No announcement yet.

Asylum of the Daleks (3301/701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was intrigued by Oswin's line, "remember me" too. Perhaps she is a later version of the Doctor's next companion? But would Moffat really try to use the same gimmick like that twice? He already did it with River.

I'm curious about all the talk of Rory/Amy dying. I know there is death in the series, but when was the last time, if ever, a main character or companion has died? I think it would be a great end, and maybe a nice way to lead into the Valeyard? I would love to see Moffat get into that sort of storyline with his darker story preferences.

The part of the conclusion that bugged me the most was the nanoclouds. When Amy lost her bracelet, the Doctor had begun to notice changes in her already, meaning they had already begun te irreversible process the doctor described to her. Even when she got his bracelet, hadn't the damage already been done? Part of her should have been permanently changed, no?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
      I was intrigued by Oswin's line, "remember me" too. Perhaps she is a later version of the Doctor's next companion? But would Moffat really try to use the same gimmick like that twice? He already did it with River.

I'm curious about all the talk of Rory/Amy dying. I know there is death in the series, but when was the last time, if ever, a main character or companion has died? I think it would be a great end, and maybe a nice way to lead into the Valeyard? I would love to see Moffat get into that sort of storyline with his darker story preferences.

The part of the conclusion that bugged me the most was the nanoclouds. When Amy lost her bracelet, the Doctor had begun to notice changes in her already, meaning they had already begun te irreversible process the doctor described to her. Even when she got his bracelet, hadn't the damage already been done? Part of her should have been permanently changed, no?
      Not necessarily. It simply means that rather than the bracelets serving as an external shield, perhaps they work more accurately as a sort of bug zapper if you know what I mean.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Cool episode. I already know about Oswin coming back, but I'm looking forward to finding out how she does it. Even when they're fighting, Amy and Rory have pretty good chemistry. I'm not too fond of Amy on her own, but I like her with Rory.

I only just realized it, but the 11th Doctor's finally stopped drooling! The early episodes with Matt Smith really annoyed me, because he was spitting so much, sometimes frothing at the mouth.
        sigpic

Comment

I like this episode. I kept wondering if the Dalek girl at the start was in fact Amy ...

Also what happens to all the Dalek Agents on Earth? from the episode start?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            I like this episode. I kept wondering if the Dalek girl at the start was in fact Amy ...

Also what happens to all the Dalek Agents on Earth? from the episode start?
            What Dalek Agents on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              What Dalek Agents on Earth?
              At the start of the episode those Dalek people that "recruited" everyone
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                At the start of the episode those Dalek people that "recruited" everyone
                Oh yeah, them. Forgot for a minute.
                Well they were probably only there for Amy and Rory so just ended up leaving Earth after that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Oh yeah, them. Forgot for a minute.
                  Well they were probably only there for Amy and Rory so just ended up leaving Earth after that.
                  That's what I figured. The woman who caught the Doctor on the ruined Dalek homeworld was on the Dalek ship, so I assume the others were too.
                  sigpic

Comment

A most enjoyable and interesting episode.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      ^ We saw what, 10-15 Daleks in the Asylum? On a planet that was stated to have millions...

Just because half the inmates who escape Arkham are broken gibbering wrecks, doesn't mean there won't be a few Jokers and Two-Faces in there as well.
                      i had an idea about that, the asylum contains the battle scarred, insane, ones even you can't control.

what if there were some smart crazy power mongering ones who would keep themselves hidden. oswin was converted by daleks inside the asylum. what if the smart ones wanted to create a dalek out of oswin that would be able to access the path web they clearly cant use to operate the facility defenses but she had the mental breakdown. the daleks banging at the door at night are a metaphor of sorts, they are trying to access the network that allows her to control the systems.

Comment

good episode and good way to introduce Clara it's a good start to the interdiction of a new companion. I love how the dareks have a twisted sense of beautiful.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X