The Seeded Stargates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seeded Stargates

I'm not entirely knowledgeable when it comes to Stargate Universe. I'm under the impression that the stargates that were seeded are incapable of being manually dialled? I'm also assuming there were no DHD's left on the planets along with the Stargates so just how, without a Destiny dialing pad can someone activate and use a Stargate? I've yet to see the episodes with the Novans but I'm under the impression they used the Stargate on that world to start colonies elsewhere??

Also, could any other race that came across these gates be able to dial them without a detiny dialing pad?

Easy peasy!

Without a dialing pad technically(if you're Eli) you could probably manually code in an address through the internal circuitry/crystals(the closest example we see of this being an option is
    Spoiler:
    eli using the gates for morse code to communicate with destiny

Otherwise, the standard method is, yes, a kino dialer. This was because they were prototypes and for security measures. Other races, without a dialer or at the very minimum an extreme knowledge of the gate system would not have been able to use them.

The Novans were limited in where they could go because the gates were too far from eachother mostly. I'd have to assume they had dialers from Destiny.

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
    I'm not entirely knowledgeable when it comes to Stargate Universe. I'm under the impression that the stargates that were seeded are incapable of being manually dialled? I'm also assuming there were no DHD's left on the planets along with the Stargates so just how, without a Destiny dialing pad can someone activate and use a Stargate? I've yet to see the episodes with the Novans but I'm under the impression they used the Stargate on that world to start colonies elsewhere??

Also, could any other race that came across these gates be able to dial them without a detiny dialing pad?

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I feel a bit sorry for any alien race native to one of those Galaxies eventually coming across the straight path seeder Stargate network, they wont have a clue where they've come from and probably wont be able to make use of them, it shall forever remain a mystery to them. ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Flu View Post
        Thanks for replying.

I feel a bit sorry for any alien race native to one of those Galaxies eventually coming across the straight path seeder Stargate network, they wont have a clue where they've come from and probably wont be able to make use of them, it shall forever remain a mystery to them. ha.
        The reality of Stonehenge becomes apparent...

Comment

Working...
        X