Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the Unedited SGA DVD versions

Hi!
    New to this forum. Hope you guys can help me out!

I want to buy Atlantis DVD sets, but I am looking for the unedited versions, specifically season 1 where they show that guy in the Atlantica chair room shooting drones at the invaders with his gloves. He has a helmet on. Also, in that first "movie" of Atlantis it is closer to 2.5 hours than 2.
    I bought the Blue Ray DVD complete series set but that is edited..there are lots missing from the series opener. As well, later episodes have scenes deleted.
    Being Canadian I clearly recall viewing the unedited versions on TV for about 2 years before politics and such things started censoring Space channel.
    I hope you guys can help. Please advise.

Originally posted by Terezia View Post
    I want to buy Atlantis DVD sets, but I am looking for the unedited versions, specifically season 1 where they show that guy in the Atlantica chair room shooting drones at the invaders with his gloves. He has a helmet on.
    Atlantica? You mean Antarctica? The outpost? It was the doctor who accidentally fired one drone at Sheppard's helicopter. He was not wearing gloves nor a helmet.

Also, in that first "movie" of Atlantis it is closer to 2.5 hours than 2.
    Ah, no. It aired over a two-hour block of airtime with commercials. With the commercials edited out, the episode clocks in at about 84 minutes.

I bought the Blue Ray DVD complete series set but that is edited..there are lots missing from the series opener. As well, later episodes have scenes deleted.
    There were never extended episodes. "Rising" was simply a two-parter with the two episodes edited together to form a TV movie event. Well, there were extended cuts of the final two episodes of the series, "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate," but they were only extended by maybe two minutes.

Comment

There is a blu-ray called Stargate: Atlantis Fan's Choice that has an extended version of Rising and Enemy at the Gate.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the Atlantica correction.
        Yes, it is the "movie" I refer to. I guess with the commercials added in it was 2.5.
        I will try to find the scene I refer to a post it. It is not Beckett, although he was cute the way he nearly blew up Shephard and O'Neil.
        Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Yes, I've heard that.
          Now, I just wonder if the original DVD season 1 set (not the blue ray) also contains the extended version of Rising. Anyone know that?

Comment

Okay, took a while but finally found on Youtube what I was looking for.

http://youtu.be/VdPcf6vcd1Y

Video snagged from the Homepage of Joel Goldsmith himself: www.freeclyde.com - http://www.freeclyde.com/video_bytes/the_rising.html
            Music by Joel Goldsmith

In it is the scene I refer to: watch for the guy with the funky hat and gloves shooting drones out with his hands.
            PLUS there is a scene where Ford says good bye to his grandparents because Shephard shows up in a limo to take Ford away, cool glasses on which he then takes off, smiles, talks to Ford, and Ford say goodbye.

Have any of you seen these, and are they on the extended version?

Comment

Video snagged from the Homepage of Joel Goldsmith himself: www.freeclyde.com - http://www.freeclyde.com/video_bytes/the_rising.html
              Music by Joel Goldsmith

In it is the scene I refer to: watch for the guy with the funky hat and gloves shooting drones out with his hands.
              PLUS there is a scene where Ford says good bye to his grandparents because Shephard shows up in a limo to take Ford away, cool glasses on which he then takes off, smiles, talks to Ford, and Ford say goodbye.

The "dude with the funky hat and gloves" isn't shooting drones out with his hands. He wouldn't be able to since he's a Kull Warrior. If I remember correct, Kull Warriors were sent down by the goa'uld in the SG-1 episode where Anubis was invading Earth down by Antarctica. I've not seen an extended version of Rising...but I wouldn't doubt if there were scenes where scenes deleted where the crew was seen leaving family members that didn't make it into the final cut.

Your second link doesn't work...the youtube link did work.
              sigpic

Comment

Music by Joel Goldsmith

In the scene where Ford says goodbye to his grandparents, he is getting into a taxi cab, not a limo. And Shephard would not have even known Ford at the time, so he would not have been picking him up. Plus, the Air Force would not send a limo and another officer to pick up a marine lieutenant. The only time Shephard was shown in a limo was in the episode "Home" later in Season 1.

I've watched the youtube video twice and the only bit where someone is sitting in the chair is Shephard. There is no scene where a guy with a funky hat and gloves is shooting drones out with his hands. You could be thinking about some other episode entirely. Happens all the time.

If there are actually scenes like these, they were likely cut from the version that made it to TV and DVD. I have never seen scenes such as you describe and I have a separate copy of "Rising", as well as the one included in the set of DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  In the scene where Ford says goodbye to his grandparents, he is getting into a taxi cab, not a limo. And Shephard would not have even known Ford at the time, so he would not have been picking him up. Plus, the Air Force would not send a limo and another officer to pick up a marine lieutenant.

I've watched the youtube video twice and the only bit where someone is sitting in the chair is Shephard. There is no scene where a guy with a funky hat and gloves is shooting drones out with his hands. You could be thinking about some other episode entirely. Happens all the time.

If there are actually scenes like these, they were likely cut from the version that made it to TV and DVD. I have never seen scenes such as you describe and I have a separate copy of "Rising", as well as the one included in the set of DVDs.
                  Actually, there is a scene in that video...there is a Kull Warrior with drones shooting out of the ground and the Kull Warrior is flapping his hands..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Actually, there is a scene in that video...there is a Kull Warrior with drones shooting out of the ground and the Kull Warrior is flapping his hands..
                    Yes, it is a Kull Warrior. Thank you. For some reason I keep thinking he's sending out drones, but no, you are correct.

Comment

So...I'm gonna do a Jack O'Neil....is the season 1 regular dvd set OR the extended version box set have any of the above mentioned items?

Comment

Okay. But that scene was in "Lost City", not in "Rising". Bits of Lost City were used in the trailer for Rising.

Comment

So...I'm gonna do a Jack O'Neil....is the season 1 regular dvd set OR the extended version box set have any of the above mentioned items?
                          I've watched "Rising" on the box set many times, and don't recall any of the scenes you mention, except for Shepherd sitting in the chair in Antarctica. And the scene you mention with Ford is not as you describe.

Comment

SG-1 Season 7 The Lost City part 2. That's right after they plug the ZPM into the newly discovered outpost and O'Neill launches the drones to destroy Anubis' fleet... One things that kinda bugs me is... how did they plug that hole in the ground when they set up the research station afterwards!

Comment

An extended version of Rising and Enemy at the Gate is available on the Fan's Choice Blu-Ray. I do now know if these extended versions appeared on the regular Blu-Ray release for SGA. I do know that on the Region 2 S5 DVD there is an extended version of Enemy at the Gate but I don't know if it's the same extended cut as what is found on the Blu-ray. Said DVD also contains an extended version of Vegas.

Other than that, if your network had removed anything it should appear on the DVD as it did when it first aired. eg Sha're naked is almost always cut from CoTG reruns, but it's on SG1 season 1 DVD.
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X