No announcement yet.

The Nick/Monroe Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the link to thet LJ article?
    I love male friendship on Tv shows, especially those very unlikely, created by unusual cirmustances between very different people

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
      Do you have the link to thet LJ article?
      I love male friendship on Tv shows, especially those very unlikely, created by unusual cirmustances between very different people
      Here's the comm-entry with all three links to the separate studies she'd done.
      Well, I'm not male but I can tell you those weird friendships happens .

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Interesting. But since I am not a slasher, I disagree with some points (I am actually beginning to hate slash because it seems to be everywhere these days, ruining stories and characters I like). I understand it was written after Season 1 but I think she never pointed out also Nick´s instability.
        I mean, she refers to him as a hero type, which he certainly is but "hero" doesn´t mean he has to be purely good.
        The part about him wanting a stable home after he probably moved a lot with Marie, makes sense so I understand his hesitation about telling Juliette and Hank. But as he has all insticts and powers of the Grimm, I think it would be good also add that maybe in time, he may change even more. She wrote correctly that Nick and Monroe were on the edge around each other in the beginning and now, they trust each other completely. I believe Nick would never hurt Monroe or Rosalee or any of his wesen neighbours. But as we saw with Angelina, there may be a problem with their close relatives or friends. If Nick knew they could be dangerous, he could go against their wishes and go get rid of the bad ones. I am not saying strictly kill but as we saw with Angelina, it is not easy to decide if he should be Grimm or cop first and I suspect, from his recent behaviour, that the Grimm side may be the one to come out more often.
        I love their friendship but I would love to see them to face some real trouble, some misunderstanding, like the one they had with Angelina. It was very early in Season 1, when they weren´t exactly friends so I am curious how it would be now. I guess we´ll find out.
        Monroe is with Rosalee now but it doesn´t mean he would allow Nick to hurt Angelina.
        Conflicts are part of any relationship. It´s not only happy times all the time so I can´t wait to see the writers taking the show and their friendship.
        It is one of the great things about Grimm - it is unpredictable

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I definitely would want to see Monroe's family. and assuming they are like typical bulbuds it would be interesting to see nick's reaction to them. I think (and like)that his grimm side comes out more than his cop side.
          sigpic

Comment

It's true, she's a slasher - I should have warn you, sorry for that *insert Nicks puppy eyes here*.
            And yeah, especially that parts about Nicks time with Marie and how he trusts Monroe more and more is really fascinating (and i have to admit that I mostly use her studies for my fanfics - which aren't slash either, maybe pre-slash but as I simply not see them together as a couple I'm more playing around with the fantasies of my readers than putting them together).

That's true, and I really can't await to watch next week's episode. I'm curious about how Angelinas return will turn out and what will Nick do to protect Monroe - and what will Monroe probably do to protect Angelina ... It's time that they have some ... complications in their friendship.

Interesting statement about "hating slash" BTW - so I felt (and sometimes I still feel) about SG. You know what? Never look into the German fandom, no matter which one, there are always countless slash-stories and for some fandoms (like SG) slasher are really heavy protected by Mods and Admins. No fun there . That's why I love to read fanfics in English (and I also love that I'm nearly the only German Grimm-writer at the moment . True, barely comments but no misguist ).

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              I definitely would want to see Monroe's family. and assuming they are like typical bulbuds it would be interesting to see nick's reaction to them. I think (and like)that his grimm side comes out more than his cop side.
              Mh, from Monroe's reaction in "Game Ogre" I think that his father is probably dead, and his Mom ... Don't know exactly but she should be very, very old now with a Brother who was alive during the 3. Reich. Maybe, when she is younger than him, she could be on the same age as my parents were, which means around her 70ths to the 80ths. I don't think she's a threat to anyone anymore.
              Well, another story is about other relatives. Monroe has cousins, maybe brothers and sisters, maybe nephews and nieces. That would be interesting to find out. Seems to be a pretty big family even when they lose two cousins (and a sheepdog) during a family-meeting .

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

I stopped reading (and writing) fan fiction some time ago. There is no time and it is really difficult for me to find one that would hold my attention. I am just too picky

I am wondering if they get to a situation when Nick will be forced to choose sides. I am curious how would also a meeting with other Grimms go. That would be also interesting because not every Grimm is Nick´s mother To protect Monroe, Rosalee and the others before other Grimms...Kill reapers is one thing, but Grimms are still his own. He may not feel it that way (yet) but as I understand, they are (however distant) relatives so it would also mean to go against a family of sorts.
                Soon after they started with royal families, I read a few theories that Grimms are, in fact, mercenaries, who can change sides. I thought Nick leading an uprising against royal families (who have obviously everybody under their control - sending Grimms to kill Wesen and Reapers to kill Grimms), with Wesen AND Grimms covering his back, could be an epic finale of (hopefully very distant) last season

Comment

Well, writing is a big part of my life, not only fanfics, also original stuff. Some time ago I had a chance to launch one of my original scripts at a major publisher and maybe become a real author on this way. Something I worked my entire life on *bitter laughing*. Well, that dream got bursted like dreams always tend to do *shrugs*. But I simply cannot give up the storytelling so I keep on writing, more and more fanfics because after what happened it's the only way for me to get recognized and can show that it's MY stuff . BTW, I'm a little lazy with developing my own worlds and characters right now. Writing fanfics is fun to me, like making fanart.

You know what? That's an idea I also had after the first time I watched 1.13 ... There's something really weird with this show ...

Well, as far as I've understood Kelly there were also more families who became Grimm, not only one. So the chance is fifty/fifty that they would be relatives. That Nick is feeling with others was showed in 1.14 when Monroe told him about that dead Grimm in Europe his cousin had told him about. But, don't know how other Grimm would react when they would find Nick. I hope after Marie and Farley it's not so rare for Grimm to have any kind of relationship with Wesen but maybe that's only about the US-Grimm, don't know. BTW that would be for interest for me: are there more Grimm in America? Or is it only the family around Nick? And why they left Europe? Because of the coins or was there something else going on?

Yeah, I also hope that there will be some other seasons. Don't know where but I've found one statement that they would need four to five seasons to tell their complete story (and again the magical five ... ). Well, with me this would be fine I only hope NBC will renew Grimm soon ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

I also write my original stuff but I never really finished something properly and I am probably too big coward to try to get something published I just don´t seem to have the time. I am on a sick leave now, that´s why I spend most of my time at discussion boards But when I get back to work, I will have a little time to even watch some of my favourite shows (thanks God Grimm airs on Friday so I can see it as soon as possible)

The question about other Grimms will be hopefully answered soon. I think that feeling with other Grimms and try to protect them is not something Nick can choose - it´s in his genes, literally so he may at least hesitate. I am wondering if there were some disputes among Grimms in the past. We know that Wesen have their own "food chain", where are stronger and weaker but Grimms seem to be on the same level so I am curious how it works now, when there are not so many of them left.
                    I think there are Grimms in the US - Monroe and the other Wesen know Grimms and are afraid of them. Those maybe just stories they heard from their families that brought them from Europe but Marie and Kelly and their father and their grandmother obviously lived in the US. If there were others? Possibly. But from what was told, not many of them.

I can´t wait to get answers for these questions - and I am sure they will be answered - because it would all mean a big deal for Nick and Monroe and a big test for their friendship.

Comment

I had several stories published during the years, two of them by another major publisher, to be correct, I had my first published story launched there *iz a bit proud about that*. Mostly horror-stuff, where I originally came from before I joined the SG-fandom.
                      Work ... the endless story *sigh*. I'm not working fulltime - or at least not often. And I have to say I chooce my jobs after how many time I will have off there. I'm a fullblooded writer and when it comes hard to me I can at least writing down 15 - 20 sites a day. There's than not much time left for anything else. In the right mood I forget simply everything besides writing and the story I'm working on. That was something I had to learn the hard way but finally I accepted it *shrugs*. I cannot change myself, I tried one time too often to leave the storys behind, everytime they came back and I was more into the whole stuff than before. I'm not earning much money, true, I could earn much more, also true. But with the decision between a lousy, bad paid job but time to "work in the right job" or getting a good paid job but going slowly crazy ... well, I accepted this path. It's only kinda hard to explain to the agencies.

Mh, we'll see. I haven't seen something weird when it came to Kelly. He wasn't really protecting her, he was more about to protect Monroe and to separate them. About other Grimm ... I hope we will see others some day. After all the failed attempts with the Wesen maybe it's time for a Grimm to show up in Portland to try to get the key. That could be pretty interesting ...
                      I'm not sure, I have to say. Monroe stated in the Pilot that he'd never seen a Grimm before, like, besides the Hundjäger (and Ian? Not sure), everyone else. True, Grimm are rare these days, but I have the feeling that there aren't anymore around in the US, don't ask me why. It would be interesting to learn when the family Kessler came to America because I also have the feeling that it was AFTER WWII when the coins disappeared. So, maybe the family left Europe to hide and protect the coins or the key or both. I really would love to learn more about the other keys ...

Well, at least we will learn about it next weekend. Godness, I'm so looking forward to that ep! (also because I really love Jaime Ray Newman)

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a friend who is a professional writer and he is at the same job as me. It is not too time-consuming, but unfortunately, it´s not in my town so I spend 3 hours a day in the bus on the way to work and back home. So I get home really tired and I have really only free weekends. I am also one of those unsatisfied people because in 10 years, this is about 5th job I have.

Maybe Nick being the only Grimm in the US (OK, except his mother) is why Renard wants to keep him in Portland? As he said, Juliette keeps him there and I am not sure he would want to stay if she died. I doubt he is that attached to his work right now that he couldn´t leave.
                        I love how many potential stories there are for Grimm so I can´t wait to see them.

Jaime Ray Newman is my girl crush I am going to Leverage convention in London in November and she will be there so I look forward to it

Comment

Same here. I'm mostly getting tired very fast about my current job. But as I'm not so young anymore and finding a job is getting harder and harder for me I try my best to stay in the one I have now (besides the fact, that I only have to cross the street to be there - yeah, I'm lazy, I know ).
                          I think I have nearly done everything when it comes down to publish, was for a (very) short time publisher myself, some more time editor and consultant, writer of course, critic ... but the only dream I ever had during my whole life was to become a real author and that one's ... *sighs* ... with the wrong friends gambling with your very life there can go wrong A LOT! At least I had to learn the hard way (once more) not to defend other people no matter whatever I may feel for them. Or, as my Mom always told me, there's only ONE person on this Earth which you can trust - and that's yourself. That's what I'm doing now and how I live - or try to live .

It would be a shame if Nick would leave Portland but I could understand why if Juliette had died or would die. I'm also thinking about the key and why Renard is staying in Portland himself. Remember that scene in season 1 when Nick try to figure out where the key-map could lead him to? He'd marked one or two locations. Maybe this hiding place IS there elsewhere and not in Europe and that's why Renard is staying there. As far as we know he's the only Royal in the US and I don't think he's managing the whole continent.

Oh yes, all this possibilities are great! That's what I love on that show too.

Envy you for meeting Jaime! I really love her acting, just watched that CSI:NY-ep she was in. To bad that they killed her off so fast . I would have loved to watch her during the whole ep and see her dieing the very last minute.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

I accidently found this video its great lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

That was hilarious "How we met..."...Monroe crashing through the window

Comment

OMG, I'm still so laughing my ass off! That's hilarious!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X