Baal's Time Machine On Praxia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal's Time Machine On Praxia

Just watched Continuum after forgetting what it was all about and just realised the machine on Praxia built by Baal to locate solar flares is still there, fully functioning. So do we know what's happened to it? did Stargate Command send a team to seize control of it?
    It basically gives Earth the ability to time travel whenever they want to, surely they've took control of it? or have they destroyed it?

They don't know about it at all.

Comment

How would they know it exists?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I thought they had that ancient vehicle that O'Neill used to transport them back to ancient Eygpt? So, why would they need Baal's machine?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          How would they know it exists?
          haha! good point, my brain skipped that little point. Dang.
          Well it's still out there, I'm surprised with so many teams gating about on a daily basis they don't discover it.

Comment

Maybe they do know about it... Old Mitchell might have communicated the info to the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              I thought they had that ancient vehicle that O'Neill used to transport them back to ancient Eygpt? So, why would they need Baal's machine?
              Slight flaw, it can only go hundreds or thousands of years back and forth. It's method of time travel is not precise. Between Mitchell, Carter, and Jackson... no Ancient gene to fly it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                Slight flaw, it can only go hundreds or thousands of years back and forth. It's method of time travel is not precise. Between Mitchell, Carter, and Jackson... no Ancient gene to fly it.
                What about the gene therapy used in SGA?
                sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't be available to them while they were trapped in the alternate timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Wouldn't be available to them while they were trapped in the alternate timeline.
                    Why would anybody be trapped in an alternate timeline? the timeline is now back to normal. Nobody said anything about the team should have used Janus' time machine in the film, they were just pointing out they don't need to go find the Praxia device (in the normal timeline) because they can time travel without it.

Comment

Ah, I thought we were talking about an alternate means of restoring history in the movie. Whoops.

Comment

You all forget that the entire facility went kaboom when Teal'c said dying to the newly arrived Goa'uld Quetesh that: Quetesh, I die free and dropped a bomb. So there is nothing to find.
                        Tha end.
                        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                          You all forget that the entire facility went kaboom when Teal'c said dying to the newly arrived Goa'uld Quetesh that: Quetesh, I die free and dropped a bomb. So there is nothing to find.
                          Tha end.
                          That was in the altered timeline, when Mitchell went back and put things right again the facility was in the newly put right timeline and thus never blown up by Teal'c.
                          Am I the only one who understand time travel! :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
                            That was in the altered timeline, when Mitchell went back and put things right again the facility was in the newly put right timeline and thus never blown up by Teal'c.
                            Am I the only one who understand time travel! :-p
                            You're assuming that Baal created the time machine before he went to Earth to sink the gate. It's possible that Baal goes back in time, then sinks the gate, followed by building the machine. Since he died during the attempt to sink the gate, the machine may never have been built.

This would be the most logical conclusion because the timeline was restored. Baal would have needed to do a lot in order to built that machine so he'd have had to interact with himself.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              You're assuming that Baal created the time machine before he went to Earth to sink the gate. It's possible that Baal goes back in time, then sinks the gate, followed by building the machine. Since he died during the attempt to sink the gate, the machine may never have been built.

This would be the most logical conclusion because the timeline was restored. Baal would have needed to do a lot in order to built that machine so he'd have had to interact with himself.
                              He had to have built the machine to predict solar flares in the first place and BEFORE travelling back in time to sink the gate because otherwise he would never have been able to time travel in the first place and travelled so precisely to the exact date and time without the machine to detect flares.
                              are you really telling me that Praxia machine wasn't built before he travelled to sink the gate? because if so how the heck did he manage to travel in the first place without the machine to predict the flares? to think he built the machine after originally travelling to sink the gate is clutching at straws in order to avoid being wrong with your initial statement. He didn't just accidentally and through luck gate through time, it was planned and clearly he had a machine to do it all.

Just to clear up any confusion anyone may have about the timeline, the Baal killed by Mitchel in the past doesn't mean the future Baal of the recorrected timeline will cease to exist. The future Baal of the re-corrected timeline doesn't know that mitchell will be in the past waiting for him and so will once again build the machine, step through and get shot in the head.
                              The praxia machine will always have been built by future Baal before any time travelling takes place and so even now with past Baal dead and the timeline re-corrected, the praxia machine is built and intact.
                              Last edited by Asgard Flu; 06 September 2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X