Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Default Agents of SHIELD (Marvel TV series) News/Discussion/SPOILERS

ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series

After scoring huge at the box office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel, but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble.

Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Marvel universe TV series (ABC)

just did some research and read some more about it. Sounds like it could be interesting though I do have a feeling that it would be cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons only because for some reason that tends to happen with shows like this lol

Marvel doesnt seem to let there shows go for more than 1 or 2 seasons nowadays anyway i'm looking at you Wolverine & The X-men, & Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

I'd like to see an NCIS style cop show set in the Marvel universe. Just play it straight most of the time while throwing in the super elements every now and again.

I would love it but I'm kind of worried that it will be on abc, although once upon a time is a great show and back in the days they had lost and alias so I know good shows can have success there but still I'm sceptic, I think they should just focus on movies right now and do them right.

To be developed by Joss Whedon, cancelled shortly thereafter.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

ABC Greenlights Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series

Big, big news. ABC is going to make a S.H.I.E.L.D. show and Joss Whedon is going to write (and possibly direct) the pilot! Commence freak out.

Deadline is reporting that ABC has given the go-ahead to begin work on Whedon's show about S.H.I.E.L.D., the top secret organization that flies around in an invisible aircraft carrier. Many people had suspected this would happen after the copious marketing behind the S.H.I.E.L.D.-centric short Marvel film, Item 47. And Deadline says the series will continue it's growing focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whedon's brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen will be joining Whedon on this project. Plus the big guy might direct the pilot (here's hoping). No word on when we'll see this pilot, or who has been cast. Or even who the main characters will be, since Samuel L. Jackson is unlikely to star in a weekly TV series.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. (Marvel TV series) News/Discussion/SPOILERS

When this does come out, I will definitely check it out.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

A SHIELD series! *faints* Go MARVEL Go!

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
    I'd like to see an NCIS style cop show set in the Marvel universe. Just play it straight most of the time while throwing in the super elements every now and again.
    Keep an eye open for a show called "Powers".

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak View Post
    Keep an eye open for a show called "Powers".
    I am keeping my eyes on that show but the vibe I got from it was that it would be a bit more "serious" than NCIS which as always had a great easy humor to it. But then again things could change with "Powers".

As for the Shield show, I hope they have some of the big Avengers either shown directly or indirectly. It would be really cool if at some point the team (I´m assuming the show will revolve around a team) gets into trouble, calls for back up and Fury says he's sending someone the help and the next thing you know lightings are striking the bad guys down and you maybe see Mjolnir smash into something. They wouldn't even have to show Thor on camera, it would be enough to see his powers in action and the impact that has on the fight.

Presumably, Nick Fury would be a largely off-screen presence. What with Samuel L. Jackson being a busy man who usually has two or three movies on the go at once.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Presumably, Nick Fury would be a largely off-screen presence. What with Samuel L. Jackson being a busy man who usually has two or three movies on the go at once.
    More likely another lesser known actor would play Nick Fury
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    More likely another lesser known actor would play Nick Fury
    Idris Elba for example?

I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
    I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.
    Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.

Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.
    Would work for me. They could have some mid level agent be directly in charge of the team and then only use Fury in reference or over the phone. Considering Jacksons philosophy toward work he shouldn't be difficult to get for some voice work.

Or if push comes to shove, hire Terrence C. Carson who voices Mace Windu in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars".

I'm not sure what else the actress might be doing, but maybe Maria Hill could be the person the main characters get their missions from.