• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bears Will Be Bears (102)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON ONE
    BEARS WILL BE BEARS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    A breaking-and-entering case turns into a missing person investigation, leading to a family of bear-like creatures who are planning a ritual hunt. Nick asks his new Blutbad friend to protect his dying aunt.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

What I like about Grimm is how at the outset it was shown how many differences there were amongst the Wesen. Many just want the quiet life and live alongside humans, whilst great drama is made with those that don't.

The 'traditions' come into play with interesting results. The dad ends up being clueless about how his wife had brought up their sons and is shocked on learning the truth that his family were killing people to follow tradition. Again I love how Nick steps up and treats the dad fairly and doesn't tar him with the same brush as his wife and sons. A nice touch seeing them work together to save the lives of the people they'd kidnapped.

I think this exploration of the different sides to the Wesen makes for great viewing, and seeing how Nick deals with them as a Grimm whose traditional role was to kill any and all Wesen on sight. It's a great balance of two different worlds for him, as a Grimm, and as a policeman keeping within human laws.

Comment

Working...
    X