No announcement yet.

The Nick/Monroe Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many great moments in the last episode....I think Nick sitting next to Monroe´s bed was the best.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Looks like we will have a little bit of Nick/Monroe-friendship next Friday *hopeful*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I loved the scene in this past episode where Nick lends his weapon to Monroe to use as a decoration.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
          I loved the scene in this past episode where Nick lends his weapon to Monroe to use as a decoration.
          Yeah, it was such a great scene! Am capping that right now

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

As I wrote in the recap, this one little scene showed so much. How Nick and Monroe are VERY aware who the other one is, joke about it but still to be serious enough to know it´s difficult for the other one to deal with their family bloody histories (and their own inner struggle).

If it makes sense....

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

"Not so bad wolf" I like it! I feel so bad for Monroe after this latest episode.

Comment

Originally posted by anaesthetic View Post
                "Not so bad wolf" I like it! I feel so bad for Monroe after this latest episode.
                me too. that would be a really hard position to be placed in the middle of. he obviously has to tell Nick, which would be hard to do.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anaesthetic View Post
                  I am lost: when/where was this 'not so bad wolf' in the last episode?
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                    I am lost: when/where was this 'not so bad wolf' in the last episode?
                    I think it was relating to the opening post of this thread. There I'd written "the Grimm and his big, not so bad wolf".

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

BTS-shot from 2.12. Well, this chemistry is also there when you already SEE how they are working - at least in my opinion

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

It was great to see them together working again. Monroe doesn´t mind when Nick beats a crap out of people, Monroe helps Nick because he can see the bigger picture (they are here to kill us, so time for being a nice Grimm is over). Hank would probably protest and I am sure Nick will never tell him about this.

But it worries me that they had to put Hank to hospital to allow them to work together again. It looked like they weren´t sure how to make it work.
                        I think this arrangment - Nick moved to Monroe, so they can interact on daily basis, Monroe helping Nick in Grimm related stuff, is ideal.
                        Hank can be his police partner and deal with police matters, that will probably Wesen related but still police matters. The idea of having two partners (one official and one unofficial) used to work so I hope this sidelining Monroe for a couple of episodes was only a short period because they wanted to integrate Hank into the story.

Comment

Mh, I'm not completely sure after these interviews from David G. ... But maybe the "leaving the precinct" is after he'd beaten up Renard and is suspended for some time *hopeful*.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

As I understand it, Nick goes to do the Grimm stuff in his free time. I think it would be very demanding and it would probably show some effects on him. I don´t know...they still probably want to keep the procedural story intact. I am not sure why, since people love mostly non-procedural part - even with some very fun and interesting stories, I think they should focus more on the mythology of the Grimm/Wesen world now.
                            Last edited by Klenotka; 18 November 2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

That's true, but without Nick losing his job, please! I have to admit I like the badge and how he wears the weapon . True, they could focus the "monster of the week" more in his free time (just as you said, I'm not sure if Hank would had let him do what he'd done with Monroe to fight the Hundsjäger). So, I think they maybe will give him some ... well, spare time after his fight with Sean (which IS coming) so he himself can manage his new life at Monroe's, probably (hopeful) move the trailer somewhere else and maybe calm down a bit. I see them both do Pilates doing . Maybe Monroe is a kind of very ... uhm strict roomate, we'll see ...
                              What makes me really curious are two things:
                              1. What will happen to Renard after they both fought.
                              2. What about Rosalee and how will she react when sie noticed that Nick is now staying at Monroe's?
                              Saying this a third question comes to my mind:
                              3. How will Nick react when he finally notice Monrosalee? I don't think he's really aware of the romantic path his friend is now on *snickers*. And I have a scene in mind when Nick comes "home" from work to find Monroe and Rosalee kissing on Monroe's couch. I think this could hurt him again after the break with Juliette just happened.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

I believe that him and Nick will be allies. Maybe temorarily but I don´t believe Renard is really bad. I think he follows his own goals, yes. He manipulated Nick, wants to get to power but who knows what he wants to do with the key? Maybe to prevent the other families to get it first? I think they both need to put aside their differences and work together. I think it would be great to watch - the dynamics of the show and their relationship will certainly change. Even now, when they both know what is going on - like with Adelind - they lie to each other without blinking an eye (it is little concerning, btw., how easily Nick learnt to lie) and dance around each other with vague answers. If they could be honest - at least a little, it could help. Nick is not an ordinary Grimm and I think it will come to bite him eventually and Renard´s help could be useful. And vice versa.

I think Nick staying with Monroe has a great funny and dramatic potential...mostly funny I can see them driving each other crazy.
                                Nick is not exactly a peaceful type...trouble follows him and Monroe has his own schedule (however, a schedule that keeps him under control - maybe Nick should try it as well). So imagine Nick coming from work at 3:00 A.M (or from some Wesen hunt, who knows ), only to wake up Monroe or make a mess in a kitchen or a shower or something Monroe is not used to have people around, as we saw with Hap. He is very strict so it could be fun to watch.
                                I think Rosalee may be a little worried that it will draw unnecessary attention to Monroe (especially after what happened last time when Monroe had to "die" in order to survive) but I think she will get over it. Nick is her friend, too and I believe she will be very sympathetic to his situation.
                                As for Nick noticing Monrosalee - well, he probably takes them sort of as a "couple" anyway. Look how fast he accepted that when he calls Rosalee or Monroe, the other will be present as well. I think he is just too busy and worried to study it closer but it can be funny to see him avoiding them in their romantic moments. And also a little heartbreaking, considering the situation with Juliette.
                                But I think at the end of the season, Nick will end up in his trailer anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X