Amazon Prime missing scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime missing scenes

I'm currently watching "Rising" on Amazon Prime, just got to the scene where they first go through the gate to the Atlantis, and the exchange between Ford and Sheppard concerning what going through the gate feels like is missing. It cuts straight to Ford smiling and jumping backward through the gate. Has anyone else noticed this or any other scenes missing, and is it missing on the Bluray?

Originally posted by dyingdreams View Post
    I'm currently watching "Rising" on Amazon Prime, just got to the scene where they first go through the gate to the Atlantis, and the exchange between Ford and Sheppard concerning what going through the gate feels like is missing. It cuts straight to Ford smiling and jumping backward through the gate. Has anyone else noticed this or any other scenes missing, and is it missing on the Bluray?
    I just got the blu-ray set yesterday and I can tell you it does have the scene where Ford jokingly tell Sheppard it hurts then jumps through the gate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dyingdreams View Post
      is it missing on the Bluray?
      I have this scene on my BluRay set too. I would have noticed it missing as well: it establishes Ford as friendly and upbeat and was one of my favorite scenes in the episode.

Comment

It's been always been there, ever since the first airing. And it's on the first DVD-sets as well.

I thought it was nudity and violence that gets cut sometimes.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There are other scenes missing. Amazon splits The Rising double episode into two separate episodes. At the end of part 1, they skip the scene where Teyla tells Shepard about the illusions the Wrath project as decoys. The second half jumps right into Shepard contacting Sumner to tell him to concentrate on the darts and ignore the illusions because they are fake.

Amazon must be editting the episode(s) for some reason. It is an Amazon policy of doing thing like this to reduce costs. Often DVD/Bluray sets are special ordered for Amazon with matherial missing so the cost can be reduced.
          Last edited by randyored; 10 March 2013, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Well, I've checked all my copies of Rising - my original tape recording, the DVD, and the version from iTunes, and they all feature the Ford/Sheppard scene, and the scene with Teyla explaining the Wraith to John, without any cuts.

If Amazon are cutting these scenes, then it's a bit puzzling - neither of them have disturbing material in them. It would annoy me too, so I think I'll stick with iTunes!

Cate
            sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

I just noticed this when I was watching it just now. It skipped the scene where Jack convinces John to go. Which is a good scene.
              sigpic

Comment

Does Rising show up as one episode or two separate episodes on Amazon Prime? If it's 2 separate ones, it could be that those were the scenes that were cut to make room for the "previously on" bit on part 2 for syndication.

Comment

It was showing up as two different episodes. It seemed like most of the cut scenes were from the first part. I've seen it many times but still annoying. Maybe it was to have previously on, which is pretty dumb since it's the second episode lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    It was showing up as two different episodes. It seemed like most of the cut scenes were from the first part. I've seen it many times but still annoying. Maybe it was to have previously on, which is pretty dumb since it's the second episode lol.
                    Well, if it's running in syndication, the episodes aren't necessarily running back to back, so they would need to add opening credits for contractual reasons and a previously on for anyone who didn't watch the previous day.

Comment

I have recently watched the first episode of the first Season of Stargate Atlantis on Netflix and as an old fan of all things Stargate, I have watched the episode before. I noticed Netflix has also got a version of these episodes with missing scenes, it has changed the entire feel of some of the characters and I found it very disappointing. I don't want new fans to watch this version because its not the right one.
                      Wish I could do something.

Comment

What scenes are missing?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I too can confirm that the SGA episode "The Rising" on Netflix is the cut up version. It misses the scenes where O'Neill convinces Sheppard to join the Atlantis expedition, Ford saying "It hurts like hell" at Sheppard before jumping through the stargate and Teyla explaining the Wraith illusions to Sheppard.

iTunes carries "The Rising" as one 1 h 28 min episode for the price of a 43 min single episode, whereas Amazon and Netflix both carry it split into two seperate episodes and also charge you for both. It's all about the moneyz!

Comment

I've rewatched this show on Amazon, Netflix and Hulu. I didn't notice the missing scenes until I watched it on Hulu. I guess they all have a policy of cutting scenes for whatever reason???? I am glad to see that everyone notices the missing scenes. I was beginning to think I imagined it!

Comment

I'v just rewatched "Rising" on netflix and they have also cut the scene with ford and teyla.
                              Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

Comment

Working...
                              X