• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaslight (205)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON TWO
    GASLIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205

Bill, Gary, and Hicks have a series of strange encounters while searching for Rachel and a missing patient inside a hospital. Meanwhile, Dr. Rosen asks Nina for help in subtly interrogating a Senator for information on Parish.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 30 October 2012, 02:32 PM.

I missed the first 10 minutes or so (pretty much everything before the the opening credits), and bits and pieces as the episode went on. I'll give a fuller commentary later when I get a chance to see the episode in its entirety.

1.) The adversarial and/or protective nature of each character's hallucinations was interesting, in particular that Gary saw Anna. Who was in the wash tub where Adam was drowned?

2.) Even though there is "some" reluctance to welcome back Nina to the fold, it looks like she's getting back in much too easy.

3.) A very "Johnny Mnemonic" like moment with Kat getting back some of her memories associated with her birthday. It will be interesting to see what kind of issues come from Nina "pulling" at Kat's memories, and just where the writers go with this newly found extension to Nina's abilities.

4.) Why did the medical types around Jason's ward (the sleeping kid) allow Rosen to inject him with anything? Have we seen this kid before now (or Gary discovering him)? Rosen is not his doctor, nor would he be familiar with this kid's condition. I get that he wakes up the kid and all the bad dreams go away, but if it was so easy to wake him, why didn't Jason's doctors do this? Did I miss something somewhere (could be )?

5.) Surprised Rachel didn't react to the chlorine in the pool (aroma or touch).

6.) The "Anna Lives" thing is likely a
    Spoiler:
    ploy by Parrish. However, it would be interesting if it was actually a separate group of alphas, one not controlled by the DoD or by Parrish. They could become both allies and adversaries.

7.) So, where was "blonde guy"? Isn't he supposed to be head of tactical? Was he even mentioned at any point during the episode? It's annoying to me that a new character is introduced, given a significant set of duties, and then forgotten.

8.) As with Nina expanding on her repertoire this episode, and Harken looking like he can ramp up at a faster rate ("Alpha Dogs"), it will be interesting to see just what (if anything) the writers do to expand on the rest of the group's powers.

regards,
    G.
    Last edited by Gollumpus; 21 August 2012, 12:46 AM.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

I liked this episode a lot it focused on the creepy aspect quite a bit...
      Spoiler:
      Am I the only one that suspects that the machines Stanton Parish commissioned are probably designed to either wake up Alpha abilities or even create then?
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

4.) Why did the medical types around Jason's ward (the sleeping kid) allow Rosen to inject him with anything? Have we seen this kid before now (or Gary discovering him)? Rosen is not his doctor, nor would he be familiar with this kid's condition. I get that he wakes up the kid and all the bad dreams go away, but if it was so easy to wake him, why didn't Jason's doctors do this? Did I miss something somewhere (could be )?

I wondered this myself-unless he discussed it with the drs beforehand but.......I need a re-watch

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
          I wondered this myself-unless he discussed it with the drs beforehand but.......I need a re-watch
          I was wondering if I was the only one who noted this, which brings me to #9 on my list...

9.) It is interesting to see Rosen "slipping", putting the good of the group to the back burner in his pursuit of Stanton Parrish. True, Parrish is very important. This being said, if Rosen had passed up on his opportunity to interrogate the senator with Nina, there would have been much less of a chance of Rachel drowning, of Harkin beating himself to death, of Hicks eviscerating himself, and who knows what might have become of Gary if he kept on about seeing a dead person (Anna).

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
            I liked this episode a lot it focused on the creepy aspect quite a bit...
            Spoiler:
            Am I the only one that suspects that the machines Stanton Parish commissioned are probably designed to either wake up Alpha abilities or even create then?
            I would go with the former rather than the latter. Interesting idea.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              I missed the first 10 minutes or so (pretty much everything before the the opening credits), and bits and pieces as the episode went on. I'll give a fuller commentary later when I get a chance to see the episode in its entirety.

1.) The adversarial and/or protective nature of each character's hallucinations was interesting, in particular that Gary saw Anna. Who was in the wash tub where Adam was drowned?

2.) Even though there is "some" reluctance to welcome back Nina to the fold, it looks like she's getting back in much too easy.

3.) A very "Johnny Mnemonic" like moment with Kat getting back some of her memories associated with her birthday. It will be interesting to see what kind of issues come from Nina "pulling" at Kat's memories, and just where the writers go with this newly found extension to Nina's abilities.

5.) Surprised Rachel didn't react to the chlorine in the pool (aroma or touch).

6.) The "Anna Lives" thing is likely a
              Spoiler:
              ploy by Parrish. However, it would be interesting if it was actually a separate group of alphas, one not controlled by the DoD or by Parrish. They could become both allies and adversaries.

7.) So, where was "blonde guy"? Isn't he supposed to be head of tactical? Was he even mentioned at any point during the episode? It's annoying to me that a new character is introduced, given a significant set of duties, and then forgotten.

8.) As with Nina expanding on her repertoire this episode, and Harken looking like he can ramp up at a faster rate ("Alpha Dogs"), it will be interesting to see just what (if anything) the writers do to expand on the rest of the group's powers.

regards,
              G.
              By topics:
              #1 They were led to that building to retrieve someone (not the ending kid) and that was who was in the tub. Could have been a hallucination though.
              #2 I was hoping Nina would use her investigative skills for a while. When this looked to be a haunted house scenario, I was half expecting her to push someone with "you are not afraid".
              #3 I don't think the new abilities will go far. I find it technically more invasive than pushing. The recipient would have to have repressed memories, which wouldn't be often. And the process takes screen time that can be better used.
              #4 That's a typical television/movie trope. Being "Doctor" Rosen, he unrealistically has full access to all medical records and patients and equipment.
              #5 Why was the pool still filled?
              #6 I don't think this is what your spoiler states. They'd have to know an awful lot about Gary to do it, and fairly blew the secrecy if it was since its weird enough to try to determine the cause. Most likely it was just Gary's head, and a good way to get him to cope with Anna's death.
              #7 I regret starting "blonde guy" Every scene with him makes me think he's a mole.
              #8 I said before that Harken will eventually have a over-amped hulk episode. Gary could do better code encryption/decryption by discussing it with Anna even if she's only a figment of his imagination. I see Rachel as improved already, because I think she is better at hearing specifics within a noisy environment, better than season 1. Hicks is also doing effective telekenetic magic, as shooting a bullet with a bullet, which isn't repeatable with firearms under lab conditions.
              #9 I've given up on Rosen since he isn't written as having consistency, so his goals are all over the place.

Comment

Working...
              X