Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD (Marvel TV series) News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber View Post
    Not happy with the timeslot, but there were some great lines in the trailer. Especially the "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD" one.
    when are they going to show it what night in the U.S.?

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    when are they going to show it what night in the U.S.?
    Tuesdays at 8. Not a particularly good choice, in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.
    Meh...

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

I would call it a medicroe timeslot. Thier are better timeslot for an ABC channel but their are also a lot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Livestick View Post
    Tuesdays at 8. Not a particularly good choice, in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.
    My problem is that the Boy Scout troop I'm an assistant scoutmaster for meets until 8:30 on Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Livestick View Post
    This makes me very happy great time slot for me I got bored with NCIS and NCIS LA so Tuesday turned into DVD night for me it works for me

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Major General

I'm just hoping there is going to be more to 'shield' than other shows/films where govt agents were going after those with super powers/mental powers, than the standard "You will work for us or die" crap..

Lieutenant Colonel

Is it just me or does this show come across as a real "Hollywood" scifi show. Most things hollywood makes is total rubbish - the new Star Treks, Batman etc.

Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    Is it just me or does this show come across as a real "Hollywood" scifi show. Most things hollywood makes is total rubbish - the new Star Treks, Batman etc.
    Popular opinion would seem to disagree with you. And at the end of the day that is what matters for a TV show
    Jelgate is right

I'm sure most of you are probably already aware, but I'll post it here for anyone who hasn't heard. There will be a panel discussion of Agents of SHIELD at Comic-Con International in San Diego this Friday:

Friday, July 19 • 1:45pm - 3:00pm
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC

Jeph Loeb (Marvel's head of television), Joss Whedon (Marvel's The Avengers), and surprise guests reveal top-secret new information about the first live-action television series from the House of Ideas. No Comic-Con attendee can afford to miss this historic panel!
    Friday July 19, 2013 1:45pm - 3:00pm
    Ballroom 20

Word has it some of the cast, including Clark Gregg, will be in attendance.

Now let's just hope I can actually get in; Legend of Korra and Bones will both have their panels in Ballroom 20 earlier that day and Agents of SHIELD is currently ranked as the third most popular event on the entire con schedule, which means it's gonna be a madhouse trying to get in. I foresee a lot of people getting there early and camping out in the room all day.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Major General

Meh.. Personally i would have rather they hold that at gencon!

Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.
    I liked the Chris Nolan Batman movies right up to "The Dark Knight Rises". It was, IMO, twenty minutes too long, had too much Bane (the whole of the Batman rogues gallery to play with, and he picks Bane? Really?), not enough Catwoman, and do not start me on that ridiculous Batplane thing.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Major General

Maybe we see things differently as i really liked the new trek.

I liked New Trek too

I am cautiously optimistic about this show

Major General

Since it's ABC eying it, hopefully it Won't be as craptastic as it would be if Syfy got a hold of it.

Back from Comic-Con, where we got to see the full pilot during the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel on Friday. I am very impressed with what I saw.

(Brief spoilers ahead)
    Spoiler:
    It is a pilot, so there are spots of clunkiness that are typical when bringing together a new cast (Clark Gregg is totally on his game as Coulson), but I think there's a lot of potential there. And we all got a kick out of the cameos by Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill and Ron Glass as a SHIELD psychologist (didn't catch his name, the cheers were drowning out the dialogue, LOL).

The special effects are top-notch; it is a TV show, but it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make sure it didn't look as bad as some hokey SyFy movie. The music is being composed by Bear McCreary and it is fantastic, I already want a soundtrack CD.

Story-wise, this one did look like a "budding superhero of the week" kind of thing; I am hoping they won't all be like that or it could get boring pretty quick. There's some mysteries being hinted at with regard to how Coulson came back (he can "never know"? Uh oh!), and as Kevin Feige promised a couple of months ago, we did indeed get to see Extremis again, in a way that I found both expected and unexpected and that I hope is followed up on.

So basically... so far, so good. I liked it, and I'll be watching.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Maybe Coulson's a Fixed Point in Time now? Like Captain Jack Harkness.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

^ I'm guessing that it's more like the fury bots seen during the secret invasion but thats just me,

So i was wondering, if we could see J.K Simmons playing J.Jonah Jameson in this, it might be fun to see him mouthing off about spiderman. but idk
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.
    I don't know the specifics of Sony but in general terms the company usually holds all right to a superhero be it TV or movies
    Jelgate is right

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast