This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    Is it just me or does this show come across as a real "Hollywood" scifi show. Most things hollywood makes is total rubbish - the new Star Treks, Batman etc.
    Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.
      I liked the Chris Nolan Batman movies right up to "The Dark Knight Rises". It was, IMO, twenty minutes too long, had too much Bane (the whole of the Batman rogues gallery to play with, and he picks Bane? Really?), not enough Catwoman, and do not start me on that ridiculous Batplane thing.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Maybe we see things differently as i really liked the new trek.

Comment

I liked New Trek too

I am cautiously optimistic about this show
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Since it's ABC eying it, hopefully it Won't be as craptastic as it would be if Syfy got a hold of it.

Comment

Back from Comic-Con, where we got to see the full pilot during the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel on Friday. I am very impressed with what I saw.

(Brief spoilers ahead)
              Spoiler:
              It is a pilot, so there are spots of clunkiness that are typical when bringing together a new cast (Clark Gregg is totally on his game as Coulson), but I think there's a lot of potential there. And we all got a kick out of the cameos by Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill and Ron Glass as a SHIELD psychologist (didn't catch his name, the cheers were drowning out the dialogue, LOL).

The special effects are top-notch; it is a TV show, but it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make sure it didn't look as bad as some hokey SyFy movie. The music is being composed by Bear McCreary and it is fantastic, I already want a soundtrack CD.

Story-wise, this one did look like a "budding superhero of the week" kind of thing; I am hoping they won't all be like that or it could get boring pretty quick. There's some mysteries being hinted at with regard to how Coulson came back (he can "never know"? Uh oh!), and as Kevin Feige promised a couple of months ago, we did indeed get to see Extremis again, in a way that I found both expected and unexpected and that I hope is followed up on.

So basically... so far, so good. I liked it, and I'll be watching.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Maybe Coulson's a Fixed Point in Time now? Like Captain Jack Harkness.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

^ I'm guessing that it's more like the fury bots seen during the secret invasion but thats just me,

So i was wondering, if we could see J.K Simmons playing J.Jonah Jameson in this, it might be fun to see him mouthing off about spiderman. but idk
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.
                      I don't know the specifics of Sony but in general terms the company usually holds all right to a superhero be it TV or movies
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        So i was wondering, if we could see J.K Simmons playing J.Jonah Jameson in this, it might be fun to see him mouthing off about Spider-Man. but idk
                        I don't see why not, he already voices the character for Disney's "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon.

Which, I have to say, is a damn fine cartoon. It's right up there with "Batman: The Animated Series" in terms of quality.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          I don't see why not, he already voices the character for Disney's "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon.

Which, I have to say, is a damn fine cartoon. It's right up there with "Batman: The Animated Series" in terms of quality.
                          OT i know but I agree, Spidercycle aside, i really enjoy Ultimate Spiderman
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Kind of surprised to hear that, actually. The buzz about USM has been...mixed at best.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Kind of surprised to hear that, actually. The buzz about USM has been...mixed at best.
                              Thats because no one can top the 1990s Spider-man
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Thats because no one can top the 1990s Spider-man
                                This is actually pretty close imo
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X