Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing about this episode and the ponds exit storyline is

Spoiler:
    Yes, they got sent back in time, and yes Rory saw his own grave, so they cannot return to the present, but does that really mean the doctor has to stop seeing them? he could always go back to the time they got sent back to, take them on adventures and send them back there, maybe even a quick hello to family members for Rory, just because They have an end date doesnt mean they have an end, i'm thinking this was intentional so they could some how return one day, kinda like Rose

just reiterating what most people have said
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I got the impression they were trying to make it more permanent. As a way of saying, "That's it, we're done with them. Onto the next companion." Even if there are plot holes and/or technical ways of having them return, that doesn't mean TPTB will do it.
      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        One thing about this episode and the ponds exit storyline is

Spoiler:
        Yes, they got sent back in time, and yes Rory saw his own grave, so they cannot return to the present, but does that really mean the doctor has to stop seeing them? he could always go back to the time they got sent back to, take them on adventures and send them back there, maybe even a quick hello to family members for Rory, just because They have an end date doesnt mean they have an end, i'm thinking this was intentional so they could some how return one day, kinda like Rose

just reiterating what most people have said
        I hope he does... would be sad if TPTB didn't have him visit.

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
        I got the impression they were trying to make it more permanent. As a way of saying, "That's it, we're done with them. Onto the next companion." Even if there are plot holes and/or technical ways of having them return, that doesn't mean TPTB will do it.
        Spoiler:
        River still needs to write the book so obviously she can go and visit any time and give Amy the book to publish. ...I have plot ideas in my head, but no time to write a fanfic... ugh.... Would be nice if River got Doctor to visit..... especially when River has to say "good-bye" to her parents.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Spoiler:
          River still needs to write the book so obviously she can go and visit any time and give Amy the book to publish. ...I have plot ideas in my head, but no time to write a fanfic... ugh.... Would be nice if River got Doctor to visit..... especially when River has to say "good-bye" to her parents.
          River has a Vortex Manipulator like Jacks one, she can travel to any point in time without the use of the tardis, so maybe she can say hey sweetie lets go and visit mummy and daddy
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            River has a Vortex Manipulator like Jacks one, she can travel to any point in time without the use of the tardis, so maybe she can say hey sweetie lets go and visit mummy and daddy
            I thought the one she had was Jack's....unless all Time Agents are handsome.....I love your thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Spoiler:
              True. =) And yeah, I get fanfic ideas a lot, but can never actually write them. >.<
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode, partly because it was Amy's last *activates force shields*. Mostly for the time issues involved. Sad ending for the doctor to lose the companions that way, but...
                I did find the Statue of Liberty marching up to the building to be a tad silly.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                  True. =) And yeah, I get fanfic ideas a lot, but can never actually write them. >.<
                  Glad I'm not the only one... maybe one day I'll get the ambition to do it. Been ages since I wrote anything long.
                  Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  I liked this episode, partly because it was Amy's last *activates force shields*. Mostly for the time issues involved. Sad ending for the doctor to lose the companions that way, but...
                  I did find the Statue of Liberty marching up to the building to be a tad silly.
                  Was definitely sad, but so well done. I thought seeing Lady Liberty as an "angel" was such a cool idea. We say the statue with the mom and boy move so why not her. Gotta through in that "NO WAY!" idea in once in awhile. IMHO.

Comment

Just finished a re-watch. Wow. A sad, sweet, powerful goodbye to the doctor's beloved companions (and in-laws). The episode hits all the right emotional notes for Amy and Rory's departure. Speaking of notes, Murray Gold outdid himself. I'm eager for the series seven soundtrack.

Others are correct, however, to observe that TPTB were sloppy with the rest. They need to adhere to their own established rules and also restrain themselves from excesses like the Statue of Liberty going for a walk.

So, story was emotionally pitch-perfect but but logically incoherent. I liked it, but inattention to the verse's rules snapped my suspension of disbelief more than I'd like.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I'm sure they'll find a way to get the Ponds back, like The Doctor landing in New Jersey and just taking a bus, or perhaps travelling to a different part of the planet and just flying the Tardis there.
                    Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                    or a vortex manipulator, like presumably River used to give amy the book to afterword
                    Yes, the doctor's insistence that Amy and Rory are lost to him appears arbitrary -- present only to serve a dramatic requirement -- considering what we've seen in the show. Okay, so the TARDIS can't land in Manhattan in 1938. Not really an issue. Land nearby. Land a year later. Pick them up with River's vortex manipulator. Their loss is poignant but nonsense.

Comment

No ! You cannot say that their loss is nonsense. Well, yes it is actually.

I thought it was a rather clumsy way to ensure that Amy and Rory are lost to the Doctor in relation to the show. Karen had made it clear she didn't want to return. Arthur seemed more relaxed.

However, I did find it really nice that they didn't die. They went back in time and had their life together. That made their leaving far easier.

The episode was good, though not for the first time a major plot point hangs on Rory being a total idiot !. Didn't anyone tell him when you escape you don't go looking around the graveyard, you get into the TARDIS and GO !!!!

Comment

I enjoyed this one, and I'm glad Amy and Rory got the chance to live out their lives together.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X