Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the books as good as the HBO series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently reading Volume 2 of Book 3.
    But I have found the books to be a good read. And from reading the books I've enjoyed watching the series more. Of course I am trying to spot the differences.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I think the way HBO is going, first they're going to outstrip GRRM and end his series before he does, but also they're diverging here and there and it'll end up almost being two similar but different stories.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I think the way HBO is going, first they're going to outstrip GRRM and end his series before he does, but also they're diverging here and there and it'll end up almost being two similar but different stories.
        GRRM is involved in the series I think it was 'co-executive producer' and he's written some of the eps and stuff...

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...rtin-interview

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          He had reportedly already told the producers how his story ends in case he dies before he can finish it. Thy possibly have a contingency plan in case they begin to outpace him too.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yes, I agree with Nymeria.
            The books are much better than the series!

Comment

At this point, several tv plot lines have already diverged from the books, and tv is now well past where the books left off. The books have a depth the tv series doesn't, so I recommend reading! But in the end, I agree we'll get 2 different stories between the two.

Comment

I do think they will end up at the same place however, well two of the books do meander on and on and on, and more htan once you think a character has died only to have them show back up so....bad editing?

It was like GRRM couldn't figure out how to do something so he just had the characters muddle about in place for a few thousand pages.

I actually like that the show has surpassed the books. In the beginning I knew what was going to happen. I remember being more than a little amused at the outrage about the Red Wedding by those that hadn't read the books, while those of us that had knew what was going to happen. Kinda fun that way.

However, each Sunday night now I tune in and I don't know what is going to happen. THere are some scenes I can predict....which I can't go into too much detail without spoiling but, often you can tell by how the director frames the shot that something is going to happen and usually surmise 'yeah, something's going to come up behind her' etc. But beyond that, it's fun again to be guessing what will happen and see if your guesses are right instead of just waiting for already written scenes to be played out.

Sometimes I h onestly wonder if GRRM will ever really finish teh books. Or if he's just enjoying the popularity so much he doesn't care as much about putting the story down on paper.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think its nice no one knows whats going to happen anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X