The Nick/Monroe Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nick/Monroe Friendship Thread

One of the first things I stumbled over in Grimm is this relationship between Nick and Monroe (which will hopeful continue in season 2). As I'm far away of slashing them (come on, Nick is bounded to Juliette, and Monroe definitely interested in Rosalee!) I love this friendship which is grown between them, especially because they are so different.
    So I think we need a thread to talk about the Grimm and his big, not so bad wolf

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

fully agree on that - they are really great friends! I am sure when they first met none of them would have even dreamed to become such good friends
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

We already know what Monroe was thinking about Nick in the Pilot. And I love how he tried to escape that friendship during the first episodes only to find his puppy-eyed Baby-Grimm again on his porch.
      About Nick ... I'm pretty sure he first saw only a possibility to find a well of information about this new world he was suddenly stucked in. But Monroe and his Blutbad-charme hit that really fast away, especially because Monroe started from the very beginning on to feed Nick with private informations about his family and own life.

Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

and Monroe got so concerned when he was waiting for the outcome of the Nick/Adalind 'meeting' - he realized that there was a very concrete possibility that Nick would not make it out of it alive and he wanted to go and help his friend
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's such a great scene!

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic

Comment

i love their friendship. epecially since it took them almost a whole season to admit that they were friends. i personally love when they try to figure out what part of their relationship they wouldn't have to lie to juliett about.

and i wonder if i'm the only one would thinks a Nick and Monroe stake out would be a good scene (and i mean just as friends not slasher).
            sigpic

Comment

Absolutely! Maennerabend!
              And that's as friendship-fan, no slash.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

I think this picture is ideal for this thread

Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

remember the episode where Monroe exasperatedly says that Nick should probably get his own set of keys for Monroe's house? just now I do not remember which one it was - but I am wondering if in the meantime Nick got his own keys
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

Their friendship is one of my favourite things on the show as well. I love their weird conversations ("What´s my favourite color?"...."I feel so much closer to you now" )
                      Monroe was basically Nick´s first mentor. For both of them, it is an achievement. Nick with his untouched, unspoilt perspective (he wasn´t raised as a Grimm so has his own ideas how to do things) persuated Monroe that Grimm can be a good person and I think he could get VERY protective over Monroe. And Monroe maybe even feels proud that it was him who showed Nick everything he knew, helped him and also made him a "good Grimm". If it makes sense
                      Last edited by Klenotka; 19 August 2012, 11:37 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I agree. without meeting Monroe, who knows what Nick would have become.
                        sigpic

Comment

Captured a little bit from "Plumed Serpent" - originally for making art. But some caps are Art

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                            Captured a little bit from "Plumed Serpent" - originally for making art. But some caps are Art

have you seen the logo just below Monroe? it says "Fashion Star"
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                              have you seen the logo just below Monroe? it says "Fashion Star"
                              Yeah, isn't that an accurate description

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X