No announcement yet.

A New Hope (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone forgetting what Claudia said in a threatening tone to Artie, before they all went to France?
    That "this isn't over"... and that she will finish what she started out to do.
    Would that little conversation have anything to do with the current timeline and events thereof?
    ..just wondering..

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      Is anyone forgetting what Claudia said in a threatening tone to Artie, before they all went to France?
      That "this isn't over"... and that she will finish what she started out to do.
      Would that little conversation have anything to do with the current timeline and events thereof?
      ..just wondering..
      That coversation was part of the timeline that got erased when Artie went back in time, so it never happened for her. But I think she would probably still have that mindset of "I'm bringing Steve back and no one is going to stop me." The conversation itself probably doesn't have much relevance, but her mindset does.
      Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        She's just turned into an everyday bunny boiler, she'll be right as rain in no time.

Was that Brent Spiner's only guest slot? or does he come back at some point down the line? First thing I said when I saw him on screen was shout DATA! to which I got very blank looks from everybody else in the room.
        A little OT, but the same thing happened to me when I watched Independence Day in the theater.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Most posts here seem to assume it's Claudia who's going dark. But what if it's Artie who has gone dark instead? Artie's dream is going to be from Artie's point of view - hapless Artie being chased down by a determined Claudia.

That grim look on Claudia's face... how would you look if you had to stop someone you've looked up to as a mentor, friend and father figure? Is Claudia really going after Artie with a knife, or is that a delusion on Artie's part?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

Using an artifact to bring them back is not only cheating but who knows what the downside of said artifact could be. They may not be the same person when you bring them back.

I'm wondering if that might be the case with Jinks, that he won't be quite "right." Makes me think of that Stephen King book Pet Sematary.

Originally posted by DemosCat View Post
            Most posts here seem to assume it's Claudia who's going dark. But what if it's Artie who has gone dark instead? Artie's dream is going to be from Artie's point of view - hapless Artie being chased down by a determined Claudia.

That grim look on Claudia's face... how would you look if you had to stop someone you've looked up to as a mentor, friend and father figure? Is Claudia really going after Artie with a knife, or is that a delusion on Artie's part?
            I wondered too if that scene isn't Claudia going after Artie for revenge but instead to stop him or something that takes over him. The knife didn't look like an ordinary kitchen knife either. Was it the same one used on Brent Spiner's character? (can't remember his name)

Good start to the season. Glad to see HG back. Mrs. F. knows something's wrong. Will be interesting to see what she does.
            Pete's death which now hasn't happened was nicely done. Him asking Artie if he'd remember it and the way Artie said, "no, but I will."
            Last edited by NumberSix; 29 July 2012, 09:44 AM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
              I'm wondering if that might be the case with Jinks, that he won't be quite "right." Makes me think of that Stephen King book Pet Sematary.

I wondered too if that scene isn't Claudia going after Artie for revenge but instead to stop him or something that takes over him. The knife didn't look like an ordinary kitchen knife either. Was it the same one used on Brent Spiner's character? (can't remember his name)

Good start to the season. Glad to see HG back. Mrs. F. knows something's wrong. Will be interesting to see what she does.
              Pete's death which now hasn't happened was nicely done. Him asking Artie if he'd remember it and the way Artie said, "no, but I will."
              From the teaser, I think we'll find out about Claudia and Jinks, tomorrow night. Hopefully my new job won't have me so tired that I sleep through it. *Crosses fingers*

Claudia was using the same dagger as Spiner's character. I never thought about it that way, NumberSix.

It will be interesting to see if Mrs. F. puts the pieces together before the year is out.

Comment

A little OT, but the same thing happened to me when I watched Independence Day in the theater.
                I bet you got even stranger looks than I did considering he looked like a hippy in ID

Comment

Have I mentioned how awesome it is that Claudia made a Galaxy Quest reference?

"Never give up, never surrender!"
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    I bet you got even stranger looks than I did considering he looked like a hippy in ID
                    Yah. An older couple turned around and looked at me funny. I then heard the husband explain what I said to his wife.

Comment

The episode has just aired in the UK

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      Claudia obviously walking out with the metronome. And HG is staying. Goody.
                      Agreed on both counts

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      I don't like that they are making Claudia dark

I hope it is something short and quick of the story line
                      You are right. Claudia going rogue could just be a red herring to distract us. Something could just as easily happen with HG or Leena again.
                      agreed, perhaps the evil will possess Claudia towards the end. Or as Mandogater says it could be a red herring (my moneys on the rouge bird)

If Claudia brings jinks back to life and everything is going to go on hunky dory ! She and jinks will go back to artifact hunting ?! Like nothing happened ? Why is she basically destroying her relationship with everyone else just to save jinks with an artifact ?
                      Close friends and family will always die and there is nothing you can do about it.

Using an artifact to bring them back is not only cheating but who knows what the downside of said artifact could be. They may not be the same person when you bring them back.
                      she's lost someone whom she loves like a brother and there is something she can do about it, so as said, she's not thinking logically, but its completely understandable.

Cause she told Jinx about the mental institution but she never told Todd.

Im sure she will be punished (by the artifact) for her actions

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      but what if what she brings back isn't jinks??? meaning he's too damaged

what if the greatest evil that artie creates is claudia reviving jinks?
                      Although I think the greatest evil is artie's secret that he can't tell anyone, the pressure and stress and self-doubt.
                      I dont think so. I think Claudia would have bought jinx back even if the warehouse didnt blow up and the whole "evil creation" thing never happened. but maybe Artie will make it worse, rather than the act of resurrection.

That's is a little far fetched I think? I just wonder why Claudia cares that much to sacrifice her life for Jinks she barely knows him
                      even though they've only know about a year (one season) she considers him a "BFFEWYLION" (Best Friend For Ever Whether You Like It Or Not)

Originally posted by DemosCat View Post

OMG Artie's evil could be forcing Claudia to kill him, and having her have to live with it forever after she takes over from miss Fredric (if she does)

Overall, a good episode.
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Working...
                      X