Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Searching the Lebensauger who's sucking on my back

Default Re: Grimm Fanfic and/or Art

Quote Originally Posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Yeah, maybe after Ashes I really need to work on that one first, lol..
    Something I will look forward to ! As I do to the next chapter of "Ashes"

I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Most people are understanding when it comes to English being a second language and such. I do semi-remember the fic you mentioned and I remembered reading it but I don't really remember it
    Well, I never gave out more than one or two scenes as "trailers". Actually Grace said to me that there would be "a lot of work" to do to bring that story on the safe side. And I'm not sure if I will have the strength to do so. Just now I've no interest in SGA anymore.
    I think my problem with writing in a different language is simple that I tend to fall in a kind of trance when I'm writing. In German it's no problem, it's my native tongue and I can explain and draw pictures with words that others can imagine. In English it's another story because I cannot dive this deep as I can in German (I hope you get what I mean here) because sometimes I have to look into a dictionary, have to rebuilt sentences because the grammar is different, etc. What I have to say after this few trails is that I now have a lot of respect to those authors and writers who are doing their jobs in different languages. Heck, I even became a translator for a fansite because I wanted to dig deeper into English to learn sayings and some other stuff.
    To be correct, five years ago I wasn't really able to write down a simple sentence the right way. After I became that outsider of the German SG-fandom but I didn't want to leave the shows I loved alone my only chance was to relearn English - and it was a tough way I choosed. And I'm proud of what I've done since I made that decision to join and be a part of the English fandom.
    Or, just like for Grimm, there are only a few German fans out there, and, as far as I know, there is only one other German really joining the net-fandom. Could be wrong here but there aren't more than a handful of Germans and the most of them are quiet readers and not interested in chatting with others in a different language. Sad but true

So I can sign you in about a translation? Or you don't have the time to read. it's okay with me if not, don't worry

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi

LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Not completely generous ...
    There are some new Grimm-related WPs out there at LJ. It's also a voting but not sure if this one is open to everyone or you have to be at least member of LJ *scratches forehead*.
    Anyway, there are some pretties among the WPs so maybe it's for interest here.
    Check it out

Sig & Avi by Josi

LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    There are some new Grimm-related WPs out there at LJ. It's also a voting but not sure if this one is open to everyone or you have to be at least member of LJ *scratches forehead*.
    Check it out
    you need to log in before you can vote - just did it nice ones
    Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

just thinking about what has been revealed about Renard in the episode "The Kiss"
    Spoiler:
    Renard's creature form is not exactly what most of the fanfiction writers expected and had described in their fics - I am wondering if this may change the future fictions or not
    Grimm returns October 24

That will be interesting to find out. Good that I never wrote down what I suspected him to be. As far as I can say I'm wrong too but I don't have to change anything (and for me it's still no Hexenbiest )

Sig & Avi by Josi

That will be interesting to find out. Good that I never wrote down what I suspected him to be. As far as I can say I'm wrong too but I don't have to change anything (and for me it's still no Hexenbiest )
    it is Sasha Roiz himself in an interview telling that he is a Hexenbiest

ps like your avatar and siggy - it seems to say that the Sleeping Beauty is Nick and not Juliette
    Grimm returns October 24

Well, for me in that scene it was definetely Nick acting the sleeping beauty's awakening . Thanks, glad that you like the set .

Sasha said he's a half Hexenbiest and according to Jessica Tuck's character he's "literally a bastard". so, what about the other half of this royal bastard?

Sig & Avi by Josi

As I was asked several times during the last weeks about writing down fics and how ideas are working on me, how to develope, etc. and because tomorrow my first bigger Grimm-fic "Der Fall Madeleine" (The Case Madeleine) will come to an end I think I will give you a glimpse of what is going on in my head.
    After the fic was such a success (thanks to all the readers, it was a pleasure to entertain you , and thanks for that great critics I got for it *blushes*) I'm seriously thinking about a return of badass!Natalie to Portland, this time it will be very personal for her IF I will write down what I have in mind for her. Don't know what had bitten me today but I wrote down a small sneak-pic of a possible sequel. A title is already there: Der Fall Caroline (The Case Caroline).
    Wanna have a look? It's English, well, my bad English, but I think it's understandable ...

Spoiler:
    Nick looked up when he heard the light footsteps. He took a deep breath and moved around to look up at Natalie.
    The Wesen stared at him without any expression besides a rhythmically twitch in her cheek.
    "I'm sorry about your loss", Nick said finally after the silence between them lasted too long.
    Natalie continued staring down at him.
    Nick sighed. "Look, I will give you a call whenever I will find something and can lay my hand on it. We will catch this bastard, I promise."
    Natalie looked over to Hank's empty chair and suddenly Nick got a real bad feeling.
    "Nick?" Captain Renard said, coming over to his working place.
    Nick still watched Natalie suspiciously but nodded. "Sir?"
    "In this case we will unite with the FBI", Renard said to him. "You will team up with Agent Furlong."
    "What?" Nick moved around and stared at Natalie. "No way!"
    "Nick, that's an order", Renard said vividly.
    Now it was one of Nick's cheek-muscles twitching. "Sir, she is too close!"
    "I am the agent investigating this case", Natalie declared in this moment, moved her head and looked at Nick very seriously. "It's a serial killer active all around the states. Now he's here in Portland, I expected him to be in Seattle. That's why I was here this fast."
    Nick began to understand. "This murderer is up against ... ?"
    Natalie only nodded and Nick realized the truth:
    The murderer of Caroline Witten was up against Wesen!

That's the scene I first had in mind about a possible sequel. If I will decide to write it down completely I have to build up the beginning and working out the investigation. And, oh Lord!, what I've in mind for both, Nick and Natalie, is ways too funny after she kicked his butt so often in the first fic
    And yes, I'm imaginating fics in English but usually finally I write them down in German (bad English and all my betas tend to disappear after the first chapter ... *sighs*).

Well, If I will write it down I will let you know
    Last edited by Hyndara71; August 23rd, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Sig & Avi by Josi

well, I would be a reader
    Grimm returns October 24

Awe, thank you!

Sig & Avi by Josi

Check it out
    Hey, I'm a member/MOD of that comm! I issue the fanfic challenges for the comm; speaking of which, I need to post the results and let people vote for them.

Coming January 2017

Quote Originally Posted by mi_guard View Post
    just thinking about what has been revealed about Renard in the episode "The Kiss"
    Spoiler:
    Renard's creature form is not exactly what most of the fanfiction writers expected and had described in their fics - I am wondering if this may change the future fictions or not
    I don't plan on changing a thing I like having him be a Regnant rather than a bastard Hexenbiest.

Coming January 2017

Hey, I'm a member/MOD of that comm! I issue the fanfic challenges for the comm; speaking of which, I need to post the results and let people vote for them.
    Nice set, M !
    Yeah, I saw that. Well, as I'm not really into writing in English I think I will skip your ff-challenges, sorry. But was thrilled to learn that you are Mod there .
    BTW, art ... new CellWP:

Sig & Avi by Josi

OOo! Love that pic Hyn!!!! I made a Cell Wallie of David and it looked pretty good.

Yeah, I figured you weren't going to take part of the challenges.. Heck, I don't even take part, mostly because my brain craps out on me, lol..

Oh, and thanks! lg made it about a year ago.

Coming January 2017

OOo! Love that pic Hyn!!!! I made a Cell Wallie of David and it looked pretty good.

Yeah, I figured you weren't going to take part of the challenges.. Heck, I don't even take part, mostly because my brain craps out on me, lol..

Oh, and thanks! lg made it about a year ago.
    I have a crush on that scene! Love it sooo much when he wakes up at the trailer und looks so dozy and sleepy! I so had to make a new WP for my phone !
    Would love to see your CellWP
    Usually I don't do challenges, especially when it comes down to contests with winners as in grimm_challenge. But ... this show soo deserve art, no matter how bad the art is! So I decided to participate. I'm in with the WP-challenge and sent today five "emotion"-icons for the new challenge. Well, at least you will have someone always placed on the last ranks

Sig & Avi by Josi

I have a crush on that scene! Love it sooo much when he wakes up at the trailer und looks so dozy and sleepy! I so had to make a new WP for my phone !
    Would love to see your CellWP
    Usually I don't do challenges, especially when it comes down to contests with winners as in grimm_challenge. But ... this show soo deserve art, no matter how bad the art is! So I decided to participate. I'm in with the WP-challenge and sent today five "emotion"-icons for the new challenge. Well, at least you will have someone always placed on the last ranks
    I spotted one that has a lot of the textures/backgrounds that I have on my comp, lol..

Here's the Cell WP pic:

Coming January 2017

I spotted one that has a lot of the textures/backgrounds that I have on my comp, lol..

Here's the Cell WP pic:
    http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/..._PhoneWP-1.jpg
    Love it!
    Mh, my mouth is shut till Sunday . I'm in with three WPs, that I can tell you. And yes, one of them I used more than one textures.

Sig & Avi by Josi

Love it!
    Mh, my mouth is shut till Sunday . I'm in with three WPs, that I can tell you. And yes, one of them I used more than one textures.
    Thanks!

I don't vote on art, lol, because I can recognize that I wouldn't make stuff half as good so I don't judge.

Coming January 2017

Thanks!

I don't vote on art, lol, because I can recognize that I wouldn't make stuff half as good so I don't judge.
    Well, I voted but not for mine.
    About quality ... I think we ourselves are out of question if it's good or not about the art we are making. I recogniced myself that, since I started to make art myself I tend to take a deeper look into other art and am sometimes a little bit more ... critizing it than I did before. Depends on what I see. Maybe that's why I'm a little overcritizing one of the other WPs because it looks much like the one I finally refused to send in because I thought that it wouldn't look very good.
    Well, I don't say anything in public, only had a small chat with someone on the phone. She checked the entries out and we talked about it a bit. Don't know if she know which are mine or not. As she's no member of LJ it's pretty useless *shrugs*

Sig & Avi by Josi

Well, I voted but not for mine.
    Spoiler:
    About quality ... I think we ourselves are out of question if it's good or not about the art we are making. I recogniced myself that, since I started to make art myself I tend to take a deeper look into other art and am sometimes a little bit more ... critizing it than I did before. Depends on what I see. Maybe that's why I'm a little overcritizing one of the other WPs because it looks much like the one I finally refused to send in because I thought that it wouldn't look very good.
    Well, I don't say anything in public, only had a small chat with someone on the phone. She checked the entries out and we talked about it a bit. Don't know if she know which are mine or not. As she's no member of LJ it's pretty useless *shrugs*
    And see, I'm a bit more critical but I'm also a lot more forgiving as well because I doubt I'd make anything that good, you know?

Coming January 2017