• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asylum of the Daleks (3301/701)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 33
    ASYLUM OF THE DALEKS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3301 (701)
    The Doctor is kidnapped and forced to enter the legendary Asylum of the Daleks, along with his former companions Amy and Rory -- whose marriage is in meltdown. To destroy the enemy prison and escape alive, they must rely on help from a young girl stranded on the planet and eager for rescue.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 05 September 2012, 02:51 PM.

Thoughts:
    • Skaro! I like...
    • Human-shaped Dalek infiltrators? Ok, that's a little creepy.
    • Hmm, new titles. Not so keen.
    • Wait... what? Jenna Louise-Coleman is in episode one? Oswin the Souffle Girl? Also, I like her!
    • "Don't be fair to the Daleks when they're firing me at a planet!"
    • Why is a wet, dark hallway of dead Daleks somehow creepier than live ones?
    • Calling it now: Oswin is
      Spoiler:
      a Dalek infiltrator who went a bit wrong.
    • Nanocloud... yep, that's creepy. Oh, and it got creepier with Dalek zombies. Kudos, Mr Moffat.
    • "Careful dear, you'll put someone's eye out." Yes, I definitely like her.
    • "Because we've had this conversation four times."
    • "I'm looking for reverse!"
    • Oh... so that's why the Ponds are having problems. Poor Amy.
    • Good old Oswin Oswald... but I will be very interested to find out how she becomes the Doctor's new companion!!

Okay, I liked it. It wasn't utterly magnificent, but it was pretty good. Some new developments for the Daleks that might improve them quite a bit.
    Last edited by Sealurk; 01 September 2012, 11:11 AM.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

it will be on iview in less than 10 minutes time..!

excited? YES!

GERONIMO!
      Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
      - Doctor Who (series 7)
      - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
      - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
      - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
      - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Damn you Sealurk!!!! =P
        Brilliant start to the season!
        So, thats who the suprise was in episode 1!
        Eggsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssterminate!
        So the question is, how the hell does Osman fit into Clara?
        Those dead Daleks certainly were creepy, and the Dalek agents with stalks coming out of their heads...
        So, the Daleks now dont know who the Doctor is, interesting...

Overall, a very good start to the season, and cant wait to see more!
        And no obvious story arcs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Good old Oswin Oswald... but I will be very interested to find out how she becomes the Doctor's new companion!!

Okay, I liked it. It wasn't utterly magnificent, but it was pretty good. Some new developments for the Daleks that might improve them quite a bit.
          Damn you moffat, toying with us like that , he knew we all would know Jenna was the new companion, so he messed with us

I agree, it was okay, but then I was expecting the world. would have liked more emphasis on the old model daleks, the ones that were shown were dusty so kinda blended together and most were RTD era daleks.
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Well I was totally shocked! I did not expect to see Oswin in this episode!! A complete surprise!!

I need to watch it again and digest it some more before saying more, but I must say I really enjoyed the episode. Not one of the Moff's best, but thoroughly entertaining.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! Utterly, utterly brilliant!!!!! I'm going to have to watch that a million times and more to get over how brilliant that was...and even then a million and more times will not be enough!!!!!

10/10

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So, it was definately Jenna playing her, cause I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me...
                This has led to a very interesting question... Who is she and how does she eventually become the Doctors companion...
                *shakes fist* Moffat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  So the question is, how the hell does Osman fit into Clara?
                  And no obvious story arcs!
                  maybe they don't, Karen played a soothsayer in fires of Pompeii and Freema played Martha's cousin in series 2

according to Moffat there are to be no arcs this year...
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                    maybe they don't, Karen played a soothsayer in fires of Pompeii and Freema played Martha's cousin in series 2

according to Moffat there are to be no arcs this year...
                    Thats what I meant, I was happy that we wernt given a huge story, seeing as Moffat had said there wouldnt be...

And about Jenna, this seemed to be way more than a coincidence, she was cast before the episode was filmed, and it appears in the same season!
                    I think Moffat has plans...

Comment

A excellent episode, considering it had the Daleks in it as the enemy.

I hope Oswin is that intelligence when the Doctor meets up with her on that cruise ship or on her home planet, an they do not dumb her, it be nice to have someone more intelligence than the Doctor on the Tardis, an someone who is more interested in figuring out a way to save herself than the Doctor or planet earth.

I like the way the Daleks memories of doctor has been erase.

I wonder, what will be consequence of all those Daleks nano bots flowing around the Doctor. There a reason the Daleks gave his wrist brand, if he was immune to them they would not have brothered.

I like Oswin character as well.

Comment

Well, somewhat of an opening with bang

Dalek infultraitors are fairly creepy, wonder how many people will e dressed as them for halloween?

Also geting ot see more of Amy's modling career. 'Pouting at a camera', have to say I'm with rory on this one

Spoiler:
                        I thought the explination for why they broke up was actually fairly good, shows that they lack communication as a couple sometimes but at least showed some thought from the writers

And Oswin! Such a sweet girl and clever too. If only she had joined them
                        Spoiler:
                        come on, who wouldnt' think it fun to see the Doctor wit ha human-Dalek copanion... jsut me and my brother? Oh well...
                        Also, if you want to know why the Daleks hate you Doctor, you gve a pretty good show why when he discovered Dalek-Oswin. Having a go at her like she had dliberatly tricked him and telling her she wasn't human and when she flips at him suddenly backtracks and tries to remind her she's human.

But now, things will eb very intersting for the Docot and his old enemies. It was fun playign spot the old daleks

Next episode: DINOSAURS!!
                        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                        sigpic

Comment

Currently trending on twitter in the UK are:

#DoctorWho
                          Jenna Louise Coleman
                          Oswin
                          Rory
                          Matt Smith
                          (and oddly) David Tennant

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Currently trending on twitter in the UK are:

#DoctorWho
                            Jenna Louise Coleman
                            Oswin
                            Rory
                            Matt Smith
                            (and oddly) David Tennant
                            Some fans still have not gotten over David Tennant leaving.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 01 September 2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Seemed to me that Nick Briggs was channelling Peter Sellers as Richard III for the Dalek Prime Minister's voice.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X