• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave It To the Beavers (118)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON ONE
    LEAVE IT TO THE BEAVERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118
    After a construction worker witnesses a murder, Nick asks his ice beaver family to convince him to come forward and testify. Meanwhile, Juliette invites Monroe over for an inevitably awkward dinner, and a pair of Reapers arrive in Portland to kill the Grimm.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

i think this was my favorite for season 1 (excluding the finale). the dinner is so funny, as is the set up before it. i also love how the beavers got to be the center as appose to the background where they had been the whole season. and i also love the part when nick kicks butt on those reapers. shows why people fear grimms.
    sigpic

Comment

I loved to see how proud Bud was to be considered Nick's friend.

and all those gifts Nick got at the end
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Just rewatched this episode today. OMG, so hilarious! I LOVE the dinner! And I LOVE the Eisbiber-folks! I really hope there will be something about them in season 2.

What I've noticed this time was that scene after the fight, when Monroe comes along. Anyone ever noticed Nick's face there? Ahm, what about that "I've sniffed her out" in Beeware? Here it should be Monroe calling Nick a "Good boy!". Nick looks like a gundog proud about his first prey and showing that to his master. Ooookay ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

really, I took it as Nick was really shocked at what he did.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            really, I took it as Nick was really shocked at what he did.
            At first yes, he is shocked. But when Monroe comes along he seems pretty proud to me.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

"I am a grimm and I am also a cop." Interesting...he is already the Grimm first?

So many funny and great scenes between Nick and Monroe here ("I told you to meet me, not eat me" ) and the dinner...so hilarious I loved that little fist bump they did and the preparation about what they could talk about was great.

Nick killing two Reapers and using his skills and weapons for the first time

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

watched this episode again yesterday because I love Nick interacting with Bud ....

there is one point which disturbed me the first time I saw this episode and which has the same effect each time I see it:

the fact that Nick sends the two heads to Antwerp by courrier; I do not know how the export procedures work to get goods out of the US, but I know the import procedures for getting goods into the EU countries and I can assure you, two heads would not have gone through that easily; I have no idea as what they declared the contents, but that box would have been checked by customs or even by the veterinary service upon arrival ..... so that part is for me not believable
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Uhm, sorry to correct you, mi_guard: It should be Mannheim (which it isn't - have relatives there and know that city) not Antwerpen

As far as I know costums works in both ways. I remember the first time sending a package to my friends in Nepal was a mess and finally that package was lost because it never made it through the Nepalese costums, so ... you are right. But, who knows, maybe UPS has different conditions *just kidding*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah, that is definitely a goof. my friend got DVDs from China and it took like a week before the us let them through customs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                      Uhm, sorry to correct you, mi_guard: It should be Mannheim (which it isn't - have relatives there and know that city) not Antwerpen

As far as I know costums works in both ways. I remember the first time sending a package to my friends in Nepal was a mess and finally that package was lost because it never made it through the Nepalese costums, so ... you are right. But, who knows, maybe UPS has different conditions *just kidding*
                      you're right, it should have been Mannheim

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      yeah, that is definitely a goof. my friend got DVDs from China and it took like a week before the us let them through customs.
                      Exactly, I do not think it would have been possible - you could get it through the border if you bring it along by car or even by train, but never a package travelling on its own by plane and never trough official channels. I even checked, the courrier they used, seems to really exist in the US.

*shrugs* nevermind
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X