Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Nick/Monroe Friendship Thread

Actually, I thought he might have his own key. Nick ran away after all and left Monroe there.
    I hope in more interaction in the future, too and involving Hank now could be a fun. Nick creating his "scooby gang" will make it easier for all the characters to interact
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2...user6gpaw9.gif

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Searching the Lebensauger who's sucking on my back

Yeah, but he could also gave his key to Monroe, don't know.
    Well, about Hank becoming part of Nick's Grimm-gang ... we will see. For now I have problems with involving him too deep. But maybe I'm wrong there and it will turn out as a big success for all. We'll see what TPTB is doing with that ...

Hehe, the classic "Mummy Coyotl and Daddy Coyotl love each other very much". I love Nick's face there - priceless!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi

LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Quote Originally Posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    Yeah, but he could also gave his key to Monroe, don't know.
    Well, about Hank becoming part of Nick's Grimm-gang ... we will see. For now I have problems with involving him too deep. But maybe I'm wrong there and it will turn out as a big success for all. We'll see what TPTB is doing with that ...
    I feel this way too. I'm glad that he knows (or at least doesn't think hes crazy anymore). but i'm afraid Hank knowing would take away from the Monroe and Nick friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    i feel this way too. I'm glad that he knows (or at least doesn't think hes crazy anymore). But i'm afraid hank knowing would take away from the monroe and nick friendship.
    this!

Sig & Avi by Josi

LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

It is difficult. Hank was an underdeveloped character and I never really felt Nick and Hank as real partners, just colleagues. This could help Hank´s character and also create a different relationship between them. It is possible that Hank will tell Nick "I know, but I want nothing to have with this". Different people react to different people in different ways. So I am sure it would take nothing from Nick and Monroe´s friendship. Hank and Nick would just be in "police" world as it was now, only with a big change that Hank is not in the dark anymore.
    I, for example, want to see more Nick/Rosalee interaction because the way they talked about Nick hiding his secret in her first episode was one of the best scenes in Season 1.
    And the best shows are defined by mixing characters and relationships without taking away what is specific and good about them

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

I'm with you. On one hand I'm reliefed that Hank does know now about the Wesen und that Nick is a Grimm and he's not going crazy. But I don't see them as a triangle (Nick/Monroe/Hank) working together.
    Nick seems to me like someone who is automatically hiding things from others, maybe because of his loss (if or if not Mummy Burkhardt is alive, at last he tought for 18 years she was dead - and his Dad IS dead). As he'd told Juliette in season 1 (Love Sick) that he doesn't talk much about private things with Hank. During more or less the first half of the season 1 he also tries to act this way with Monroe. But whatever Monroe did he finally made the wall Nick was hiding behind coming down - but (again) not completely as Monroe became one of Nick's personal secrets of his own. That's why I love the scene in "Leave it to the Beavers" so much when Nick tells Monroe about Juliette's invitation and he's panicking in Monroe's kitchen about their relationship.
    Back to Hank I cannot see how this would work. One thing I love about Grimm that the characters are different but also archetype. As I see Monroe as Nick's sidekick I don't see how Hank would fit into this team. As you've said, Hank deciding to stay as Nick's partner for the police - that's fine with me, Hank entering the Wesen-world ... that doesn't work out good for Hank at last I fear. He isn't prepared for what is going on out there and Nick would be a lot more vulnerable with Hank by his side - and he's vulnerable enough in my opinion with Juliette (no matter if or if she not remembers, at least they are living together and he loves her).

About Nick/Rosalee - I am so with you! Would love to see more with them together!

Sig & Avi by Josi

some nice Nick and Monroe moments

Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing, mi_guard!
    My boyz, they are just my boyz

Sig & Avi by Josi

I loved how Monroe seemed jealous when Nick called Rosalee instead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Klenotka View Post
    I loved how Monroe seemed jealous when Nick called Rosalee instead of him
    I'm pretty sure he not only seemed jealous
    God, they had so good scenes together in the first season. I really hope there will be some more in season 2 ... *sigh*

Sig & Avi by Josi

well in this past episode when Nick calls and they are both there

Yeah, it was a great scene. And I was glad to see them talking also about a personal stuff, not just Nick asking "what is this?"

well in this past episode when Nick calls and they are both there
    I was so laughing my ass offf there ! OMG, one good advice: Never, never ever watch a new episode of Grimm during breakfast. It's not good for you, it's not good for your breakfast and it's not good for your laptop ...

Sig & Avi by Josi

Sig & Avi by Josi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    I was so laughing my ass offf there ! OMG, one good advice: Never, never ever watch a new episode of Grimm during breakfast. It's not good for you, it's not good for your breakfast and it's not good for your laptop ...
    that i can relate too, except it was lunch .

that i can relate too, except it was lunch .
    Dinner anyone ?

Sig & Avi by Josi

Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

That´s cute I saw some of their interviews and they are obviously friends also behind the scenes

I just watched episode Of Mouse and Man and the scene at the end, with Nick and Monroe saying "we are not going to give up this" after Monroe was attacked gave me goosebumps. It was, I think, one of the definitive confirmation of their trust.
    While I believe (after rewatching Game Ogre) that Nick sent Monroe to his trailer purely for practical reasons (he couldn´t and there was nobody else to do it) and he wouldn´t have revealed the trailer to Monroe for a while without the attack, this scene showed that Monroe wanted to help Nick for the first time without any specific reason. He was reluctant helper in previous episodes but I think after he was beaten by other wesen (probably sent by reapers), he was determined to help Nick.
    Simply put, I loved that scene

Yeah, that scene also gives me goosebumps every time I watch it! Another one is in "Last Grimm Standing" when Nick decides to go into the fight-cage to keep Monroe save. Monroes mimic in that moment when he's realizing that Nick would give his life for him (no matter if or if there's no backup coming, that croco-creature could have killed both in that time the backup needed to go there).
    About the scene in Game Ogre ... Nick is definetely hesitating before he tells Monroe about the trailer. I think it IS a big sign of his trust to give the key to Monroe und tell him about the Airstream. After I've finished season 1 today (with a big rewatch of the three-parter ) I'm again thinking a lot about how the different relationships are growing during season 1. Game Ogre is a key-moment in their relationship because all the time Nick also have Marie's warning in mind about Wesen and that they better never learn about the trailer. And just Kelly reminds him again on that, when he drives her there.
    True, there's no one else there who he can send in Game Ogre but his hesitating before he finally tells Monroe about his inheritage also makes me think. And after Game Ogre their relationship (aka friendship here, I'm not a slasher - usually) changes. Nick is much more open to Monroe than before.
    That's what I love on the show, we actually SEE how this friendship is growing not like on SGA where Shep and McKay suddenly and out of the blue became buddies (don't get me wrong here, I still love McShep-friendship, but I never got how this friendship began).

Sig & Avi by Josi