• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Power of Three (3304/704)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 33
    THE POWER OF THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3304 (704)
    The Doctor is left with no explanation for a "slow invasion" of seemingly harmless black cubes, which become so prolific around the Earth that they become a commonplace part of daily life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 04 October 2012, 01:11 PM.

AAAARGH! Anybody but Professor Brian Cox!!

Ten years... blimey.

Oooh, scientist-controlled UNIT? Nice...

The Eleventh Doctor really doesn't do waiting does he? Then again, a bored Doctor seems rather useful to have around.

I do like Rory's Dad and how he's changed since discovering the Doctor and what he does.

You mean I have the Doctor to thank for Yorkshire Puddings?

Malevolent cubes... didn't they have those in Terrahawks?

Another Doctor who wonders how we work with only one heart...

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait until next week's though!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Brilliant episode!
      Definately the best so far this season, but I think it will be close after next weeks episode, cant believe Im going to have to wait a few days to see it!
      Brilliant mix of humour, action, mystery and emotion.

Comment

That was a really fun episode.

Professor Brian Cox!!! I LOVE him.

I need a bored Doctor to do some work around my house. Loved him playing the Wii. Great idea having the Brig's daughter now running UNIT. I would have loved Brian to travel with the Doctor for a while and I wish TPTB would have an older man as a permanent companion. I adored Wilf as well.

My one tiny gripe was the Doctor's heart attack being playing for laughs. I think it should have been more dramatic, but maybe that's just me.

I give this one 7/10. (BTW I'm being a lot stricter with my scoring this year as I seemed previously to be giving nearly everything 9/10 )

Edit - Oh and how am I going to wait for next week's episode.

Comment

Not a bad episode. Preferred last week.

But ultimately the enemy was disappointing, The Timelords use these guyes is use to frighten Timelord children into behaving, it should take a bit more than a wave of a sonic screwdriver to defeat them.

Their Space ship look cool through.

Plus what was the point of that child android or the collecting of the patents.

An you do not just get back up an walk around after a cardiac arrest.

The build up to the ending was cool, seeing how the Ponds live without the Doctor and Rory dad good, love it when Rory Dad listed all the possibilities on what the cubes might be.

Not to sure about the new UNIT through, still to much dumbness to them to take them seriously.

Comment

Well...

1. This ep took a while to get going, first thing of any interest was the kid with glowing blue eyes.

2. Kate...like the idea behind her...let's face it the Brig is a legend...

3. Shakri, OK, some old school reference I'm meant to get?

4. Ten years. Bloody hell!

Wierd, slightly nuts, but cool when the dust settled.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I enjoyed the ep but didn't like the stoyline about the cubes just felt like it wasn't that well thought out

Comment

I much preffered this episode to last weeks. (but i believe next weeks episode will be my fave)

- the cubes doing different things.. like playing the chicken dance song was awesome

- FISH FINGERS AND CUSTARD

- they didnt explain much about that kid holding the cube

- the ending was a bit weak

- the doctor painting and playing wii tennis LOL

- professor brian cox. ahahaa win

(there was plenty more but thats all i remember)

id say 8/10
                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I *would* review this ep...

...but the bastard other officers in the bastard TV room kept on bastard-well talking over the whole bastard episode.

*severe anger*

It seemed decent enough, but I missed pretty much any and all dialogue involving Kate, or that actually explained the plot.

Come on iPlayer!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Crickey Moses! Haha.

Comment

I liked the episode even though it was the most slow paced of them all by far. And are the seasons of Dr Who getting increasingly shorter or it it just me? I mean season finale after just 5 episodes?
                      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                        I liked the episode even though it was the most slow paced of them all by far. And are the seasons of Dr Who getting increasingly shorter or it it just me? I mean season finale after just 5 episodes?
                        It's not the season finale. Quite *why* the American networks are advertising that, I do *not* know.

S7 is just extended into 2013 after a mid-season break. (Oh how very Yankee-doodle).

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's technically the Summer finale? The mid-season breaks are awful.

I liked the painting and wii tennis. Wasn't the kid really an android?
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

So since "Kate Stewart" was portrayed in this ep the way she was am I safe in assuming that the events of "downtime" aren't to be considered canon anymore?
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it. Does it not fit? (Personally I only consider BBC productions to be canon anyway, but I suppose it's up to the individual person to decide what is and what isn't, particularly as the BBC have no thoughts on the subject.)

Comment

Working...
                              X