The Last Of The Goa'uld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Of The Goa'uld

I was thinking about how could the Goa'uld become a threat once more and I've had this idea in my head floating around for a while now.
    Basically the backstory is this...

Not long after Ra and the Goa'uld were chased away from Earth the Goa'uld Hephaestus was discovered to be building a secret weapon to use against the system lords. Hephaestus wasn't a powerful Goa'uld and was actually a Goa'uld scientist and pretty much most of the technology used by the Goa'uld was either obtained by pillaging ancient technology or was back engineered or designed from scratch by the Goa'uld Hephaestus, he was very clever and considered a treasure trove of intelligence. Hephaestus was an underling of Ra, when Ra discovered the weapon Hephaestus had no alternative but to escape. He tried to obtain a power base within the Milky Way but was constantly uprooted by the wrath of the System Lords. He knew of no alternative but to leave the Milky Way Galaxy entirely in the hopes of securing a power base in another Galaxy so he could build his power and might and possibly return in the future to exact revenge on the System Lords and get rid of them once and for all.
    He built a ship, loaded it with Humans, grabbed a dozen stargates and headed for a nearby dwarf Galaxy. Once there he seeded the Stargates on Naquadah rich planets and built mining colonies. One of the worlds, an Earth type planet, he took to be his home planet and built a great city around his landed mothership.

For thousands of years Hephaestus spread Humans all across the dwarf galaxy and built his very own Stargate network with which to control his empire, he's built an enormous fleet of ships and placed every occupied planet under the protection of defence platforms. Never has a Goa'uld had such immense power. Throughout the whole time he was in exile he regularly gated to the Milky Way in order to keep updated on the Other Goa'uld and to search out technology.

Now growing bored Hephaestus has decided to re-visit the Milky Way Galaxy to enact his revenge against the system lords, unknown to him however is that since his last visit the Goa'uld are all gone, defeated by the Tau'ri. So when he arrives with his flagship and battle fleet perhaps he decides the Tau'ri can be the target instead.

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
    I was thinking about how could the Goa'uld become a threat once more and I've had this idea in my head floating around for a while now.
    Basically the backstory is this...

Not long after Ra and the Goa'uld were chased away from Earth the Goa'uld Hephaestus was discovered to be building a secret weapon to use against the system lords. Hephaestus wasn't a powerful Goa'uld and was actually a Goa'uld scientist and pretty much most of the technology used by the Goa'uld was either obtained by pillaging ancient technology or was back engineered or designed from scratch by the Goa'uld Hephaestus, he was very clever and considered a treasure trove of intelligence. Hephaestus was an underling of Ra, when Ra discovered the weapon Hephaestus had no alternative but to escape. He tried to obtain a power base within the Milky Way but was constantly uprooted by the wrath of the System Lords. He knew of no alternative but to leave the Milky Way Galaxy entirely in the hopes of securing a power base in another Galaxy so he could build his power and might and possibly return in the future to exact revenge on the System Lords and get rid of them once and for all.
    He built a ship, loaded it with Humans, grabbed a dozen stargates and headed for a nearby dwarf Galaxy. Once there he seeded the Stargates on Naquadah rich planets and built mining colonies. One of the worlds, an Earth type planet, he took to be his home planet and built a great city around his landed mothership.

For thousands of years Hephaestus spread Humans all across the dwarf galaxy and built his very own Stargate network with which to control his empire, he's built an enormous fleet of ships and placed every occupied planet under the protection of defence platforms. Never has a Goa'uld had such immense power. Throughout the whole time he was in exile he regularly gated to the Milky Way in order to keep updated on the Other Goa'uld and to search out technology.

Now growing bored Hephaestus has decided to re-visit the Milky Way Galaxy to enact his revenge against the system lords, unknown to him however is that since his last visit the Goa'uld are all gone, defeated by the Tau'ri. So when he arrives with his flagship and battle fleet perhaps he decides the Tau'ri can be the target instead.
    Interesting theory. Even though I've watched all SG series several times...I don't remember Hephaestus.
    sigpic

Comment

Eh?
      I've made him up. My attempt at bringing back the Goa'uld as a threat but a different kind of threat and more formidable. In other words we wouldn't necessarily get the old pyramid ships and Jaffa and staff weapons scenario like we did with previous Goa'uld. He's been in his own little Galaxy building his own empire and designing his own technology for several thousand years, he could be something Goa'uld but also fresh to the imagination.
      Something much darker, more sinister, much more intelligent and less pantomime like the other Goa'uld.

Comment

Eh?
        I've made him up. My attempt at bringing back the Goa'uld as a threat but a different kind of threat and more formidable. In other words we wouldn't necessarily get the old pyramid ships and Jaffa and staff weapons scenario like we did with previous Goa'uld. He's been in his own little Galaxy building his own empire and designing his own technology for several thousand years, he could be something Goa'uld but also fresh to the imagination.
        Something much darker, more sinister, much more intelligent and less pantomime like the other Goa'uld.
        I understand...I was just thinking maybe I had a brain fart or something and forgot a Goa'uld.

But I do like your idea. Its sortta a spin on the evil Asgard that live in the Pegasus galaxy.
        sigpic

Comment

In the Hephaestian Galaxy every planet has a king (sort of like first primes) who answer directly to Hephaestus, this king (who is Human) has their own primary ship (which remains parked on their own planet) and smaller ships and control their own planet like in a pyramid like command structure. The lower down the pecking order you are the less you actually know about anything. All Kings are implanted with a termination device that can kill them any time Hephaestus wishes, in order to retain control over them and their domain.
          The gate onboard Hephaestus' ship is by his own design the only one capable of dialing out of the Galaxy and the only one that any other galaxy stargate can connect to ensuring his little empire remains inaccessible by others.

Comment

In the Hephaestian Galaxy every planet has a king (sort of like first primes) who answer directly to Hephaestus, this king (who is Human) has their own primary ship (which remains parked on their own planet) and smaller ships and control their own planet like in a pyramid like command structure. The lower down the pecking order you are the less you actually know about anything. All Kings are implanted with a termination device that can kill them any time Hephaestus wishes, in order to retain control over them and their domain.
            The gate onboard Hephaestus' ship is by his own design the only one capable of dialing out of the Galaxy and the only one that any other galaxy stargate can connect to ensuring his little empire remains inaccessible by others.
            Still sounding like a good story! You've really thought this out well.
            sigpic

Comment

could be interesthing if you told the story mainly from Hephaestus point of view
              instead of the usual way SG fiction is told

Comment

Promising story, I agree with oXyTec, told from the Goa'uld's POV it could be a really fresh fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by oXyTeC View Post
                  could be interesthing if you told the story mainly from Hephaestus point of view
                  instead of the usual way SG fiction is told
                  Originally posted by jondon2112 View Post
                  Promising story, I agree with oXyTec, told from the Goa'uld's POV it could be a really fresh fanfic.
                  Interesting idea, and I like it. I always like when we see a story from another POV.
                  sigpic

Comment

hmmm, good idea, we get to see his life under Ra and the time of his expulsion etc
                    If it IS from his point of view then we get to see what the Tau'ri seem like to a Goa'uld who has no idea who they are etc, so we see the Tau'ri from a whole different perspective too really as the only view of them we get is from the Goa'ulds.

Comment

Working...
                    X