whenever he started to complain ). And I really still love his statement in Bears will be Bears, when he tells Nick that he's the only Wesen "stupid enough to talk to you". That explains a lot to me, much more than all this jumping backwards whenever a Wesen becomes aware of Nick as a Grimm.
                            Maybe I'm a little too ... can't explain ... *scratches head* ... Do you know the character-studies one LJ-member had done a while ago about Nick and Monroe? I have to say, after I've read what she had written I was stunned because that was exactly what I think about both of them .

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

The jump backwards is caused by the fear of Grimms. As Monroe said, Grimms were rarely seen but the stories about them were scary. Every nation has a story about somebody "coming for you if you don´t go to bed" or something. We have a few creepy ones so I can imagine this sticks with them. Maybe some of them doubt that Grimms even exist and when they meet Nick, the first thing they remember are those stories. Honestly, the descriptions Nick reads always describe violent creatures and how to defeat them, not slaughtering entire villages just for fun. I am sure there were Grimms who killed because they thought they had to but as Marie said - you have to kill the bad ones. Monroe is a very unusual Bludbad so that´s why his relationship with Nick is so special. If I can tell by his stories - his family wasn´t exactly the most peaceful bunch so to meet a Bludbad who isn´t violent is probably rare as well. So when these two met, it was...well, meant to happen? Also, that´s why they probably trust and support each other - they know how difficult it is for the other one to be different and go against the rules (however Nick may be new in this, he knows that what he does isn´t exactly by the book and I am sure his insticts are probably going wild sometimes, judging by his "grimm side" )
                              If it makes sense at all

Comment

You read my mind *iz nodding*
                                With other words, exactly what I thought of both.
                                Besides ... I don't think Nick had bewildered thoughts in his mind in season 1. I think that is what Renard told the Reapers about him: he had a conscience. But with Juliette's memory loss and the pain he must feel about this this conscience falls more and more apart and Nick is more and more in Grimm-mode all the time. Now I think he has this ... fantasies and emotions but still is fighting against the "dark side" - if you get what I mean.
                                I think the friendship to Monroe (and also to Rosalee) is now a kind of anchor for Nick not to drift in too deep of his Grimm-side. Would he also lose their friendship ... I'm not sure what he would finally became. Maybe something like Kelly?
                                Maybe that's the difference also between the sisters Kessler/Burkhardt. Marie was in a relationship with a Wesen and learned to accept them, Kelly on the other hand has a complete different view. Only the reactions to Monroe: Marie warned him before they both could be attacked (sure, he had to protect her in first place in that situation), Kelly said to Monroe and Rosalee that this friendship doesn't make sense to her. I'm not sure if she would warn any of them if they would be in danger.

About Monroe's family, well, I hope one day we will learn a bit more about them. Thinking again about Game Ogre when Monroe entered the trailer and his first line is: "Dad, I swear to God I do the right thing!" Maybe he chosed the way he is now on because of the death of his father or got involved with the Wieder-church because of his father. Don't know ...
                                Last edited by Hyndara71; 28 September 2012, 09:42 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X