Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD (Marvel TV series) News/Discussion/SPOILERS

I'm really enjoying the final season of this, with the story arc jumping through the decades of the 20th century. It's the most fun this show has been in years.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I'm really enjoying the final season of this, with the story arc jumping through the decades of the 20th century. It's the most fun this show has been in years.
    I agree. I wish there will be more seasons.

Here is a petition trying to keep Agents of Shield going for more seasons, https://www.change.org/p/marvel-brin...redirect=false .

Not going to work. It wasn't cancelled. The producers chose to end it
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    I agree. I wish there will be more seasons.

Here is a petition trying to keep Agents of Shield going for more seasons, https://www.change.org/p/marvel-brin...redirect=false .
    Still doing petitions on sites that will piss some people off, I see.

If you want any sort of decent response, I would suggest avoiding political sites like the plague. As I said elsewhere, hosting a petition on a site that is known to cater to either the right or the left as change.org does is guaranteed to alienate some of the people you would want to support your cause before they ever see your petition. I'm one of them.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Still seeing conspiracy theories everywhere I see. Most people won't see politics when it comes to a TV show
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Still doing petitions on sites that will piss some people off, I see.

If you want any sort of decent response, I would suggest avoiding political sites like the plague. As I said elsewhere, hosting a petition on a site that is known to cater to either the right or the left as change.org does is guaranteed to alienate some of the people you would want to support your cause before they ever see your petition. I'm one of them.
    Still annoying people off, I see.

If you know of any reliable petition websites, I will research it.

That is your opinion. Thank you for sharing it.

Gutted that I watched the first six seasons on my brother's recommendation, and now find the final season won't be shown on the channel that's shown all the others before it. No sign of it being shown in the UK at all.

NOT happy!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerNinja View Post
    Gutted that I watched the first six seasons on my brother's recommendation, and now find the final season won't be shown on the channel that's shown all the others before it. No sign of it being shown in the UK at all.

NOT happy!
    I know what you mean. I live in the UK too and still no mention of Agents of Shield season 7 on E4 or any other channel. They have all 6 seasons on Amazon Prime. I am currently rewatching them.

Still annoying people off, I see.

If you know of any reliable petition websites, I will research it.

That is your opinion. Thank you for sharing it.
    Does the show have any dedicated fan sites? Perhaps you can start a letter writing campaign on one of those. I mean, old school, paper letters that someone had to take the time to create and mail. Might make more of an impression on the studio / network than electronic petitions would would anyway.

I know what you mean. I live in the UK too and still no mention of Agents of Shield season 7 on E4 or any other channel. They have all 6 seasons on Amazon Prime. I am currently rewatching them.

Let's hope they take up the seventh. As much as I enjoyed the series, I won't be tied in to an eighteen month contract on Disney + just to see this final season.

Let's hope they take up the seventh. As much as I enjoyed the series, I won't be tied in to an eighteen month contract on Disney + just to see this final season.
    Agree with you I do. The content industry is trying to push us into a business model where we have to subscribe to 47 different services to be able to watch most content. CBS for Star Trek, Hulu for The Orville, Disney for Star Wars, and so on. If they succeed, content will be very expensive.

The only voice we as consumers have is our purchasing choices. I'm fine with aggregator services, such as Netflix, you pay them and you can watch whatever there. I would like to see all of these individual services fail miserably due to lack of subscribers. That would force the creators to market their shows on services like Netflix.

Agree with you I do. The content industry is trying to push us into a business model where we have to subscribe to 47 different services to be able to watch most content. CBS for Star Trek, Hulu for The Orville, Disney for Star Wars, and so on. If they succeed, content will be very expensive.

The only voice we as consumers have is our purchasing choices. I'm fine with aggregator services, such as Netflix, you pay them and you can watch whatever there. I would like to see all of these individual services fail miserably due to lack of subscribers. That would force the creators to market their shows on services like Netflix.

Absolutely! You almost feel like you're being held to ransom, and left in the same position as I am now - tie yourself in to one of our needlessly long contracts, or you won't be able to watch anything.

Well, stuff that. I'll wait for the DVDs instead. Yes, they'll be expensive on their first release, but at least you'll have the extra bits too, like the commentaries and gag reel. Seriously, it's a wonder that cast got anything filmed at all!

Absolutely! You almost feel like you're being held to ransom, and left in the same position as I am now - tie yourself in to one of our needlessly long contracts, or you won't be able to watch anything.

Well, stuff that. I'll wait for the DVDs instead. Yes, they'll be expensive on their first release, but at least you'll have the extra bits too, like the commentaries and gag reel. Seriously, it's a wonder that cast got anything filmed at all!
    More importantly, once you buy the home media release of a show, they can't change their mind and take it back from you. It's yours. Which is why the entire back wall of my living room/home theater room is DVD's/Bluray's/VHS/CD's/Cassettes and other media. If I can, I always buy the home media release of anything I care about. As a bonus, the image and audio quality is often better because it hasn't been compressed to take up less bandwidth to transmit.

More importantly, once you buy the home media release of a show, they can't change their mind and take it back from you. It's yours. Which is why the entire back wall of my living room/home theater room is DVD's/Bluray's/VHS/CD's/Cassettes and other media. If I can, I always buy the home media release of anything I care about. As a bonus, the image and audio quality is often better because it hasn't been compressed to take up less bandwidth to transmit.
    Something we agree on.
    Just remember, you only have that media as long as the storage device exists. If it fails, you have no right of ownership anymore.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

E4 didn't pick up the final season Hoping it'll be on Disney+ soon but fellow disappointed UK person here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Something we agree on.
    Just remember, you only have that media as long as the storage device exists. If it fails, you have no right of ownership anymore.
    Which is why I have 4-5 VCR's stashed away. I figure that ought to be enough to last my lifetime.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132