Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we ever would've seen Sgt. Curtis and Dr. Palmer again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think we ever would've seen Sgt. Curtis and Dr. Palmer again?

That's basically the question. They were the two who, in "Air" decided to dial one of the addresses locked out by Destiny, and were never heard from again. Do you think we ever would've seen them again, found out whether or not they survived on that planet, and why it was locked out by Destiny in the first place?

I realize they were minor characters, so I doubt the show would've addressed that again, but still.. I would've liked to know.

Destiny usually locks those planets out for a reason. All the locked out planets have something negative about them. So I believe they are dead
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Chances are no, they were used to show that Destiny had chosen a path for them to follow as opposed to just jumping out anywhere. Also maybe to thin out the herd a little.

My SGU continuation has them return later on with a very interesting story to tell.

Comment

I was under the impression the Destiny team went and got them. There was a line where Young said "we'll go get them when we've sorted such and such out" or something like that, so I always assumed that when what's his face went for the Lyme they also sent a team to go get the others using another Destiny pad.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          Chances are no, they were used to show that Destiny had chosen a path for them to follow as opposed to just jumping out anywhere. Also maybe to thin out the herd a little.

My SGU continuation has them return later on with a very interesting story to tell.
          Hey, mine too(well, in mine only Palmer comes back but still)!!
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Blimey, according to the Stargate wiki they really didn't bring them back and they really were lost! what an awesome opportunity for a return episode. So many possibilities to bring them back. Can't believe they didn't write anything. shocking.
            I'm going to assume that Sgt. Curtis and Dr. Palmer found a lush Earthlike planet and decided to populate it with many offspring. lol

Comment

I think they were red-shirts who were lucky enough to get names.
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

Considering that Eli couldn't contact them, I presume they either somehow lost their radio(s). Whether they died is a mystery. They were redshirts.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

It would be interesting to see them come back and having an amazing story to tell but I think it would be a bit "visitation" or "common descent"-esque.

Comment

Originally posted by YceQueen View Post
                    That's basically the question. They were the two who, in "Air" decided to dial one of the addresses locked out by Destiny, and were never heard from again. Do you think we ever would've seen them again, found out whether or not they survived on that planet, and why it was locked out by Destiny in the first place?

I realize they were minor characters, so I doubt the show would've addressed that again, but still.. I would've liked to know.
                    They might have survived but there wouldn't be much of a future for them unless that mysterious powerful, yet unseen alien race picked them up or somehow assisted them. That could've eventually led to them returning to Destiny. However, I doubt that would've happened. Just as well, they could have met their fate and died on that planet.

Another possible means of bringing them back would be through an alternate universe or alternate time line. Given the writers' past patterns with those kinds of stories, Curtis and Palmer probably would've ended up returning to their universe or time line, or perhaps even marooned again on another planet.
                    Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                    Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                    What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                    An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                    When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                    Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Working...
                    X