Asylum of the Daleks (3301/701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
    maybe they don't, Karen played a soothsayer in fires of Pompeii and Freema played Martha's cousin in series 2

according to Moffat there are to be no arcs this year...
    An of cause we all know that the writers of Doctor who never lies.

It obvious there a story arc there, whether it is to deal with Oswin herself, or those little machines that are inside the Doctory, she shouted something along the lines of "Do not forget" at the end there, they will certainly be following up the story line with the current Daleks an there new fleet of war ships as well.
    On top of that, I got a feeling that vision that Amy had will come into play as well.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Some fans still have not got over David Tennant leaving.
      Yeah, unfortunately. Gotta move on people.

The BBC have a new gallery for Jenna/Oswin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p00y2wnk

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Some fans still have not got over David Tennant leaving.
        Strange strange people.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Doctor Who - a message from Steven Moffat and Jenna-Louise Coleman about tonight's surprise

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...ights-surprise

So, who got a whopping great surprise this evening when Jenna-Louise Coleman arrived on Doctor Who earlier than scheduled? Matt Smith’s latest companion made an unexpected first appearance in the series seven opener, Asylum of the Daleks, shocking TV viewers who believed she’d be making her debut in the 2012 Christmas special.

Well, now that the secret’s out, we can share the thoughts of both Coleman and executive producer Steven Moffat regarding tonight’s bombshell.

“Boo! Hello! Hope we gave you a good surprise!” the 26-year-old actress said. “Thanks to all the fans who kept it quiet! More to come...watch this space!”

Moffat, who also penned tonight’s episode, said to RadioTimes.com:

“I hope you all got a nice surprise when Jenna popped up in Doctor Who several months early. If so, that surprise came to you courtesy of the frankly magnificent ladies and gentlemen of the press, and of the many Doctor Who forums and blogs too. This show has been seen at four separate screenings, across four different countries and yet not one person gave one spoiler. From all of us on Doctor Who, a heartfelt thank you for helping us tell our story.”

Comment

Damn you Moffat!!!

EDIT: also, just got to say, I loved the bit with the eggs
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

doctor...who... DOCTOR...WHO! Egggggggggggsterminate!

What an amazing episode. Perfect season opener!
              I could have sworn that was Clara in the episode.. wasn't she meant to appear in the Christmas speci... OH GOD. And in that form.... OH MY- this shall be interesting.
              Was this episode the christmas special.. or
              Spoiler:
              was the doctor just taunting the daleks in the high court

Only thing that i was padantic about... Amy and Rory. I kind of expected them to
              Spoiler:
              get back together at the end of the episode

I got up at 5:10 to see this... and it was DEFINITLY worthwhile!
              Overall 9 1/2 /10

*shakes fist* MOFFAT!
              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
              - Doctor Who (series 7)
              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I'm soryr but...

I had been looking forward to this so very much. I mean, I seized the TV room in the Officers' Mess a good hour before hand in order to guarantee I had control of the TV...

It was good, don't get me wrong, but just didn't live up to the epicness of 'The Eleventh Hour', 'Victory of the Daleks', 'The Time of Angels', 'The Pandorica Opens', 'The Doctor's Wife' etc...

It felt... a lot like 'The Wedding of River Song'. Rushed. It felt to me that they jumped far too quickly into it, surrendering a lot of dramatic build up. That, plus the music just *really* didn't feel right for me.... it didn't capture my imagination.

There were some GREAT concepts in there.

I LOVED seeing Skaro again, particularly with that giant dalek statue and what not.

But....

The first minute before the credits was WAY too rushed. That could have gone on for at least ten minutes. In fact, without the final Pond Life episode, I think I'd have been even more miffed. Then things just rush ahead far too much, unusually, I had to think very hard as to why the Daleks needed help, as I felt that was rushed too....

Conceptually, it was brilliant, and I loved seeing the classic Daleks, but then we didn't even SEE the Special Weapons Dalek MOVE. THE ABOMINATION just sat there!

As for the twist? OR rather, two twists... I was surprised to see Oswin, but moved over it quickly... as for her... nature, shall we say. Predicted it. I mean, don't get me wrong, actually being IN the battle armour, fair enough didn't see that... but I genuinly knew she would not be in human form, and predicted her to be in some form of genetically mutilated mess looking out via a computer system - ala Robocop (I forget which film it was in) or indeed, Source Code.

Also... not sure how I feel about the daleks forgetting the Doctor... just doesn't sit right with me... particularly the Doctor's mad rant at the end about 'Doctor Who'... I assume it's setting up for the Fields of Trenzalorn...

Final thought? The Moff IS brilliant, but he needs more time for some of his epic ideas, he NEEDS 1hr and a half specials for things like this and 'The Wedding of River Song'. I remember when Stargate Continuum came out, TPTB mentioned if it had been made for TV - some of the important character scenes, like Jackson's phone call to himself, would have been axed... this is what it felt like. This should have been a TV movie and allowed to grow, not be forced...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                  Was this episode the christmas special.. or
                  Spoiler:
                  was the doctor just taunting the daleks in the high court

*shakes fist* MOFFAT!
                  haha didnt notice that first time around

on a somewhat related note

*shakes fist* Barrowman

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Im so glad I avoided spoilers!
                    Its a wonder how they do keep these sorts of things under wraps these days...
                    I see why Moffat said theyd be twists and turns...
                    I think there will be a small story arc to the next few episodes, but it probably wont really come back out till Christmas...
                    I wonder if Moffat was teasing us when he said we would see her in the "Christmas Special", cause that Christmas line was obviously cut out from the first trailer... but the clips were shown in full on the news...
                    Also, was very nice to see a glimpse of Skaro

Wonder what the ratings will be like?
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 September 2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, and was very surprised to see Jenna-Louise Coleman. Being a complete sap, I'm also glad that Amy and Rory are back together again.

I'll have to watch it again as I'm sure I missed a lot, but a good start to this series.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just had a thought, could this be a future version of our next companion?
                        Cause right as the Doctos running, she says remember me, and the fact that he cant see her but she can see him...
                        But then that wouldnt make sense as she joined the Alaska to see the stars... Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          I just had a thought, could this be a future version of our next companion?
                          Cause right as the Doctos running, she says remember me, and the fact that he cant see her but she can see him...
                          But then that wouldnt make sense as she joined the Alaska to see the stars... Hmmm...

Someone had the idea on Den Of Geek that she was created by Amy Pond as a gift for the Doctor when she rebooted the Universe and which may means that she will continue to exist as long as the Doctor and Amy continue to remember her.

Comment

Its been a while since i've been that surprised! I had to wait til the end credits to check she was who i thought she was! I wonder when a spoiler of that magnitude was last kept quite that quiet?

Cracking episode, really enjoyed it.

And a lesson to all of us - the doctor always lies ... and so does the Moffat, the sneaky devil!
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

i just realised something else:

Spoiler:
                              she said 'remember me' but... she made him forget her... or atleast half

O___________________________________o
                              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                              - Doctor Who (series 7)
                              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Am I the only one who noticed that Moffat lied to us again?

"Classic" Daleks Moff? I only saw 3 Classic ones: "The Chase" type Dalek, the Grey Renegade type Dalek, and the Special Weapons Dalek, and not one of those Classic Daleks did anything! There's almost 50's years of the show to look through, and the best you could come up with were 3 Classic Daleks?!? Too many NSD and Paradigm Daleks too! I like the NSD Daleks, but it was still way too many! Thanks for lieing to us again Moffat!

The episode itself was great. I still don't like that Moffat lies to the fanbase sometimes though.
                                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Working...
                                X